Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

ive lived in mexico before, and, nowhere in DC looks half as bad as the hoods in mexico....and they're a SECOND world country...

poverty.jpg
that's mexico

my pops lived down there after he retired, and, he and his wife adopted a little girl who lived next door to them.....she lived in a shack like the picture above....my father lived in a nice condo-like house.....with satellite and running water...

she lived in literally a shack with pressed metal as a ceiling....

show me DC looking like this (and if you were smart youd find as many pictures of homeless people as you can....but guess what, THESE PEOPLE ARENT HOMELESS, THIS IS HOME FOR A LARGE POPULATION IN NOT ONLY MEXICO, BUT ACROSS THE GLOBE)

american kids these days...lol

he's comparing US cities (DC, nonetheless) to 3rd world countries and obviously hasnt ever even seen videos of a third world country

LOL

NO PERSPECTIVE WHATSOEVER  

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

curious, since you're comparing DC hoods to 3rd world countries, which 3rd world countries have you visited for extended periods of time to have such a perspective on the contrast between the two?

eyes.gif

come on son i was using a hyperbole to make the point that it ain't all sweet here

oh, okay, its hyperbole now....which is a comedic device....alright...
eyes.gif

you get exposed and claim hyperbole LOL

an american life isnt more valuable than a japanese life, which isnt more valuable than an indonesian life, and so on and so forth...we are all humans...

these national affiliations are man made constructs to divide wealth and power....

i know what you're saying cause i raised the same questions.....when i was like 13....then i got world perspective....

not saying DC hoods are peachy, nor that the african american children growing up there even get a fair shot at life, nor that there isnt a REAL problem that needs to be addressed....

you can't compare anywhere here to a 3rd world country anywhere....its not even in the same mesosphere.....
Talk about hypocritical... You're calling buddy sheltered and without perspective... Your post, from the thread about Kentucky welfare reform..
eNPHAN wrote:
And she doesn't live in a third world country. Immigrants from Guatamala, Soviet Bloc nations, Sudan, Iraq, those are 3rd world countries where there is no clean water, no waste treatment facialties, no access to healthcare or even a damn education.

besides the obvious population of americans too poor to afford ANY of these things....

there are sections of the US in which tap water is flammable as it comes out the faucet...

there are sections of the US where there is no plumbing....

there are millions upon millions upon millions of americans who do not have access to healthcare whatsoever

and there is a post where a mother recieved double felonies and actual jailtime for trying to get access to an equal education for her daughters.....

so, again, 

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING THE LIFE OF THOSE IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES RIGHT HERE IN THE UNITED STATES

like i said, step outside once in a while

Funny how you can say completely opposing things to suit your arguments.

ive lived in mexico before, and, nowhere in DC looks half as bad as the hoods in mexico....and they're a SECOND world country...

poverty.jpg
that's mexico

my pops lived down there after he retired, and, he and his wife adopted a little girl who lived next door to them.....she lived in a shack like the picture above....my father lived in a nice condo-like house.....with satellite and running water...

she lived in literally a shack with pressed metal as a ceiling....

show me DC looking like this (and if you were smart youd find as many pictures of homeless people as you can....but guess what, THESE PEOPLE ARENT HOMELESS, THIS IS HOME FOR A LARGE POPULATION IN NOT ONLY MEXICO, BUT ACROSS THE GLOBE)

american kids these days...lol

he's comparing US cities (DC, nonetheless) to 3rd world countries and obviously hasnt ever even seen videos of a third world country

LOL

NO PERSPECTIVE WHATSOEVER  

curious, since you're comparing DC hoods to 3rd world countries, which 3rd world countries have you visited for extended periods of time to have such a perspective on the contrast between the two?

eyes.gif

come on son i was using a hyperbole to make the point that it ain't all sweet here

oh, okay, its hyperbole now....which is a comedic device....alright...
eyes.gif

you get exposed and claim hyperbole LOL

an american life isnt more valuable than a japanese life, which isnt more valuable than an indonesian life, and so on and so forth...we are all humans...

these national affiliations are man made constructs to divide wealth and power....

i know what you're saying cause i raised the same questions.....when i was like 13....then i got world perspective....

not saying DC hoods are peachy, nor that the african american children growing up there even get a fair shot at life, nor that there isnt a REAL problem that needs to be addressed....

you can't compare anywhere here to a 3rd world country anywhere....its not even in the same mesosphere.....
Talk about hypocritical... You're calling buddy sheltered and without perspective... Your post, from the thread about Kentucky welfare reform..
eNPHAN wrote:
And she doesn't live in a third world country. Immigrants from Guatamala, Soviet Bloc nations, Sudan, Iraq, those are 3rd world countries where there is no clean water, no waste treatment facialties, no access to healthcare or even a damn education.

besides the obvious population of americans too poor to afford ANY of these things....

there are sections of the US in which tap water is flammable as it comes out the faucet...

there are millions upon millions upon millions of americans who do not have access to healthcare whatsoever

and there is a post where a mother recieved double felonies and actual jailtime for trying to get access to an equal education for her daughters.....

so, again, 

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING THE LIFE OF THOSE IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES RIGHT HERE IN THE UNITED STATES

like i said, step outside once in a while

Funny how you can say completely opposing things to suit your arguments.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Alot of people are jumping on OP like a pack of savages instead of understanding where he's coming from :smh

you guys are so ready to make a snide pseudo-intellectual comment that you never step back and examine the situation from another viewpoint.

