Am I in the wrong here?

TraSoul82 wrote:
What in the hell is this V-C---R(?) contraption that was spoken of?

Setting plans for someone else's day (obligating) is annoying. Surprising them at an event/place they were already planning to be at anyway is better. But some people just don't like surprises, period. I can also understand not wanting to wait to watch it later. If it's that important to you, stay and watch it or compromise by going to eat at a place that's showing the game.

How the hell you gonna plan an outing for someone else and don't tell them until the day of (without even dropping hints)? I'd brush her off just to set a precedent.
my VCR comment was a last resort for dude
laugh.gif

and as for setting plans for someone elses birthday, it happens all the time in relationships brotha.  hell i wish i got suprises like that once in a while.  I hate planning

TraSoul82 wrote:
What in the hell is this V-C---R(?) contraption that was spoken of?

Setting plans for someone else's day (obligating) is annoying. Surprising them at an event/place they were already planning to be at anyway is better. But some people just don't like surprises, period. I can also understand not wanting to wait to watch it later. If it's that important to you, stay and watch it or compromise by going to eat at a place that's showing the game.

How the hell you gonna plan an outing for someone else and don't tell them until the day of (without even dropping hints)? I'd brush her off just to set a precedent.
my VCR comment was a last resort for dude
laugh.gif

and as for setting plans for someone elses birthday, it happens all the time in relationships brotha.  hell i wish i got suprises like that once in a while.  I hate planning

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

I could have swron they had invented a channel that shows the highlights of sports games.

Highlights =/= watching the whole game.

laugh.gif
at post pics of my girl.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

I could have swron they had invented a channel that shows the highlights of sports games.

Highlights =/= watching the whole game.

laugh.gif
at post pics of my girl.

Originally Posted by hieu23

What's more important: The game or your relationship?

If she'd end the relationship because she's mad at him for doing what he wants to do, on his birthday, then that's probably better for him in the long run anyway. 

If she'd end the relationship because she's mad at him for doing what he wants to do, on his birthday, then that's probably better for him in the long run anyway. 

i would argue that him conceding would do more harm to their relationship than good as it would set a precedent saying "i'll do whatever you want to do, even on my birthday, as long as you whine about it" ... what kind of girl complains about you not doing something on your own birthday?

i would argue that him conceding would do more harm to their relationship than good as it would set a precedent saying "i'll do whatever you want to do, even on my birthday, as long as you whine about it" ... what kind of girl complains about you not doing something on your own birthday?

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

what restaurant is it? because i think that little fact can dead this argument QUICK ...

Iono what restaurant it is. She wouldn't tell me. I'm pretty sure it's one of those fancy-#@# restaurants that don't got TVs.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Maybe you should have told her in advance that way she could have cooked for you instead so that way yall could have been together and watched the game...or taken you to like espn zone or something. id be pissed too since she already made the reservations. You are in the wrong because QT with someone you care for should be a little higher on the totem pole as oppose to a game you can record and still watch.

even if you did have to break out the vcr...

jussayin
This.

OP, I could understand where you're coming from. But in the same context, at least you have a girlfriend who's willing to do !*#! for your birthday. With that said, perhaps next time advance warning would be better consideirng you're girlfriend just wanted to make you feel special for your birthday. Besides, couldn't you watch a replay of the game if you really wanted to? Or, have one of your homies record it for you?

what restaurant is it? because i think that little fact can dead this argument QUICK ...

Iono what restaurant it is. She wouldn't tell me. I'm pretty sure it's one of those fancy-#@# restaurants that don't got TVs.

Exactly. I swear these NT'ers don't think.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Maybe you should have told her in advance that way she could have cooked for you instead so that way yall could have been together and watched the game...or taken you to like espn zone or something. id be pissed too since she already made the reservations. You are in the wrong because QT with someone you care for should be a little higher on the totem pole as oppose to a game you can record and still watch.

even if you did have to break out the vcr...

jussayin
This.

OP, I could understand where you're coming from. But in the same context, at least you have a girlfriend who's willing to do !*#! for your birthday. With that said, perhaps next time advance warning would be better consideirng you're girlfriend just wanted to make you feel special for your birthday. Besides, couldn't you watch a replay of the game if you really wanted to? Or, have one of your homies record it for you?

Exactly. I swear these NT'ers don't think.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

probably wouldnt end it but it can give her a hit on where he stands in the reationship

how about turn it around?  the dude planned a night out with his girl but she wanted to do something else.  how would you handle your girl saying no to the plans u made specially for her?

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

probably wouldnt end it but it can give her a hit on where he stands in the reationship

how about turn it around?  the dude planned a night out with his girl but she wanted to do something else.  how would you handle your girl saying no to the plans u made specially for her?

Back
Top Bottom