Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

Seriously, %#%@ what ya say...Son lead a team to the NBA Finals with Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, Tyrone Hill, Kukoc, George Lynch & Mutombo...back in his prime, Iverson was THAT DUDE. IMO 3rd greatest scorer in history

Seriously, %#%@ what ya say...Son lead a team to the NBA Finals with Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, Tyrone Hill, Kukoc, George Lynch & Mutombo...back in his prime, Iverson was THAT DUDE. IMO 3rd greatest scorer in history

Ask AI if he wants to be evaluated by height. 
laugh.gif

He was one of the best, most exciting PGs the league has ever seen and will ever see. He's the best little guy in terms of creating his own shot, but outside of that... making top 10, top 20, top 30 type evaluations seems dumb, mostly because there's never been a guy like him. He never really had the support he needed early so it's too hard to evaluate where the guy places overall. I remember watching those Sixers teams and thinking Todd MacCulloch, Eric Snow, Aaron McKie...wth? The one legit scoring threat he had back then was Jerry Stackhouse (don't mention Larry Hughes to me, please). His scoring stats from '99 to '07 are ridiculous.
pimp.gif

Ask AI if he wants to be evaluated by height. 
laugh.gif

He was one of the best, most exciting PGs the league has ever seen and will ever see. He's the best little guy in terms of creating his own shot, but outside of that... making top 10, top 20, top 30 type evaluations seems dumb, mostly because there's never been a guy like him. He never really had the support he needed early so it's too hard to evaluate where the guy places overall. I remember watching those Sixers teams and thinking Todd MacCulloch, Eric Snow, Aaron McKie...wth? The one legit scoring threat he had back then was Jerry Stackhouse (don't mention Larry Hughes to me, please). His scoring stats from '99 to '07 are ridiculous.
pimp.gif

If Mike Bibby was starting games in the NBA Finals, a humbled Allen Iverson surely deserves a spot one some bench.

If Mike Bibby was starting games in the NBA Finals, a humbled Allen Iverson surely deserves a spot one some bench.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

iverson mad hundreds of millions of dollars, i doubt money is the issue

But he has blown thru millions of dollars, and still lives the lifestyle as if he is making hundreds of millions. Granted he has that 5 mil a year lifetime check from reebok, but i dont see him being able to keep up spending 100,000 week in and out on clubbing/gambling not to mention bills etc he has to pay/children/ etc lavish lifestyle.  

And that ever present crew of leeches he has on his payroll.  One time his Mother got her car towed, and instead of going through the normal channels of getting it back, she copped another one the same day. 
Yall all in that man's finances 
laugh.gif
 how do you know what he spends? Are you his accountant?

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

iverson mad hundreds of millions of dollars, i doubt money is the issue

But he has blown thru millions of dollars, and still lives the lifestyle as if he is making hundreds of millions. Granted he has that 5 mil a year lifetime check from reebok, but i dont see him being able to keep up spending 100,000 week in and out on clubbing/gambling not to mention bills etc he has to pay/children/ etc lavish lifestyle.  

And that ever present crew of leeches he has on his payroll.  One time his Mother got her car towed, and instead of going through the normal channels of getting it back, she copped another one the same day. 
Yall all in that man's finances 
laugh.gif
 how do you know what he spends? Are you his accountant?

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Pound for pound, he's the best basketball player ever.

Why do people think putting pound for pound in front of a statement makes it any less wrong. This is just wrong. I love AI but come on now. Just say he was one of the best 6'0 and under players the NBA has ever seen. Pound for Pound, the best if the best. And we know Allen is not that.
You really got that much beef with a figure of speech? lol.. My bad, I guess.
grin.gif

It isn't the figure of speech. It is the fact that you somehow tried to manipulate (via words) that Allen Iverson is any way, shape, form the BEST of all time. And that just isn't true by any measure at all. You can love the dude but that is just out there.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Pound for pound, he's the best basketball player ever.