But while I can see what OP is saying and it has some validity to it, you have to remember the gov't could've done something about cities like D.C., Detroit and other such areas a long time ago so to say that you dislike the fact that their sending help to a foreign country over it's own is really misdirecting the blame. It's not that their helping someone else rather than it's own people, it's more so why haven't they helped u.s. cities that needed it a long time ago.

Of course you have also add that in the U.S. it should be more about the people finding ways to do for themselves what they need to do instead of depending on the gov't but in bad areas their's so much people need to deal with that a bit of assistance on the right path would be beneficial.

props to you sir or madam for eloquently expressing my thoughts.....i'm not saying don't help it just baffles me that areas around me are largely ignored but  people trip over themselves to feign sympathy or donate funds to a cause a world away when their neighbors down the street are suffering and i largely suspect that all of this corner for our allies isn't even genuine or sincere. btw it's funny the conclusions people can draw....selfiish and heartless would be the last adjs. used to describe me
Tell me what city  you live in and I will post the MONIES the govt has allocated to your neighborhood.  Seriously.  
Here do your own research.  

http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/Pages/WhereistheMoneyGoing.aspx

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Alot of people are jumping on OP like a pack of savages instead of understanding where he's coming from :smh

you guys are so ready to make a snide pseudo-intellectual comment that you never step back and examine the situation from another viewpoint.

But while I can see what OP is saying and it has some validity to it, you have to remember the gov't could've done something about cities like D.C., Detroit and other such areas a long time ago so to say that you dislike the fact that their sending help to a foreign country over it's own is really misdirecting the blame. It's not that their helping someone else rather than it's own people, it's more so why haven't they helped u.s. cities that needed it a long time ago.

Of course you have also add that in the U.S. it should be more about the people finding ways to do for themselves what they need to do instead of depending on the gov't but in bad areas their's so much people need to deal with that a bit of assistance on the right path would be beneficial.

props to you sir or madam for eloquently expressing my thoughts.....i'm not saying don't help it just baffles me that areas around me are largely ignored but  people trip over themselves to feign sympathy or donate funds to a cause a world away when their neighbors down the street are suffering and i largely suspect that all of this corner for our allies isn't even genuine or sincere. btw it's funny the conclusions people can draw....selfiish and heartless would be the last adjs. used to describe me
Tell me what city  you live in and I will post the MONIES the govt has allocated to your neighborhood.  Seriously.  
Here do your own research.  

http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/Pages/WhereistheMoneyGoing.aspx

^^^That's the trend on NT. People act like each thread is a different reality. Cats alway contradicting themselves on here. Just goes to show how much people putting on a yes man act up in here. But thats just people in general nowadays. Just saying whatever sounds the best rather than just stating your opinion. I know the way dudes roast on here probably scares majority of people out of their opinions and makes them wanna side with popular opinion at the moment but at the end of the day your opinion is your's.
this shhh is rampant on this forum tho.

^^^That's the trend on NT. People act like each thread is a different reality. Cats alway contradicting themselves on here. Just goes to show how much people putting on a yes man act up in here. But thats just people in general nowadays. Just saying whatever sounds the best rather than just stating your opinion. I know the way dudes roast on here probably scares majority of people out of their opinions and makes them wanna side with popular opinion at the moment but at the end of the day your opinion is your's.
this shhh is rampant on this forum tho.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

dont slums in the third world countries exist b/c of american/european hegemony to begin with?

So isn't it kind of hypocritical to send them aid? Isnt that kind of perpetuating humanitarian imperialism?

heres a relevant book...

Humanitarian Imperialism: Using Human Rights to Sell War

OP got a point imo
he has no point at all. and neither do you
im not against sending aid to japan. Just looking at the bigger picture .... The question is if we have the resources to help and fix something...then why dont we do it at home?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

dont slums in the third world countries exist b/c of american/european hegemony to begin with?

So isn't it kind of hypocritical to send them aid? Isnt that kind of perpetuating humanitarian imperialism?

heres a relevant book...

Humanitarian Imperialism: Using Human Rights to Sell War

OP got a point imo
he has no point at all. and neither do you
im not against sending aid to japan. Just looking at the bigger picture .... The question is if we have the resources to help and fix something...then why dont we do it at home?

living a life comparable to the life of someone in a 3rd world country and comparing DC to third world countries are two totally different things.

some people live in kentucky without running water or any sort of social programs....which is what i was referencing when i said that.

living comparable lives is much different from "dc is just like a 3rd world country"

but i doubt you're going to even understand what im saying. that's cool, too. you surely zinged me...

eyes.gif

see?

