Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

2KzUj.jpg

e6Ysh.jpg

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

iverson mad hundreds of millions of dollars, i doubt money is the issue

But he has blown thru millions of dollars, and still lives the lifestyle as if he is making hundreds of millions. Granted he has that 5 mil a year lifetime check from reebok, but i dont see him being able to keep up spending 100,000 week in and out on clubbing/gambling not to mention bills etc he has to pay/children/ etc lavish lifestyle.  

And that ever present crew of leeches he has on his payroll.  One time his Mother got her car towed, and instead of going through the normal channels of getting it back, she copped another one the same day. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

iverson mad hundreds of millions of dollars, i doubt money is the issue

But he has blown thru millions of dollars, and still lives the lifestyle as if he is making hundreds of millions. Granted he has that 5 mil a year lifetime check from reebok, but i dont see him being able to keep up spending 100,000 week in and out on clubbing/gambling not to mention bills etc he has to pay/children/ etc lavish lifestyle.  

And that ever present crew of leeches he has on his payroll.  One time his Mother got her car towed, and instead of going through the normal channels of getting it back, she copped another one the same day. 

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Pound for pound, he's the best basketball player ever.

Why do people think putting pound for pound in front of a statement makes it any less wrong. This is just wrong. I love AI but come on now. Just say he was one of the best 6'0 and under players the NBA has ever seen. Pound for Pound, the best if the best. And we know Allen is not that.

Why do people think putting pound for pound in front of a statement makes it any less wrong. This is just wrong. I love AI but come on now. Just say he was one of the best 6'0 and under players the NBA has ever seen. Pound for Pound, the best if the best. And we know Allen is not that.

^Would I be wrong for saying Shaq is also the 'pound for pound' best basketball player ever??
nerd.gif

^Would I be wrong for saying Shaq is also the 'pound for pound' best basketball player ever??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif

I really don't see the point of pound for pounding in a sport that there aren't weight classes honestly. Compare folks to their positions/weight classes. I hate the concept of pound for pound. It is purely based on hypotheticals. I hate the concept of it in Boxing, MMA, and when people use it for stuff like ball.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif

I really don't see the point of pound for pounding in a sport that there aren't weight classes honestly. Compare folks to their positions/weight classes. I hate the concept of pound for pound. It is purely based on hypotheticals. I hate the concept of it in Boxing, MMA, and when people use it for stuff like ball.

Well at least in boxing/MMA a weightclass does at least make a little sense. But yes I agree, in bball just say "he was a great little guy", just like how folks group up the Big Men, and leave it at that.

Well at least in boxing/MMA a weightclass does at least make a little sense. But yes I agree, in bball just say "he was a great little guy", just like how folks group up the Big Men, and leave it at that.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You really got that much beef with a figure of speech? lol.. My bad, I guess.
grin.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

Hes not complaining about the figure of speech itself.  He is complaining that people put it in front of an idiotic statement and that somehow makes the statement less idiotic.  

grin.gif

Hes not complaining about the figure of speech itself.  He is complaining that people put it in front of an idiotic statement and that somehow makes the statement less idiotic.  

Back
Top Bottom