Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

I dunno why people are all up in arms against this thread. Op can have his own opinion. Without looking of the numbers of course I would think that our population has more power to donate to this effort than our government could at this moment. Our government really cant waste this money but there are people in our society that could. I think us as a collective population should do what we can but our government just cant afford a full blown assistance program to japan at this moment. It sucks that thats way it is but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by air max 87

DC being run down is your own fault, not a natural disaster ...

Quite possibly the most brainless post ever.
no, that belongs to you and this thread.

your community is run down because YOUR PEERS dont take care of it.

crack houses, dudes slinging, murder, crime, etc.... is a direct result of the people in the area, NOT the gov's fault.

you know how much public assistance is given out yearly? its not the governments fault that people dont know how to act or what to do it.

people getting robbed is the governments fault?

people slanging crack is the governments fault?

parks getting tagged up with graffiti is the governments fault?

people not going to school and being educated is the governments fault?

NO its your fault.

people are sitting in a country right now with no food, water, power and hope, why cant we help? we dont have people on our street like that so theres no neglect..

crack houses, dudes slinging, murder, crime, etc.... is a direct result of the people in the area, NOT the gov's fault.

you know how much public assistance is given out yearly? its not the governments fault that people dont know how to act or what to do it.

NO its your fault.

people are sitting in a country right now with no food, water, power and hope, why cant we help? we dont have people on our street like that so theres no neglect..

NO its your fault.

I agree.  A lot of people think its ok/cool to be 'hood' or act like a bunch 'thugs'
30t6p3b.gif
but they're so quick to blame others for their shortcomings.  Not everyone can be a Kobe, Lebron, Biggie, Eminem, a Mark Zuckerberg or *insert some dudes name who was a nobody and became rich here* - 

Greed is the main reason why most of the hoods are #$^%ed up. 
indifferent.gif

NO its your fault.

I agree.  A lot of people think its ok/cool to be 'hood' or act like a bunch 'thugs'
30t6p3b.gif
but they're so quick to blame others for their shortcomings.  Not everyone can be a Kobe, Lebron, Biggie, Eminem, a Mark Zuckerberg or *insert some dudes name who was a nobody and became rich here* - 

Greed is the main reason why most of the hoods are #$^%ed up. 
indifferent.gif

NO its your fault.

damn...at first I was like
grin.gif
to you original point, but this is real talk.
ohwell.gif
You can only blame institutionalized racism and the government for so much. Eventually, your community is going to have to start taking some responsibility.

NO its your fault.

grin.gif
ohwell.gif
You can only blame institutionalized racism and the government for so much. Eventually, your community is going to have to start taking some responsibility.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

NO its your fault.

grin.gif
ohwell.gif

DC is nothing like that tho... This ain't the 80s cuz....We been off crack, it is and has always been about "dippers"
laugh.gif

SMDH @ my ignorance for two second, but foreal...we aren't even in the top 10 in crime in the US. DC has cleaned up and shipped those knuckleheads to PG county.

NO its your fault.

grin.gif
ohwell.gif

DC is nothing like that tho... This ain't the 80s cuz....We been off crack, it is and has always been about "dippers"
laugh.gif

SMDH @ my ignorance for two second, but foreal...we aren't even in the top 10 in crime in the US. DC has cleaned up and shipped those knuckleheads to PG county.

How are dudes in here STILL typing "we can't afford it" "it will increase our deficit"

Do the actual facts mean nothing ?
laugh.gif

No matter how "rich" Japan is, they can still use food, medicine, supplies, or aid in rescue/recovery. These things can be hard to mobilize and distribute after a disaster even in a "rich" country. It isn't about sending airplanes full of cash, and obviously I'm not supporting doing so for corrupt dictators ....
laugh.gif

If you actually understand the numbers and still think the .05% of the budget we use for humanitarian aid is not worth spending to feed/save lives.... well I guess that's just the type of person you are/what morals you have.

Just don't go around perpetuating the myth of how it's so expensive to provide humanitarian aid or how much it's hurting our own economy/deficit... are you unable to read a pie chart and do simple mathematics ? There is a lot wrong with our federal budget, but the meager amount of money spent on humanitarian aid is literally the last of our worries (ironically it is what the Republicans are trying hard to cut for 2011
laugh.gif
). Talk about watching the tree and missing the forest. 

Damn Sudanese and their starving families... we broke out here ! help America first !

The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and anti terrorist efforts abroad could cost the country $2.4 trillion over the next ten years, according to a report Wednesday.

