Allen Iverson to Memphis

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

As big of a Juice fan as I am, I think Westbrook has a higher ceiling. Juice is way more polished offensively, but Westbrook is a stat stuff. He has a chance in a few years to be a 18-20 PPG, 5-6 RPG, 5-8 APG caliber player that can also lock up the opposing PG.

I don't see him scoring that much. He is a staff stuffer, but I would think OJ is more of a difference maker and able to take control of games. OJ has theability to average 25, 5 and 5. He won't do that with AI on the team, but in year 3 or 4, he will probably be playing at the level. OJ can also be a gooddefender in the league, but not great if he stays at SG due to his size. He's already an average defender, but I see him getting better.

CONLEY/IVERSON/WILLIAMS
MAYO/IVERSON/YOUNG
GAY/CARROLL
Z-BO/ARTHUR
GASOL/THABEET/HADDADI

LAST SEASON ROSTER:

CONLEY/JARIC
MAYO/BUCKNER
GAY/ROSS/MILES
ARTHUR/WARRICK
GASOL/DARKO/HADDADI

-29th in the league in scoring
-last in attendance
-30th in the league in rebounding

I do know that those areas will improve next season.

#3 in Memphis Blue
86729214.jpg

My Photoshop even made it to SLAM's website! Of course without recognition/credit given
45801393.jpg

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Why would AI hurt OJ when OJ wants AI here.
because he probably idolized AI when he was growing up. He also may defer to AI because all the things he's seen him do in his career.

just like the AI and MELO thing

my thoughts exactly

especially this year with so many stacked teams. Honestly i would put him on the cavs. I know it seems comical, but lebron needs serious help this year.

A good AI>anyone on the cavs

I gotta disagree.

I feel like AIs game revolves around him having the ball. I can't see him being an above average role player.

-His defensive days are behind him, and because of his size he is a liability
-He catch and shoot jumper is probably not better than your average NBA player
-He has a weak 3 ball

He's talented, but like I said. He needs the ball to be effective. Teams just aren't willing to make that compromise.

Originally Posted by 1and12
They took one of my photoshops last year too
laugh.gif
...just email them and they'll happily give you the credit.
Does credit involve a SLAM subscription?
laugh.gif

Meh it's not a big deal

There was another photoshop I had posted, but I don't have it anymore because I don't use the same computer at school. It looked real, I don'tknow if anybody saved it though.

As big of a Juice fan as I am, I think Westbrook has a higher ceiling. Juice is way more polished offensively, but Westbrook is a stat stuff. He has a chance in a few years to be a 18-20 PPG, 5-6 RPG, 5-8 APG caliber player that can also lock up the opposing PG.
Really eh?

I mean as an overall player, I may be compelled to agree with you, but I think OJ will be so polished offensively that it won't bring down the rest of hisgame.

Westbrook will be that dude, for many years to come, but I think his game may be in the shadow of Harden and Durant since they'll likely be the primaryscorers for that team for the next four-five years.

How did Westbrook do against PG's like Deron Williams and Derrick Rose? I truly don't know, but I think that may dictate how far he can go. Will he bea superstar PG like those two or will he be a second-tier PG, I'm not convinced yet.

I still think OJ will be a star, just give him time.
nerd.gif

It may not make much sense, but I think Westbrook has the potential to be a great PG, while OJ has the potential to be a great overall player.

You remember John Stockton as a great PG, but you remember Magic as a great player, if that makes sense.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Both will be goddamn good players for a long time, as they're 21 and 20 respectively, and already climbing towards the top of their position.
smh.gif

The next wave of Paul/Williams IMO.

I actually think Westbrook will eventually become the #2 option on the Thunder. If it works out, he'll be what Steve Francis should have been.

lmao rudy gay and mayo were enough scorers, now u got a ball hog (randolf) and a cancer (AI). ai needs to be the man, cause he doesnt accept anything else.this could be a disaster.

I actually think Westbrook will eventually become the #2 option on the Thunder. If it works out, he'll be what Steve Francis should have been.
You know that's a name that was popping into my head when I was thinking of Westbrook, he's not your conventional PG, but yeah Franchiseis a player that reminds me a lot of him. But he really needs to improve his jumper, I know he was just a rookie last year but sub-40% is atrocious. That'sthe one thing that worried me this year with Westbrook. He scored decently yes, but his FG% wasn't good at all, 40/27 is not very good, and he tends toturn the ball over a bit too much for my taste. It seemed like he had tons of games where he'd turn it over 5, 6, 7 times. It's just something to watchout for, and it's not like he's the main attraction, that's Durant. If you look at most guys around the list of high turnover players, they eitherscore around 25-30 ppg, or they average close to 9-10 assists.

Again, he's young, he needs some polishing, but it looks like he has the toolbox to be successful. Even Francis was a better shooter/scorer early in hiscareer. That was one thing about Steve Francis though, them boys sure love turning the ball over.

Thabeet @ 4,
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ai has been my favorite player for years and im always rooting for him but I really dont understand this.

^ Agreed trak1sh

This entire situation hurts my heart.

From the fact that no contending team seemed to want him to the fact that he seemed to have NO other solid options and HAD to sign with Memphis just tocontinue his career....

I don't see the Russy/Stevie comparisons at all.
laugh.gif

You acting like OJ wasn't damn near averaging that last year.

You think OJ is maxed out already?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and thats all i was saying
Exactly, AI is anti winning, so why try and cover it up with a fake title?

Let his true legacy shine through.
laugh.gif
come on CP i have no problem bashing AI over the years just like you but if AI would have done the Steph thing you would call him out for doing the Gary Payton ring cashing
No, see, the fact that he doesn't try to chase a ring just proves my point that I have been making for years. He doesn't care aboutwinning. He could care less about a title. He just wants to shoot. Thas it. He just wants to score, and and jack up jumpers, thas it. Nothing else mattersto him. He's a fraud. And all his followers have been lied too.

If he went the Payton route, at least he would show that he cares, but he don't. To him, it's all about AI. Always has been. If he wanted to chase atitle, I'm sure he could call Cleveland and say "hey, I'll play for a hundred grand, come off the bench, get a DNP if need be, let's dothis."

Nope, he won't do that. He wants cash, and shots. Memphis offered both. And look where he goes.........

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't see the Russy/Stevie comparisons at all.
laugh.gif

You acting like OJ wasn't damn near averaging that last year.

You think OJ is maxed out already?

No, but I just think he's just a scorer right now. If he has the ball in his hands a lot, then he can up become a better playmaker for othersbut I'm not sure if he will with Conley in town.

Okay, so once this season is over, where to for A.I.?
frown.gif

I think 2 more seasons back in Philly should be his last hurrah.

Back
Top Bottom