Am I in the wrong here?

Any other day and I'd say you're wrong, but you should be able to do what you want to on your birthday so no, you are not wrong

its not an anniversary or her birthday. It's HIS day out of the year.
The thought of his girl putting the time and effort into setting it up should be appreciated, but you can't fault the guy for wanting to do something else instead (watching the game)

soooo...instead of her getting mad/pissed about her planning going to waste shouldn't even be something so major. She should just 'man up' and give what the guy wants on his birthday.
He's not even asking for a present or anything. He just wants his ME time...or even have his girl sit down with him to watch the game.

its not an anniversary or her birthday. It's HIS day out of the year.
The thought of his girl putting the time and effort into setting it up should be appreciated, but you can't fault the guy for wanting to do something else instead (watching the game)

soooo...instead of her getting mad/pissed about her planning going to waste shouldn't even be something so major. She should just 'man up' and give what the guy wants on his birthday.
He's not even asking for a present or anything. He just wants his ME time...or even have his girl sit down with him to watch the game.

A game that if you don't watch, not a damn person will care vs s
going out with someone that obviously cares about you. I don't even see how this is thread worthy or why anyone would defend your childish actions.

In her defense, you gave her the sorriest excuse. DVR it. Get a twitter and get updates.
30t6p3b.gif

I would understand if you didn't want to go to dinner with her because you already had other plans on doing something but you're missing a GAME. ONE basketball game that you could RECORD or watch TOMORROW.

G'luck bouncing back from this mistake with her.

EDIT: It isn't a matter of simpin or not, just a little consideration would have sufficed. Maybe you should have hyped the game before hand so that she wouldn't have tried to "surprise" you.

Any other day and I'd say you're wrong, but you should be able to do what you want to on your birthday so no, you are not wrong

In her defense, you gave her the sorriest excuse. DVR it. Get a twitter and get updates.
30t6p3b.gif

I would understand if you didn't want to go to dinner with her because you already had other plans on doing something but you're missing a GAME. ONE basketball game that you could RECORD or watch TOMORROW.

EDIT: It isn't a matter of simpin or not, just a little consideration would have sufficed. Maybe you should have hyped the game before hand so that she wouldn't have tried to "surprise" you.

A game that if you don't watch, not a damn person will care vs s
going out with someone that obviously cares about you. I don't even see how this is thread worthy or why anyone would defend your childish actions.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Now, I'm one of those people who are like, "Unless I ask for it, don't get me anything. If you do, I probably won't appreciate it."
btw.  that's a pretty crappy attitude to have.

anyway..prob the reason why she's pissed is b/c you're essentially choosing to watch a basketball game over spending time with your girl, on an evening that she planned.
Isn't that the problem, though? It's HIS birthday, yet she planned the evening without his knowledge. 
How it should have worked -

Her: Got any plans for your b-day?

Him: No, not really

Her: Then I want to take you out to dinner

Him: To where?
Her: It's a surprise. 
wink.gif

OR

Him: I kinda want to watch the game.

Her: Aww... I wanted to take you out to dinner

Him: Well make sure we can watch the game because I really want to see it or we can go out Wednesday or Friday to celebrate. Cool? Damn right it is... Nothing honey.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Now, I'm one of those people who are like, "Unless I ask for it, don't get me anything. If you do, I probably won't appreciate it."
btw.  that's a pretty crappy attitude to have.

anyway..prob the reason why she's pissed is b/c you're essentially choosing to watch a basketball game over spending time with your girl, on an evening that she planned.
Isn't that the problem, though? It's HIS birthday, yet she planned the evening without his knowledge. 
How it should have worked -

Him: No, not really

Her: Then I want to take you out to dinner

Him: To where?
Her: It's a surprise. 
wink.gif

OR

Him: I kinda want to watch the game.

Her: Aww... I wanted to take you out to dinner

Him: Well make sure we can watch the game because I really want to see it or we can go out Wednesday or Friday to celebrate. Cool? Damn right it is... Nothing honey.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by hieu23

What's more important: The game or your relationship?
i would argue that him conceding would do more harm to their relationship than good as it would set a precedent saying "i'll do whatever you want to do, even on my birthday, as long as you whine about it" ... what kind of girl complains about you not doing something on your own birthday?

Exactly. I swear these NT'ers don't think.

thats some high school stuff right there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by hieu23

What's more important: The game or your relationship?
i would argue that him conceding would do more harm to their relationship than good as it would set a precedent saying "i'll do whatever you want to do, even on my birthday, as long as you whine about it" ... what kind of girl complains about you not doing something on your own birthday?

Exactly. I swear these NT'ers don't think.

thats some high school stuff right there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solemunchies

30t6p3b.gif

I swear dudes don't read...
30t6p3b.gif

How many times do I gotta say I don't got a damn DVR...???
30t6p3b.gif
Getting Twitter updates =/= actually watching it.

Originally Posted by solemunchies

30t6p3b.gif

I swear dudes don't read...
30t6p3b.gif

How many times do I gotta say I don't got a damn DVR...???
30t6p3b.gif
Getting Twitter updates =/= actually watching it.

After reading some of these replies, :smh: @ some of the priorities this board has.

On an unrelated note, back in HS, I passed up on a date wit a very "blessed" butta pecan Rican to cop some Concord's.

After reading some of these replies, :smh: @ some of the priorities this board has.

On an unrelated note, back in HS, I passed up on a date wit a very "blessed" butta pecan Rican to cop some Concord's.

Shorty made these plans for her. I bet she went all out and bought a new dress, new shoes with all her friends, told her friends about the fancy restaurant she made reservations for.

Probably NEVER even thought or second guessed that YOU would have something YOU would want to do on YOUR B-Day.

Shorty made these plans for her. I bet she went all out and bought a new dress, new shoes with all her friends, told her friends about the fancy restaurant she made reservations for.

Probably NEVER even thought or second guessed that YOU would have something YOU would want to do on YOUR B-Day.

Back
Top Bottom