The money, over 70 percent of which would go to support operations in Iraq, includes the estimated $600 billion spent since 2001, Congressional Budget Office Director Peter Orszag said in testimony before the House Budget Committee. That estimate includes projected interest, since the government is borrowing most of the funds required.

The $2.4 trillion would pay to keep 75,000 troops deployed overseas from 2013 to 2017. About 210,000 troops are currently deployed. It does not include the Pentagon's normal spending, which in 2007 is estimated to be about $450 billion.

The estimated $2.4 trillion works out to about $21,500 per American household.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/24/news/economy/cbo_testimony/index.htm

Keep in mind most of this is funded through loans....

From the same article:
But in relation to the nation's overall economy, it's been noted that the war is relatively cheap.

Apparently spending trillions on failed wars is still considered "relatively cheap".... but dudes here crying about the chump change spent on humanitarian aid.
alien.gif

How are dudes in here STILL typing "we can't afford it" "it will increase our deficit"

Do the actual facts mean nothing ?
laugh.gif

No matter how "rich" Japan is, they can still use food, medicine, supplies, or aid in rescue/recovery. These things can be hard to mobilize and distribute after a disaster even in a "rich" country. It isn't about sending airplanes full of cash, and obviously I'm not supporting doing so for corrupt dictators ....
laugh.gif

If you actually understand the numbers and still think the .05% of the budget we use for humanitarian aid is not worth spending to feed/save lives.... well I guess that's just the type of person you are/what morals you have.

Just don't go around perpetuating the myth of how it's so expensive to provide humanitarian aid or how much it's hurting our own economy/deficit... are you unable to read a pie chart and do simple mathematics ? There is a lot wrong with our federal budget, but the meager amount of money spent on humanitarian aid is literally the last of our worries (ironically it is what the Republicans are trying hard to cut for 2011
laugh.gif
). Talk about watching the tree and missing the forest. 

Damn Sudanese and their starving families... we broke out here ! help America first !

The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and anti terrorist efforts abroad could cost the country $2.4 trillion over the next ten years, according to a report Wednesday.

The money, over 70 percent of which would go to support operations in Iraq, includes the estimated $600 billion spent since 2001, Congressional Budget Office Director Peter Orszag said in testimony before the House Budget Committee. That estimate includes projected interest, since the government is borrowing most of the funds required.

The $2.4 trillion would pay to keep 75,000 troops deployed overseas from 2013 to 2017. About 210,000 troops are currently deployed. It does not include the Pentagon's normal spending, which in 2007 is estimated to be about $450 billion.

The estimated $2.4 trillion works out to about $21,500 per American household.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/24/news/economy/cbo_testimony/index.htm

Keep in mind most of this is funded through loans....

From the same article:
But in relation to the nation's overall economy, it's been noted that the war is relatively cheap.

Apparently spending trillions on failed wars is still considered "relatively cheap".... but dudes here crying about the chump change spent on humanitarian aid.
alien.gif

Congratulations on creating the most asinine thread in my time here at Niketalk, OP.

You're all contributing to the nincompoopery.

All of you.

This thread is basically mimicking the events that transpired post-Katrina - a slew of people arguing about who's fault is what, who's sending aid, who isn't and how much we should send. While you guys argue on the internet, people are actually dying. If you feel we don't distribute enough aid, paypal $5 to Red Cross and stop regurgitating facts you just googled in an attempt to sound intelligent.

If you have a problem sending aid to other countries, consider the countless countries who offered us aid during Katrina. You'd be a lot less frugal with our country's budget if your family was floating, face-down somewhere in the Pacific.

Log off and actually make a difference.

Congratulations on creating the most asinine thread in my time here at Niketalk, OP.

You're all contributing to the nincompoopery.

All of you.

This thread is basically mimicking the events that transpired post-Katrina - a slew of people arguing about who's fault is what, who's sending aid, who isn't and how much we should send. While you guys argue on the internet, people are actually dying. If you feel we don't distribute enough aid, paypal $5 to Red Cross and stop regurgitating facts you just googled in an attempt to sound intelligent.

If you have a problem sending aid to other countries, consider the countless countries who offered us aid during Katrina. You'd be a lot less frugal with our country's budget if your family was floating, face-down somewhere in the Pacific.

Log off and actually make a difference.