Why do people think putting pound for pound in front of a statement makes it any less wrong. This is just wrong. I love AI but come on now. Just say he was one of the best 6'0 and under players the NBA has ever seen. Pound for Pound, the best if the best. And we know Allen is not that.
You really got that much beef with a figure of speech? lol.. My bad, I guess.
grin.gif

It isn't the figure of speech. It is the fact that you somehow tried to manipulate (via words) that Allen Iverson is any way, shape, form the BEST of all time. And that just isn't true by any measure at all. You can love the dude but that is just out there.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

dude needs $$$

i dont think thats da case, he's still got that lifetime reebok contract.

and he didn't play over there at turkey for free..
laugh.gif

dude needs $$$

and he didn't play over there at turkey for free..
laugh.gif

Being a longtime AI fan, I always had a hard time watching him on the defensive side of the ball. yea he would play the passing lanes and get a steal or two a game, but given his stature and lack of defensive intensity he was always a liability at the defensive side of the ball. If he does make a comeback, I hope he goes to a strong defensive team. If you look at the successful AI team's, he's always had a big man controlling the paint(Ratliff, Mutombo) and E.Snow(gritty guard). I have no doubt that he can still put up points, he just needs to go to a team where all they need him to do is score and facilitate. I always thought AI was an underrated passer, due to him being publicized more as SHOT taker haha. WITH THAT SAID....please end up in Miami!!!!

Being a longtime AI fan, I always had a hard time watching him on the defensive side of the ball. yea he would play the passing lanes and get a steal or two a game, but given his stature and lack of defensive intensity he was always a liability at the defensive side of the ball. If he does make a comeback, I hope he goes to a strong defensive team. If you look at the successful AI team's, he's always had a big man controlling the paint(Ratliff, Mutombo) and E.Snow(gritty guard). I have no doubt that he can still put up points, he just needs to go to a team where all they need him to do is score and facilitate. I always thought AI was an underrated passer, due to him being publicized more as SHOT taker haha. WITH THAT SAID....please end up in Miami!!!!

Originally Posted by ninjahood

dude needs $$$

Da "lifetime" reebok contract...
laugh.gif
What a joke. Remember, this is the same contract that was first reported by Stephen A. Smith, and "reportedly" had a moral clause in it, meaning he had to own up to certain "lifestyle" requirements. It also "reportedly" had a requirement that he still be playing. And what does that really mean, specifically? There's a lot of questioning there, and there's a lot of people in this thread talking about stuff they know very little about.

dude needs $$$

laugh.gif
What a joke. Remember, this is the same contract that was first reported by Stephen A. Smith, and "reportedly" had a moral clause in it, meaning he had to own up to certain "lifestyle" requirements. It also "reportedly" had a requirement that he still be playing. And what does that really mean, specifically? There's a lot of questioning there, and there's a lot of people in this thread talking about stuff they know very little about.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

dude needs $$$

laugh.gif
Exactly, when he got bounced from Memphis it was reported that as long as he puts on a jersey he gets that 5 million a year from Reebok. How can a ninja just throw that away cuz he wanted to just start or get more playing time. Iverson burnt too many bridges and now is feeling the fallout from it. Honestly he should still be playing a good role on a team if he would of checked his ego a long time ago

dude needs $$$

laugh.gif
Exactly, when he got bounced from Memphis it was reported that as long as he puts on a jersey he gets that 5 million a year from Reebok. How can a ninja just throw that away cuz he wanted to just start or get more playing time. Iverson burnt too many bridges and now is feeling the fallout from it. Honestly he should still be playing a good role on a team if he would of checked his ego a long time ago

Originally Posted by got shoes

laugh.gif
Wow that was really the clause in the contract?
eek.gif
. This dude AI is an idiot and still would be playing a good role and getting that 5 mill a year.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
. This dude AI is an idiot and still would be playing a good role and getting that 5 mill a year.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

laugh.gif
eek.gif
it was reported from Stephen A. Smith and some other foolishness that reebok added to his contract

Back
Top Bottom