Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

"2010"

Screen-shot-2010-12-17-at-12.27.16-PM.png

Bear in mind this 1% is not all actual humanitarian aid.

If you bothered to pay any mind to these topics before commenting on them you would know that even this small amount of aid is being targetted for CUTS.

The House bill would slash the budget for one of the main U.S. foreign food aid programs, Food for Peace, by 40 percent from 2010 levels. That would reduce or eliminate food for about 15 million people in places such as Ethiopia, Haiti and Sudan, U.S. officials say.

The cuts would come at a time when millions of people are sinking into poverty because of rising food prices globally, according to the World Bank.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/16/AR2011021606393.html

As someone else previously mentioned, these cuts can potentially happen at the same time we agree give Israel up to $20 billion MORE in aid.

Forget all this though, and the other 99.5%+ of the budget, let's sit around and complain about the Ethiopians, Haitians and Sudanese we are giving some food too. Clearly this tiny sliver of our budget pie chart is the reason why our inner cities are in shambles.

It's amazing how ignorant most Americans are when it comes to knowing where their own tax money goes:

opinion-chart-on-aid-spending2.jpg

alien.gif

"2010"

Screen-shot-2010-12-17-at-12.27.16-PM.png

Bear in mind this 1% is not all actual humanitarian aid.

If you bothered to pay any mind to these topics before commenting on them you would know that even this small amount of aid is being targetted for CUTS.

The House bill would slash the budget for one of the main U.S. foreign food aid programs, Food for Peace, by 40 percent from 2010 levels. That would reduce or eliminate food for about 15 million people in places such as Ethiopia, Haiti and Sudan, U.S. officials say.

The cuts would come at a time when millions of people are sinking into poverty because of rising food prices globally, according to the World Bank.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/16/AR2011021606393.html

As someone else previously mentioned, these cuts can potentially happen at the same time we agree give Israel up to $20 billion MORE in aid.

Forget all this though, and the other 99.5%+ of the budget, let's sit around and complain about the Ethiopians, Haitians and Sudanese we are giving some food too. Clearly this tiny sliver of our budget pie chart is the reason why our inner cities are in shambles.

It's amazing how ignorant most Americans are when it comes to knowing where their own tax money goes:

opinion-chart-on-aid-spending2.jpg

alien.gif

In this thread:

A bunch of people trying to prove their "intelligence."

Bottom line:

Japan got rocked by an earthquake and tsunami -- millions of people are in dire need of help, and they're getting it.

In this thread:

A bunch of people trying to prove their "intelligence."

Bottom line:

Japan got rocked by an earthquake and tsunami -- millions of people are in dire need of help, and they're getting it.

So the U.S. supports it's own interests....This is news.

Cut Social Security NOW, it's an excuse to take money out of my paycheck. Problem solved.

So the U.S. supports it's own interests....This is news.

Cut Social Security NOW, it's an excuse to take money out of my paycheck. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by daffy 016

Originally Posted by tkthafm

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This thread must be a joke.

Instead of crying about how sending some food over to a country in need detracts from quality of life for citizens in the US, why not cry about the billions spent in other countries, not for food, but for funding poorly planned wars/nation building (hint: Iraq, Afghanistan), propping up narco-states (hint: Afghanistan), dictators (hint: Egypt), and funding state terrorism (hint: Israel) ? For the sake of brevity I will ignore the dozens of other examples from history. Fun fact OP: Israel receives more aid than all of Latin America, the Caribbean, & Africa COMBINED. 

This 2001 journal publication estimated aid to Israel to be around 8 million per day. The number is closer to 10 million a day currently. Did you know we've given Israel more than $45 billion in waived "loans" from 1975-2003 ? Source

Are you trolling, or do you legitimately fail to realize how pathetic it is to be mad at some food/medical supplies being sent over (which will be used to HELP victims) when the expenditures to do so pale in comparison to the amount we spend each year to both directly and indirectly KILL and MAIM innocent civilians ? and LOWER our national security while doing so ? 
laugh.gif

Do the knowledge, we were paying Mr. Mubarak ~2 billion a year to maintain his dictatorship...roughly the same we gave in aid for the '04 tsunami disaster. We give roughly half this sum (~1 billion) to the ISI every year, which according to our own leaked intel documents (wikileaks cables) are using it in turn  to fund al-Qaeda and the Taliban to kill our own soldiers. Why not complain about this instead of crying about us feeding some Libyan family trying to escape a massacre ?

and for the other guy in this thread comparing DC (no matter how 'bad' the area) to the third world...
indifferent.gif

You would be better served shifting your gripes away from humanitarian aid & towards our failed domestic monetary and trade policies as well as the rampant inconsistencies in our foreign policy (some of which I highlighted above) if you are looking for actual problems to discuss. Keep in mind that the US is very hesitant to provide "aid" in situations not beneficial to us in some way. Does Darfur ring a bell ? (hint: Look at China's role in that situation). Hell, we are hard pressed to even provide support with our WORDS if it's not beneficial to us in some way: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...un-resolution-condemning-settlements-1.344333

I'm going to stop here before I get too far off topic. 