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by roback1991

Originally Posted by moneymike88

You know what year this is now?
You know that those statistic can't come out until the year is over?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Edit: Moneymike does this all the time though. Dame Theory murked dude in an argument in one of the religion threads and dude kept quoting dame theory's posts with "I didn't read that" "didn't read this either"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude knew he lost in this thread and the other threads he always starts arguments in.
But of course my post is irrelevant since I have less than 300 posts.
I stopped right there. If you know how most athiests operate then you would know that they talk in an "im right and you're wrong even though neither of us can prove anything" fashion so thats why i stopped bothering to read his @*!!. Where did he "murk" me?

You know what year this is now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Edit: Moneymike does this all the time though. Dame Theory murked dude in an argument in one of the religion threads and dude kept quoting dame theory's posts with "I didn't read that" "didn't read this either"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude knew he lost in this thread and the other threads he always starts arguments in.
I stopped right there. If you know how most athiests operate then you would know that they talk in an "im right and you're wrong even though neither of us can prove anything" fashion so thats why i stopped bothering to read his @*!!. Where did he "murk" me?

Originally Posted by So Slickening

LMAO @ moneymike's ignorance and his feeble attempts to cover up his L. Just take it, all you're doing is the "I don't care what you think, you don't know me" thing at this point with the "your opinion is irrelevant" BS. What makes your opinion any more relevant than theirs? If anything, your opinion is the one that's dumb as +$*!.

You're wrong. tkthafm's backed up opinion > your ignorant ++* hollow statements.

You're an eagles fan, your opinion is irrelevant.
I-aint-even-mad.jpg

laugh.gif
Shut up

Originally Posted by So Slickening

LMAO @ moneymike's ignorance and his feeble attempts to cover up his L. Just take it, all you're doing is the "I don't care what you think, you don't know me" thing at this point with the "your opinion is irrelevant" BS. What makes your opinion any more relevant than theirs? If anything, your opinion is the one that's dumb as +$*!.

You're wrong. tkthafm's backed up opinion > your ignorant ++* hollow statements.

You're an eagles fan, your opinion is irrelevant.
I-aint-even-mad.jpg

laugh.gif
Shut up

There's nothing wrong with discussing this. This is what a forum is for, and those are our tax dollars. Whatever amount you personally donate is nothing compared to the entire foreign aid budget. This is the 2nd or 3rd time the "attempt to sound intelligent" line was thrown out in this thread.
laugh.gif
Guess we should all stick to posting nothing longer than "RIP" or else we must be trying to "act smart" over the internet... get real.

No need to come in on a high horse and assume what we're doing or not doing with our own personal money/free time. There's no need to disclose that. Not a damn thing wrong with discussing inconsistencies and government failures... because guess what, they cost lives... a lot of lives. We learned this from Katrina as well. That's why it's very important these discussions are had and info gets spread around (even on an internet forum). That's how policy can get changed.

There's nothing wrong with discussing this. This is what a forum is for, and those are our tax dollars. Whatever amount you personally donate is nothing compared to the entire foreign aid budget. This is the 2nd or 3rd time the "attempt to sound intelligent" line was thrown out in this thread.
laugh.gif
Guess we should all stick to posting nothing longer than "RIP" or else we must be trying to "act smart" over the internet... get real.

No need to come in on a high horse and assume what we're doing or not doing with our own personal money/free time. There's no need to disclose that. Not a damn thing wrong with discussing inconsistencies and government failures... because guess what, they cost lives... a lot of lives. We learned this from Katrina as well. That's why it's very important these discussions are had and info gets spread around (even on an internet forum). That's how policy can get changed.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No you didn't you must have read the whole thing in order to choose which part of my post you wanted to cross out. I'm an atheist and I try to be as open minded as I can when discussing my personal thoughts with religious people. Most atheists? You mean the ones on NT? Which make up what? .0000000000000001 of the atheist population? You stopped reading his posts but you kept replying to him for what reason? He murked you when he responded to everything you had to say. After he did that then you started posting "you've just been trolled" to save face. Just like you're trying to do now.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No you didn't you must have read the whole thing in order to choose which part of my post you wanted to cross out. I'm an atheist and I try to be as open minded as I can when discussing my personal thoughts with religious people. Most atheists? You mean the ones on NT? Which make up what? .0000000000000001 of the atheist population? You stopped reading his posts but you kept replying to him for what reason? He murked you when he responded to everything you had to say. After he did that then you started posting "you've just been trolled" to save face. Just like you're trying to do now.

Back
Top Bottom