Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

OKC >>> memphis.

roll.gif

OKC >>> memphis.

Easily.

KD > The entire Memphis roster.

How about AI for the Lakers?
Phil doesn't like small guards...and ball dominating point guards. The triangle isn't built for a guy like Iverson.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

N's try to act like MJ tarnished his legacy by playing for the Wizards. I'll tell you what...if AI comes off the bench for Memphis...that's tarnishing a legacy.

You mean to tell me Stephon Marbury got a look by a championship caliber team last season but AI can't get a look from at least just a decent playoff team? Ridiculous.
AI is being blackballed. His ability can get him signed anywhere. It doesn't hurt that his ego is big but he's done a lot of humbling thisoffseason.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

OKC >>> memphis.

Easily.

KD > The entire Memphis roster.
So, will OKC beat Memphis in the season series this year and will they finish with a better record than Memphis next year?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Im Not You wrote:

marionthebarberian wrote:

OKC >>> memphis.

Easily. >KD > The entire Memphis roster.
So, will OKC beat Memphis in the season series this year and will they finish with a better record than Memphis next year?

I don't care about the head to head matchups, but yes OKC will finish with a better record than Memphis.

And some of you would be the main ones talking about how the Grizz let all their young players go because they couldn't pay them if they would'vesigned Lee or Millsap to a 5yr/50mil deal. Only championship caliber teams have 10mil dollar bench players coming off the bench.

Nothing has changed. They still should get their PF of the future out of the 2010 draft. They might just have to trade up for him.

Iverson is only for one year. Randolph is only for two years. The young core is still there, they will have money to re-sign all of them by not getting anylong term deals and they will be competitive this upcoming season. Like I said, Iverson and Z-Bo aren't favorable targets, but I can guarentee you thatguys like Conley, OJ and Gay are happy to have him on the team.

There's no way to justify Lee or Millsap being the PF of the future on this team. So, no they don't deserve long-term deals. I'm still laughing atthat one game improvement and how Durant is better than the entire Memphis roster.
laugh.gif

My @$%#% Ive still gonna be ballin. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong. There are plenty of teams that could use him on their team. Dude damn near got BarryBonds'ed out the league without even having a scandal tied to his name. That would have been a travesty. Playoffs are gonna be tough because the West is sostrong but I think Ive may have a few more tricks up his sleeve.

Anyone who takes the Detroit fiasco and blames that solely on Iverson is a moron, im sorry. That was ya boy Joe Dumars' fault. Iverson did not fit wellwith that team because no1 bought into it actually working. Because ya did soooooooooo well when he sat out the last month and a half of the season.

tell me he wouldnt have killed under dantoni for a year? wish they woulda made a move

I would have liked to see him end up in Philly. God knows they need as much help as they can get. Depending on Iggy isnothing short of stupid.

I'm still laughing at that one game improvement and how Durant is better than the entire Memphis roster.
laugh.gif

Who's better than KD on that team?

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

My @$%#% Ive still gonna be ballin. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong. There are plenty of teams that could use him on their team. Dude damn near got Barry Bonds'ed out the league without even having a scandal tied to his name. That would have been a travesty. Playoffs are gonna be tough because the West is so strong but I think Ive may have a few more tricks up his sleeve.

Anyone who takes the Detroit fiasco and blames that solely on Iverson is a moron, im sorry. That was ya boy Joe Dumars' fault. Iverson did not fit well with that team because no1 bought into it actually working. Because ya did soooooooooo well when he sat out the last month and a half of the season.

Most people will. This is a board that likes to put the blame of one player on the failure of an entire team.

that loser owner Michael Heisley went to Georgetown too...bring out the pacifier.

Iverson is only for one year. Randolph is only for two years. The young core is still there, they will have money to re-sign all of them by not getting any long term deals and they will be competitive this upcoming season. Like I said, Iverson and Z-Bo aren't favorable targets, but I can guarentee you that guys like Conley, OJ and Gay are happy to have him on the team.

There's no way to justify Lee or Millsap being the PF of the future on this team. So, no they don't deserve long-term deals. I'm still laughing at that one game improvement and how Durant is better than the entire Memphis roster.
laugh.gif
Competitive with who, exactly? They might compete to win 35 games...

Why not? Because they're guys that don't need the ball in their hands and loads of shots every night to be successful? Because that's exactly whatMemphis has added this offseason with Randolph and Iverson... Volume shooters. Rudy, Z-Bo and Iverson...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Those two young PFs would have been perfect complements to Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, and Marc Gasol...

My @$%#% Ive still gonna be ballin. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong. There are plenty of teams that could use him on their team. Dude damn near got Barry Bonds'ed out the league without even having a scandal tied to his name. That would have been a travesty. Playoffs are gonna be tough because the West is so strong but I think Ive may have a few more tricks up his sleeve.