Thank you for that. I really mean it. Americans also 85% of NikeTalkers are ignorant about the foreign aid that we supply Israel. There is no logical explanation for the vast amount of money we give them. Believe it or not, Israel pretty much owns our country.

It's funny you say that. I distinctly remember an Israel thread where DJ Bana said, in regard to Israel's detractors, something like, "Shut up and mind your business". It's an appalling statement considering how it is my business and the business of every American tax payer.
She's Jewish isn't she? Just saying. Thanks tkthafm, I never heard of this, eye opening to say the least
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daffy 016

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This thread must be a joke.

Instead of crying about how sending some food over to a country in need detracts from quality of life for citizens in the US, why not cry about the billions spent in other countries, not for food, but for funding poorly planned wars/nation building (hint: Iraq, Afghanistan), propping up narco-states (hint: Afghanistan), dictators (hint: Egypt), and funding state terrorism (hint: Israel) ? For the sake of brevity I will ignore the dozens of other examples from history. Fun fact OP: Israel receives more aid than all of Latin America, the Caribbean, & Africa COMBINED. 

This 2001 journal publication estimated aid to Israel to be around 8 million per day. The number is closer to 10 million a day currently. Did you know we've given Israel more than $45 billion in waived "loans" from 1975-2003 ? Source

Are you trolling, or do you legitimately fail to realize how pathetic it is to be mad at some food/medical supplies being sent over (which will be used to HELP victims) when the expenditures to do so pale in comparison to the amount we spend each year to both directly and indirectly KILL and MAIM innocent civilians ? and LOWER our national security while doing so ? 
laugh.gif

Do the knowledge, we were paying Mr. Mubarak ~2 billion a year to maintain his dictatorship...roughly the same we gave in aid for the '04 tsunami disaster. We give roughly half this sum (~1 billion) to the ISI every year, which according to our own leaked intel documents (wikileaks cables) are using it in turn  to fund al-Qaeda and the Taliban to kill our own soldiers. Why not complain about this instead of crying about us feeding some Libyan family trying to escape a massacre ?

and for the other guy in this thread comparing DC (no matter how 'bad' the area) to the third world...
indifferent.gif

You would be better served shifting your gripes away from humanitarian aid & towards our failed domestic monetary and trade policies as well as the rampant inconsistencies in our foreign policy (some of which I highlighted above) if you are looking for actual problems to discuss. Keep in mind that the US is very hesitant to provide "aid" in situations not beneficial to us in some way. Does Darfur ring a bell ? (hint: Look at China's role in that situation). Hell, we are hard pressed to even provide support with our WORDS if it's not beneficial to us in some way: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...un-resolution-condemning-settlements-1.344333

I'm going to stop here before I get too far off topic. 

Thank you for that. I really mean it. Americans also 85% of NikeTalkers are ignorant about the foreign aid that we supply Israel. There is no logical explanation for the vast amount of money we give them. Believe it or not, Israel pretty much owns our country.

It's funny you say that. I distinctly remember an Israel thread where DJ Bana said, in regard to Israel's detractors, something like, "Shut up and mind your business". It's an appalling statement considering how it is my business and the business of every American tax payer.
She's Jewish isn't she? Just saying. Thanks tkthafm, I never heard of this, eye opening to say the least
pimp.gif

"2010"
You know what year this is now?

edit
Hendrix Watermelon wrote:

pimp.gif

That chick thinks the world is out to get jews
laugh.gif

"2010"

edit
Hendrix Watermelon wrote:

pimp.gif

That chick thinks the world is out to get jews
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by roback1991

Originally Posted by moneymike88

"2010"
You know that those statistic can't come out until the year is over?
Exactly my point. Please list the number of major natural disasters that occurred in 2010 (that the us aided with). I'll wait.

"2010"
Exactly my point. Please list the number of major natural disasters that occurred in 2010 (that the us aided with). I'll wait.

You do realize the budget for 2011 didn't pass yet, right ?

and if you read my post, you would know it is likely to have an even smaller % (of the sub 1% currently allocated) to foreign humanitarian aid.

Read the proposed budget. http://www.whitehouse.gov...fy2011/assets/budget.pdf
Normally I'd ignore such obvious trolling but might as well utilize clowns for whatever entertainment they attempt to provide. 
laugh.gif

You do realize the budget for 2011 didn't pass yet, right ?

and if you read my post, you would know it is likely to have an even smaller % (of the sub 1% currently allocated) to foreign humanitarian aid.

Read the proposed budget. http://www.whitehouse.gov...fy2011/assets/budget.pdf
Normally I'd ignore such obvious trolling but might as well utilize clowns for whatever entertainment they attempt to provide. 
laugh.gif

Dumb *** those stats show how much aid goes to foreign countries whether a natural disaster happened or not 
its not causing that much damage in the budget 

and the Hati earthquake happened on 2010 lame

I never seen somebody put so much effort into trying to sound smart just to expose how stupid they are
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LMAO The budget is the main thing holding up America right now my dude. smh

LMAO The budget is the main thing holding up America right now my dude. smh

Back
Top Bottom