Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

dude wasnt even a prominant player in turkey. dude was a 13-15 pt a night 30% shooter 2 turnovers a game player, in an overseas watered down league, all while getting significant minutes. I mean lets look at it for what it is. That poor performance in the nba just wont cut it. i mean you couldnt even put him in just as a threat, from a slasher, etc... Dude hasnt got his quickness anymore. His body cant take the hits inside he was able to take, and he never really had a jumpshot, and it is worse now then ever. Like what could he do to contribute to a team? Seriously He was one of my favs players, but id hate to see him out there tarnishing his legacy.

Originally Posted by NORTHMIAMIBOI

he do need money

if he comes to miami heat he'll be set cause they need a point guard

beeleedat

Whew the hate that team would recieve.... they would probably have to have police security on all of their road games.

he do need money

beeleedat

Whew the hate that team would recieve.... they would probably have to have police security on all of their road games.

Originally Posted by LDJ

he do need money

beeleedat

who hates Iverson? Besides the media?
Dude was one of the most celebrated athletes of this generation by the fans.

Originally Posted by LDJ

he do need money

beeleedat

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

iverson mad hundreds of millions of dollars, i doubt money is the issue

when ya car is still in the impound you most def need money to get it back

when ya car is still in the impound you most def need money to get it back

seasoned vet:
"Just give me a training camp," he said. "Maybe I've rubbed people the wrong way as far as saying the things I've said in my life and in my career. But if any team needs me to help try and win a championship in any capacity, I'm waiting."

False.

But he has blown thru millions of dollars, and still lives the lifestyle as if he is making hundreds of millions. Granted he has that 5 mil a year lifetime check from reebok, but i dont see him being able to keep up spending 100,000 week in and out on clubbing/gambling not to mention bills etc he has to pay/children/ etc lavish lifestyle. Like i said i saw him not to long ago and dude is in the worst shape i have ever seen him in. I mean he isnt going to transform from drinking smoking not working out and all of a sudden being in nba shape, seeing as he was never a player who worked out and he isnt in his twenties anymore. Hell im up there in age and i workout occasionally and yet when i go out party drink etc, and try to shoot hoops workout i kinda feel sluggish/fatigued rather easier then when i was around ai age. We talking about at a pro level.

If he were to pull this off id be amazed and say he might be the best natural specimen of athlete i have ever witness. Get toreback drunk/high no working out and little sleep at an older age and play ball at the nba level and be effective.

seasoned vet:
"Just give me a training camp," he said. "Maybe I've rubbed people the wrong way as far as saying the things I've said in my life and in my career. But if any team needs me to help try and win a championship in any capacity, I'm waiting."

False.

But he has blown thru millions of dollars, and still lives the lifestyle as if he is making hundreds of millions. Granted he has that 5 mil a year lifetime check from reebok, but i dont see him being able to keep up spending 100,000 week in and out on clubbing/gambling not to mention bills etc he has to pay/children/ etc lavish lifestyle. Like i said i saw him not to long ago and dude is in the worst shape i have ever seen him in. I mean he isnt going to transform from drinking smoking not working out and all of a sudden being in nba shape, seeing as he was never a player who worked out and he isnt in his twenties anymore. Hell im up there in age and i workout occasionally and yet when i go out party drink etc, and try to shoot hoops workout i kinda feel sluggish/fatigued rather easier then when i was around ai age. We talking about at a pro level.

If he were to pull this off id be amazed and say he might be the best natural specimen of athlete i have ever witness. Get toreback drunk/high no working out and little sleep at an older age and play ball at the nba level and be effective.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by LDJ

he do need money

beeleedat

Yea but with all the drama that is with the heat, plus the media hate would be epic. Ppl i could see even turn on him esp if he has a bad season attitude, anything that isnt seen as positive with this team is put out as negative by the media and for the most part ppl have went right along with it. Could you imagine ai being ai, and not working out, not following plays, showing up when he wants to (basically being himself) and a player like wade or even worst lebron calls him out? Iverson if anything doesnt hold back and will pull your card. Man it would be like when mj played for the wizards and kwame brown situation, only iverson would be public about it. It would just be ugly. But then again a dude like a ai could just be from a mental standpoint something bosh/lebron alot of the heat players need. As long as they dont follow suite, and stop practicing working out, letting partying and bs be the priority and bball secondary.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by LDJ

he do need money

beeleedat

Yea but with all the drama that is with the heat, plus the media hate would be epic. Ppl i could see even turn on him esp if he has a bad season attitude, anything that isnt seen as positive with this team is put out as negative by the media and for the most part ppl have went right along with it. Could you imagine ai being ai, and not working out, not following plays, showing up when he wants to (basically being himself) and a player like wade or even worst lebron calls him out? Iverson if anything doesnt hold back and will pull your card. Man it would be like when mj played for the wizards and kwame brown situation, only iverson would be public about it. It would just be ugly. But then again a dude like a ai could just be from a mental standpoint something bosh/lebron alot of the heat players need. As long as they dont follow suite, and stop practicing working out, letting partying and bs be the priority and bball secondary.

Originally Posted by LDJ

dude wasnt even a prominant player in turkey. dude was a 13-15 pt a night 30% shooter 2 turnovers a game player, in an overseas watered down league, all while getting significant minutes.

I say the same thing about Ricky Rubio.... all hype
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

dude wasnt even a prominant player in turkey. dude was a 13-15 pt a night 30% shooter 2 turnovers a game player, in an overseas watered down league, all while getting significant minutes.

I say the same thing about Ricky Rubio.... all hype
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

So basically... He burned bridges and was pretty much forced to go to Turkey in order to prove he still has something to offer. As it stands, he went to Turkey and proved nothing over 10 games other than the fact that he has a new injury... but he still wants back in the league.

This dude is more ******ed than I gave him credit for.

So what gives Iverson confidence he can still play anywhere near his former elite level next season?

"It's me," he said, laughing. "That's what gives me confidence. I know what I can do. Everybody in the world knows what I can do. Everybody knows what I can do on the basketball court."
Just shut up.
sick.gif

Damn you are mad

Naaah... Just disappointed, slightly disgusted, and embarrassed for Iverson. I've been one of the few "A.I. realists" on NT for years now.

Whatever happened to Mr. Fantastic/JMoneyBaggz? Can you defend your boy on this one?

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

So basically... He burned bridges and was pretty much forced to go to Turkey in order to prove he still has something to offer. As it stands, he went to Turkey and proved nothing over 10 games other than the fact that he has a new injury... but he still wants back in the league.

This dude is more ******ed than I gave him credit for.

So what gives Iverson confidence he can still play anywhere near his former elite level next season?

"It's me," he said, laughing. "That's what gives me confidence. I know what I can do. Everybody in the world knows what I can do. Everybody knows what I can do on the basketball court."
Just shut up.
sick.gif

Damn you are mad

Naaah... Just disappointed, slightly disgusted, and embarrassed for Iverson. I've been one of the few "A.I. realists" on NT for years now.

Whatever happened to Mr. Fantastic/JMoneyBaggz? Can you defend your boy on this one?

Back
Top Bottom