Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

Originally Posted by tkthafm

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This thread must be a joke.

Instead of crying about how sending some food over to a country in need detracts from quality of life for citizens in the US, why not cry about the billions spent in other countries, not for food, but for funding poorly planned wars/nation building (hint: Iraq, Afghanistan), propping up narco-states (hint: Afghanistan), dictators (hint: Egypt), and funding state terrorism (hint: Israel) ? For the sake of brevity I will ignore the dozens of other examples from history. Fun fact OP: Israel receives more aid than all of Latin America, the Caribbean, & Africa COMBINED. 

This 2001 journal publication estimated aid to Israel to be around 8 million per day. The number is closer to 10 million a day currently. Did you know we've given Israel more than $45 billion in waived "loans" from 1975-2003 ? Source

Are you trolling, or do you legitimately fail to realize how pathetic it is to be mad at some food/medical supplies being sent over (which will be used to HELP victims) when the expenditures to do so pale in comparison to the amount we spend each year to both directly and indirectly KILL and MAIM innocent civilians ? and LOWER our national security while doing so ? 
laugh.gif

Do the knowledge, we were paying Mr. Mubarak ~2 billion a year to maintain his dictatorship...roughly the same we gave in aid for the '04 tsunami disaster. We give roughly half this sum (~1 billion) to the ISI every year, which according to our own leaked intel documents (wikileaks cables) are using it in turn  to fund al-Qaeda and the Taliban to kill our own soldiers. Why not complain about this instead of crying about us feeding some Libyan family trying to escape a massacre ?

and for the other guy in this thread comparing DC (no matter how 'bad' the area) to the third world...
indifferent.gif

You would be better served shifting your gripes away from humanitarian aid & towards our failed domestic monetary and trade policies as well as the rampant inconsistencies in our foreign policy (some of which I highlighted above) if you are looking for actual problems to discuss. Keep in mind that the US is very hesitant to provide "aid" in situations not beneficial to us in some way. Does Darfur ring a bell ? (hint: Look at China's role in that situation). Hell, we are hard pressed to even provide support with our WORDS if it's not beneficial to us in some way: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...un-resolution-condemning-settlements-1.344333

I'm going to stop here before I get too far off topic. 
Wow I am actually impressed... which is random here on NT. 
Good post. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Instead of crying about how sending some food over to a country in need detracts from quality of life for citizens in the US, why not cry about the billions spent in other countries, not for food, but for funding poorly planned wars/nation building (hint: Iraq, Afghanistan), propping up narco-states (hint: Afghanistan), dictators (hint: Egypt), and funding state terrorism (hint: Israel) ? For the sake of brevity I will ignore the dozens of other examples from history. Fun fact OP: Israel receives more aid than all of Latin America, the Caribbean, & Africa COMBINED. 

This 2001 journal publication estimated aid to Israel to be around 8 million per day. The number is closer to 10 million a day currently. Did you know we've given Israel more than $45 billion in waived "loans" from 1975-2003 ? Source

Are you trolling, or do you legitimately fail to realize how pathetic it is to be mad at some food/medical supplies being sent over (which will be used to HELP victims) when the expenditures to do so pale in comparison to the amount we spend each year to both directly and indirectly KILL and MAIM innocent civilians ? and LOWER our national security while doing so ? 
laugh.gif

Do the knowledge, we were paying Mr. Mubarak ~2 billion a year to maintain his dictatorship...roughly the same we gave in aid for the '04 tsunami disaster. We give roughly half this sum (~1 billion) to the ISI every year, which according to our own leaked intel documents (wikileaks cables) are using it in turn  to fund al-Qaeda and the Taliban to kill our own soldiers. Why not complain about this instead of crying about us feeding some Libyan family trying to escape a massacre ?

and for the other guy in this thread comparing DC (no matter how 'bad' the area) to the third world...
indifferent.gif

You would be better served shifting your gripes away from humanitarian aid & towards our failed domestic monetary and trade policies as well as the rampant inconsistencies in our foreign policy (some of which I highlighted above) if you are looking for actual problems to discuss. Keep in mind that the US is very hesitant to provide "aid" in situations not beneficial to us in some way. Does Darfur ring a bell ? (hint: Look at China's role in that situation). Hell, we are hard pressed to even provide support with our WORDS if it's not beneficial to us in some way: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...un-resolution-condemning-settlements-1.344333

Good post. 

Originally Posted by lyricist343

Just imagine while we're all sitting here gossiping in front of our computers. Someone or somebody is fighting for their life trying to breathe through all that mud and debris. I can feel their pain and sense their fears through my own imagination.

OP clearly has a hard time tuning into that sense. Which is why he made such a noob comment starting this thread. He's just proven to us all that he has no heart and that's something he can take to his grave.