And she doesn't live in a third world country. Immigrants from Guatamala, Soviet Bloc nations, Sudan, Iraq, those are 3rd world countries where there is no clean water, no waste treatment facialties, no access to healthcare or even a damn education. besides the obvious population of americans too poor to afford ANY of these things....

you dont see me saying tap water is flammable? not having drinkable tap water is comparable to the life of someone in a 3rd world country

im not saying that KENTUCKY is a 3rd world country...nor am i saying anywhere in kentucky is as bad as a 3rd world country....because those people living in poverty and have comparable lives to people in third world countries, still live in the USA, where we have social programs to help those in need, whereas, in say, africa, those people would rot in the streets.

notice how i said SECTIONS of this country.....SECTIONS...and there still arent "just as bad as 3rd world countries"

i love how youre taking my arguments out of context to contradict me because i intellectually-flexed on you in that thread MONTHS ago...

as for the guy who says he lives NEXT to a favela, that was my point....you know what they LOOK like...

just like the kid in the suburbs knows what the hood LOOKS like

living a life comparable to the life of someone in a 3rd world country and comparing DC to third world countries are two totally different things.

some people live in kentucky without running water or any sort of social programs....which is what i was referencing when i said that.

living comparable lives is much different from "dc is just like a 3rd world country"

but i doubt you're going to even understand what im saying. that's cool, too. you surely zinged me...

eyes.gif

see?

And she doesn't live in a third world country. Immigrants from Guatamala, Soviet Bloc nations, Sudan, Iraq, those are 3rd world countries where there is no clean water, no waste treatment facialties, no access to healthcare or even a damn education. besides the obvious population of americans too poor to afford ANY of these things....

you dont see me saying tap water is flammable? not having drinkable tap water is comparable to the life of someone in a 3rd world country

im not saying that KENTUCKY is a 3rd world country...nor am i saying anywhere in kentucky is as bad as a 3rd world country....because those people living in poverty and have comparable lives to people in third world countries, still live in the USA, where we have social programs to help those in need, whereas, in say, africa, those people would rot in the streets.

notice how i said SECTIONS of this country.....SECTIONS...and there still arent "just as bad as 3rd world countries"

i love how youre taking my arguments out of context to contradict me because i intellectually-flexed on you in that thread MONTHS ago...

as for the guy who says he lives NEXT to a favela, that was my point....you know what they LOOK like...

just like the kid in the suburbs knows what the hood LOOKS like

People in the united states are way to selfish, I've given the last dollar in my pocket to a person that needed it more then Me.

People in the united states are way to selfish, I've given the last dollar in my pocket to a person that needed it more then Me.

you are a parent, your kids are hungry but your neighbor's kids are starving. common sense and natural selection says you feed your kids first before offering your neighbor's kid any food

* waits for dissenters

you are a parent, your kids are hungry but your neighbor's kids are starving. common sense and natural selection says you feed your kids first before offering your neighbor's kid any food

* waits for dissenters

laugh.gif

thing is tho, DC isn't "starving" like lybia is "starving" right now...

cute, tho.

(also the selfish american attitude we're so notorious for)

laugh.gif

cute, tho.

laugh.gif

cute, tho.

that's why i used the term hungry to distinguish the degree of how much said kids need the available food......and respect yourself i'm handsome
but yeah i think that that's universal you can't just attribute that to america

laugh.gif

cute, tho.

that's why i used the term hungry to distinguish the degree of how much said kids need the available food......and respect yourself i'm handsome
but yeah i think that that's universal you can't just attribute that to america

so you'd rather let one child literally die of starvation than to let your kids go hungry?

i mean, this isnt even a metaphor for anything, im asking you plain flat out, you'd continue to feed your already fed but hungry children while letting another child die because he's not your child?

before you answer, white people have historically let black people starve while continuing to feed their own children....im sure you take issue with this, being that you're advocating for the hood in DC....

i mean, by your logic, you can't hate the white man for feeding his children and letting black children, not his own children, literally starve in the process, right?

its common sense and survival of the fittest

OR was that just hyperbole, too?
eyes.gif

so you'd rather let one child literally die of starvation than to let your kids go hungry?

i mean, this isnt even a metaphor for anything, im asking you plain flat out, you'd continue to feed your already fed but hungry children while letting another child die because he's not your child?

before you answer, white people have historically let black people starve while continuing to feed their own children....im sure you take issue with this, being that you're advocating for the hood in DC....

i mean, by your logic, you can't hate the white man for feeding his children and letting black children, not his own children, literally starve in the process, right?

its common sense and survival of the fittest

OR was that just hyperbole, too?
eyes.gif

i never said that but i know i can't save everyone millions of kids are starving around the world today so in effect aren't we as americans' letting that scenario play out daily?

Back
Top Bottom