Anyone who takes the Detroit fiasco and blames that solely on Iverson is a moron, im sorry. That was ya boy Joe Dumars' fault. Iverson did not fit well with that team because no1 bought into it actually working. Because ya did soooooooooo well when he sat out the last month and a half of the season.

Most people will. This is a board that likes to put the blame of one player on the failure of an entire team.
People also fail to ignore that RIP, Tayshaun and Rasheed (especially Rasheed) also played like garbage and dogged it on multiple occasionsbecause they harbored ill will toward Coach Curry and Iverson.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Iverson is only for one year. Randolph is only for two years. The young core is still there, they will have money to re-sign all of them by not getting any long term deals and they will be competitive this upcoming season. Like I said, Iverson and Z-Bo aren't favorable targets, but I can guarentee you that guys like Conley, OJ and Gay are happy to have him on the team.

There's no way to justify Lee or Millsap being the PF of the future on this team. So, no they don't deserve long-term deals. I'm still laughing at that one game improvement and how Durant is better than the entire Memphis roster.
laugh.gif

Why not? Because they're guys that don't need the ball in their hands and loads of shots every night to be successful? Because that's exactly what Memphis has added this offseason with Randolph and Iverson... Volume shooters. Rudy, Z-Bo and Iverson...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Those two young PFs would have been perfect complements to Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, and Marc Gasol...
ohwell.gif

I was hoping to sign Paul Millsap. At worst, trade for Carlos Boozer.

indifferent.gif
...you're the biggest Iverson fan soo its obvious to see whyyour blinded by reality....Im glad he be blackballed outta the league...especially after he messes up Memphis young players progression......and p.s., whateverreply you have, i dont care to read.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

Why not? Because they're guys that don't need the ball in their hands and loads of shots every night to be successful? Because that's exactly what Memphis has added this offseason with Randolph and Iverson... Volume shooters. Rudy, Z-Bo and Iverson...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not for long because the team would be in salary cap hell like your Mavericks previously because they gave a huge deal to one of those guys who wouldn'tstart on over half the teams in the league. After looking back at it, I would rather for Memphis to stay put and sign some nice bench players than to sign anyof those two to long-term deals. Let Arthur start another season and get their starting PF in the draft. They can still do that next season since you see themonly winning 35 games. By that time, AI will be gone and Z-Bo will only have 1 year left.

Locking up 10mil of salary to a guy like Lee or Millsap when you have to re-sign Rudy next year, Conley and Gasol the year after isn't that smart. Memphisstill wouldn't have a low post scoring threat which is what they have been missing. Lee or Millsap wouldn't be able to be a dominant scoring threat inthe post next season and it will result in our perimeter players being doubled and trapped just like last season. Whoever Memphis brought in to play PF neededto be a legitimate threat in the post along with being a good rebounder.

Let's say Memphis signed Lee for 50mil/5yrs. Memphis gets a top 5 pick again in next year's draft. They draft the PF they NEED. Now, they stuck withLee for the next 3-4 years because nobody is going to want to take his heavy contract. Memphis would've been better off staying put completely.

And the team will be competitive. If they wasn't looking to compete at all, they wouldn't went on and on about signing Iverson.

Its obvious that Boozer didn't want to be here. I wanted Boozer before I wanted Millsap or Lee. Boozer was a legit low post scorer. Why did Randolphaverage the same amount of assists as Lee last season?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

indifferent.gif
...you're the biggest Iverson fan soo its obvious to see why your blinded by reality....Im glad he be blackballed outta the league...especially after he messes up Memphis young players progression......and p.s., whatever reply you have, i dont care to read.

You're stonefacing him but he's 100% correct. That was all on Joe Dumars. You do not trade one of theee best PG's and game/tempo controllers inthe League for a flat out scorer. Don't get it twisted i love A.I but that situation was doomed to fail from the word "Go". Chauncey madeDetroit what it was, he put everybody in the position they needed to be, calmed them down when $!!# started getting out of control, kept people in the game,got his when it was needed and carried the team when it was needed. He was the coach out on that court, he was the head, when you remove that the body has nochoice but to fall.

How the hell do you expect to succeed putting such a dominant personality with a rookie coach who didn't know what the %%%! he was doing?

Paul Millsap has a reasonable deal at 4 years-$36M. At worst, think of it as a 3 year deal since he could be dealt during that last year
laugh.gif
. He's only 24 and will only get better. He can score in a variety of ways and is a beaston the boards (averaged 16 and 11 while Boozer was out last season). He would've been perfect in Memphis
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom