Allen Iverson to Memphis

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Yes, Marbury, Curry, Robinson, Crawford and Randolph reminds you of the Grizzlies. The most scary thing about that roster is that all of their key players aren't even listed.

Gasol
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Mayo
Iverson

Thabeet
Haddidi
Arthur
Conley
Marcus Williams
Sam Young
Demarre Carroll

Only two players 28 and older on the team and they will only be on a contract for 1 and 2 years.

Originally Posted by THOMAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Gasol
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Mayo
Iverson

Thabeet
Haddidi
Arthur
Conley
Marcus Williams...

The potential of that squad is scary...

...I'm just not sure whether it's dark horse playoff team scary or Isiah Thomas/2005 Knicks/NBA Live scary...
i've gotta say, ON PAPER they look decent

On paper...

Hope he does well there though

Curry Gasol
Randolph Randolph
Chandler Gay
Crawford Mayo
Marbury Iverson

On second thought... They'll end up with the 8th pick in the 2010 draft...

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

OKC >>> memphis.

roll.gif
its the truth

Seriously, the only people I've seen disagree with that statement is other Grizz fans. *@!*! getting old... It really isn't a reach at all. Idon't see this one year loan being a good thing for you guys. The only reason I liked Iverson on the Knicks is because he would thrive in an offense likeours.

Edit: And I guess Kal Ripped Ken in this topic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What does Memphis plan on doing in the future with Thabeet and Gasol? Will Gasol be moved to PF if Thabeet develops into an NBA starter? Memphis has a lot to look forward to in the next 2-3 years but the fans shouldn't get too excited about adding Iverson.
Not sure what's going to happen in 2-3 years but this upcoming season, Gasol should get the bulk of the minutes at center. I wouldn'texpect more than 12-15 MPG from Thabeet.

roll.gif
@ including marcus williams.

id take the other unemployed marcus williams from uofa over him at this point

Originally Posted by Al3xis

roll.gif

come on now lets not go that far
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Al3xis

roll.gif

come on now lets not go that far
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thought I stumbled into the Offseason thread for a sec...

Thas right, blame all the other guys on Detroit, and not AI at all.

Thaaaaassss right.
eyes.gif

AI isn't who ya'll thought he was. He's what i thought he was. A selfish, talented, nonwinner. Signing with the Memphis Grizzlies proves that.
tired.gif

Sad day indeed.

just 9 years ago, he was arguably a top 3 player in the NBA, and now he is a memphis grizzly.....

lmao @ the dude really trying to compare that Knicks lineup to the Grizz.

Anyway, I'm not saying AI or Z-Bo aren't part of the problem. What I'm saying is that they aren't the entire problem. There was alot more goingon within' those organizations they were with than to solely blame them for what happened.

I see 35 games being a minimum. Anything less will be a disappointment. I easily see them winning between 35-42 games if they remain healthy. It will takesometime for them to learn to play together and they will probably have a slow start, but they will get it together. I just hope AI comes off the bench. If hestarts, it will definitely result in alot of miscommunication.

As for OKC having a better record this year, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'll put anything down that OKC won't have a better record thanMemphis. If they do, I'll be shocked.

what is the point of signing iverson if it's gonna stunt the growth of conley...and possibly mayo. i just don't get it. it's like the grizzliesjust wanna take this year to take one step backward.

iverson stunted the growth of melo in denver, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's gonna do the same to this young roster.

Yes, Marbury, Curry, Robinson, Crawford and Randolph reminds you of the Grizzlies. The most scary thing about that roster is that all of their key players aren't even listed.

Gasol
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Mayo
Iverson

Thabeet
Haddidi
Arthur
Conley
Marcus Williams
Sam Young
Demarre Carroll

Only two players 28 and older on the team and they will only be on a contract for 1 and 2 years.

Originally Posted by THOMAS CR0WN

Gasol
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Mayo
Iverson

Thabeet
Haddidi
Arthur
Conley
Marcus Williams...

...I'm just not sure whether it's dark horse playoff team scary or Isiah Thomas/2005 Knicks/NBA Live scary...
i've gotta say, ON PAPER they look decent

On paper...

Hope he does well there though

Curry Gasol
Randolph Randolph
Chandler Gay
Crawford Mayo
Marbury Iverson

On second thought... They'll end up with the 8th pick in the 2010 draft...

Wow....Gasol>>>>>>Curry.......Mayo>>>>>>>>>>>>Crawford...Gay>>>>Chandler....Iverson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marbury.......hellArthur,Conley,Thabeet,Sam Young,Haddadi and Carrol>>>>>>>>>Knicks bench at that time

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

what is the point of signing iverson if it's gonna stunt the growth of conley...and possibly mayo. i just don't get it. it's like the grizzlies just wanna take this year to take one step backward.

iverson stunted the growth of melo in denver, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's gonna do the same to this young roster.
Co-sign.

...and don't forget JR Smith. Melo and JR were playing really well together till AI arrived. It seemed like JR went non-existent those years when AI was inDenver..

And look at them now with Billups...

Gasol
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Mayo
Iverson

Thabeet
Haddidi
Arthur
Conley
Marcus Williams...

word to the potential

but all of them are 'ball hogs' or need the ball to be effective....

i will be on the look out....
nerd.gif

grizzlies are for sure going to be pretty
pimp.gif
this year....

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

what is the point of signing iverson if it's gonna stunt the growth of conley...and possibly mayo. i just don't get it. it's like the grizzlies just wanna take this year to take one step backward.

Co-sign.

...and don't forget JR Smith. Melo and JR were playing really well together till AI arrived. It seemed like JR went non-existent those years when AI was in Denver..

And look at them now with Billups...
False. A.I. didnt stunt JR growth, George Karl did. GK let JR rot on the bench with plenty of DNP's for no reason until the 2nd half of the07-08 when he was forced by the GM to let JR out of the dog house. During that 2nd half span JR started balling with A.I. on the court. All JR needed was thechance to get out of GK's dog house.

Iverson used to be one of my favorite players back in the day. After the Detroit fiasco, I'm no longer a fan of his and I think he's a team cancer. Heisn't going to do @#$% in Memphis. Him signing with Memphis makes as much sense as me trying to saw my foot off. Terrible move.

iversons selfishness has him exiled to memphis...i used to get heat from my peers when i say iverson is waay more selfish than kobe

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

iversons selfishness has him exiled to memphis...i used to get heat from my peers when i say iverson is waay more selfish than kobe
dang it. i knew someone was going to bring up Kobe... Bleh.

I always viewed AI throughout his entire career as a "it's all about me guy" . The guys clearly is all about playing for $$$ and the spotlight atwhichever team he's been on. Heck even his college days at Georgetown it was always the AI show and not about the Hoyas making a run and having a shot atthe national title.

The problem is his die hard fans who see no wrong in him and look up to him. Can't and won't recognize his short comings and see who he really is.

smh.gif

tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom