Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

It seems like helping others in need is a 'no-brain-er'. I suspect that those who are opposed to sending aid to Japan, Haiti, or Libya are plagued with that same 'right-wing' ideology that assistance is not the American way. I guess the victims should just pull themselves by their boot straps and make a way..c'mon people, really? You'd rather the USA shrug their shoulders about the disaster, saying "sucks to be you"?

Where is the aid sent to Haiti? Do you know where it is?

I don't understand your questions, I apologize for my ignorance.

It seems like helping others in need is a 'no-brain-er'. I suspect that those who are opposed to sending aid to Japan, Haiti, or Libya are plagued with that same 'right-wing' ideology that assistance is not the American way. I guess the victims should just pull themselves by their boot straps and make a way..c'mon people, really? You'd rather the USA shrug their shoulders about the disaster, saying "sucks to be you"?

he's going to talk about how the money was wasted.

meanwhile, here in the US, people pay more daily for internet than people in haiti do to survive

meanwhile, here in the US, people pay more daily for internet than people in haiti do to survive

[h1]Earthquake aid totals $23 million - far less than Haiti[/h1]
That number is far below the first four-day totals of other recent natural disasters. More than $150 million was raised toward relief within four days of the crisis in Haiti, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy. In the case of Hurricane Katrina, donations exceeded $108 million during the crucial first four days.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/14/pf/japan_earthquake_donations/

[h1]Earthquake aid totals $23 million - far less than Haiti[/h1]
That number is far below the first four-day totals of other recent natural disasters. More than $150 million was raised toward relief within four days of the crisis in Haiti, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy. In the case of Hurricane Katrina, donations exceeded $108 million during the crucial first four days.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/14/pf/japan_earthquake_donations/

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Oh I see
laugh.gif
, my fault.  How the Haiti relief money was allocated is diffent subjet though..

Oh I see
laugh.gif
, my fault.  How the Haiti relief money was allocated is diffent subjet though..

The FB page is
eek.gif

I had no clue how jaded/ignorant this generation (88- later) is when they really have NO REASON TO BE.....

And Im not a historian or anything but didnt we Bomb Japan as a result of Pearl Harbor, HOW THE HELL IS THIS KARMA?!?!?!?!?

The FB page is
eek.gif

I had no clue how jaded/ignorant this generation (88- later) is when they really have NO REASON TO BE.....

And Im not a historian or anything but didnt we Bomb Japan as a result of Pearl Harbor, HOW THE HELL IS THIS KARMA?!?!?!?!?

i feel OP for what he's saying but bra, whats happening right now in japan >> whatever's happening in the hood. they need it more than we do

i feel OP for what he's saying but bra, whats happening right now in japan >> whatever's happening in the hood. they need it more than we do

devildog1776 wrote:
Why people cry when humanitarian aid is needed, but say nothing when bankers steal trillions every yr....
Life>Currency

But bankers shouldn't be allowed to do what is being done.

devildog1776 wrote:
Why people cry when humanitarian aid is needed, but say nothing when bankers steal trillions every yr....
Life>Currency

But bankers shouldn't be allowed to do what is being done.

dude in your avy makes as much as haiti does annually.

What does that have to do with anything?

How the Haiti relief money was allocated is diffent subjet though..

It isn't. The money given by governments are directed to governments. Governments steal the money. Money given to private charities get to the people directly.

dude in your avy makes as much as haiti does annually.

What does that have to do with anything?

It isn't. The money given by governments are directed to governments. Governments steal the money. Money given to private charities get to the people directly.

rashi wrote:

NGO's are notorious for embezzlement. The last fiasco being the missing money with Bill Gate's Global fund 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
untitled.bmp

rashi wrote:

NGO's are notorious for embezzlement. The last fiasco being the missing money with Bill Gate's Global fund 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
untitled.bmp

Back
Top Bottom