Lock this up.
Not gonna defame homeboy cuz he's clearly young in the head, but to the level headed ppl in here, calling him heartless, stupid and a moron aint helping either. He represents the typical "ME" attitude that America has embedded in our society.  DC has plumbing, infrastructure and countless resources. Yes we have our own problems as far as economics, but when A natural disaster hits, you just gotta react, dollars and cents come later.

Just imagine while we're all sitting here gossiping in front of our computers. Someone or somebody is fighting for their life trying to breathe through all that mud and debris. I can feel their pain and sense their fears through my own imagination.

OP clearly has a hard time tuning into that sense. Which is why he made such a noob comment starting this thread. He's just proven to us all that he has no heart and that's something he can take to his grave.

Lock this up.
Not gonna defame homeboy cuz he's clearly young in the head, but to the level headed ppl in here, calling him heartless, stupid and a moron aint helping either. He represents the typical "ME" attitude that America has embedded in our society.  DC has plumbing, infrastructure and countless resources. Yes we have our own problems as far as economics, but when A natural disaster hits, you just gotta react, dollars and cents come later.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Lock this up.
Even if it broadens our deficit and skull $@%+@ our economy worse than it already is right?

Right?

Lock this up.
Even if it broadens our deficit and skull $@%+@ our economy worse than it already is right?

Right?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Lock this up.

Right?
Right. Sorry Japan...we're not going to help you save lives because it will add to our deficit...maybe next time. 

Lock this up.

Right?
Right. Sorry Japan...we're not going to help you save lives because it will add to our deficit...maybe next time. 

Lock this up.

Right?
So you are telling me you never been put in a situation where you really couldn't afford the problem/emergency, but you had to front the dough regardless? Cmon............ Shouldnt care when its only you and your immediate family.. We all on this place together trying to survive.........

The frontin aint cute.

Lock this up.

Right?
So you are telling me you never been put in a situation where you really couldn't afford the problem/emergency, but you had to front the dough regardless? Cmon............ Shouldnt care when its only you and your immediate family.. We all on this place together trying to survive.........

The frontin aint cute.

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

I mean take care of home first. I understand humanitarian aid and a more stable world benefits the US and everything  but  we are in debt plus parts of inner city dc and baltimore are  wholly neglected and ignored. What about them. Maybe i'm wrong tho

I'm the bad guy for saying this but even if we helped what you describe as "parts of inner city, dc, and baltimore" these people would go right back where they started after financial assistance, a lost cause.

Japan is a major player in today's world economy and this tsunami is going to affect the world as a whole.

From a utilitarian standpoint helping Japan has more of a global benefit. 

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

I mean take care of home first. I understand humanitarian aid and a more stable world benefits the US and everything  but  we are in debt plus parts of inner city dc and baltimore are  wholly neglected and ignored. What about them. Maybe i'm wrong tho

I'm the bad guy for saying this but even if we helped what you describe as "parts of inner city, dc, and baltimore" these people would go right back where they started after financial assistance, a lost cause.

Japan is a major player in today's world economy and this tsunami is going to affect the world as a whole.

From a utilitarian standpoint helping Japan has more of a global benefit. 

Lock this up.

Right?
laugh.gif

2429217377_c703bc367e.jpg

Total federal expenditures for 2007: 2.73 Trillion. 

For comparison once again, amount we gave for the 2004 tsunami: 2.4 billion.(Try to remember that a trillion is = 1,000 billion)

and to put this $ in perspective: amount we have given to Mubarak during his 30 year reign: 60 billion.

Food//medicine aid is clearly burying the country in debt. 
grin.gif

Please, if you have no idea what you are talking about, don't post.

Lock this up.

Right?
laugh.gif

2429217377_c703bc367e.jpg

Total federal expenditures for 2007: 2.73 Trillion. 

For comparison once again, amount we gave for the 2004 tsunami: 2.4 billion.(Try to remember that a trillion is = 1,000 billion)

and to put this $ in perspective: amount we have given to Mubarak during his 30 year reign: 60 billion.

Food//medicine aid is clearly burying the country in debt. 
grin.gif

Please, if you have no idea what you are talking about, don't post.

Time to time I think how the world and this country would be if we continued our isolationism policy from the early 1900s.

laugh.gif

Time to time I think how the world and this country would be if we continued our isolationism policy from the early 1900s.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Good post. 
and don't forget Israel now wants 20 billion dollars in military aid

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Good post. 
and don't forget Israel now wants 20 billion dollars in military aid

man the ignorance in this thread is both sad and laughable.

if we can shift the topic to more productive matters.

Anyone know what org's will be the first responders? For those NTers looking to help out and donate, what and where should we be lookin to send some money?

man the ignorance in this thread is both sad and laughable.

if we can shift the topic to more productive matters.

Anyone know what org's will be the first responders? For those NTers looking to help out and donate, what and where should we be lookin to send some money?

Back
Top Bottom