Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Go win a ring in Miami. 
grin.gif
but miami are not going to win anything!
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Originally Posted by LDJ

dude wasnt even a prominant player in turkey. dude was a 13-15 pt a night 30% shooter 2 turnovers a game player, in an overseas watered down league, all while getting significant minutes.

I say the same thing about Ricky Rubio.... all hype
laugh.gif

I kinda feel the same way about this player as well. While i havent seen much of him, you just dont be an average player in a league that is less competitive, come to the nba and flourish. I just dont see how that is possible. In his defense tho maybe rubio plays lackluster do to lack of competition? But with ai its just old age,lack of staying in shape,partying and bs, drinking/smoking and relying on his god given abilities (which have faded) has left him with depending on his bball iq and skill set. Something lets be honest ppl, hasnt been ai's strong suite. And being away from the l, hasnt helped him develop that part of his game either.

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Originally Posted by LDJ

dude wasnt even a prominant player in turkey. dude was a 13-15 pt a night 30% shooter 2 turnovers a game player, in an overseas watered down league, all while getting significant minutes.

I say the same thing about Ricky Rubio.... all hype
laugh.gif

I kinda feel the same way about this player as well. While i havent seen much of him, you just dont be an average player in a league that is less competitive, come to the nba and flourish. I just dont see how that is possible. In his defense tho maybe rubio plays lackluster do to lack of competition? But with ai its just old age,lack of staying in shape,partying and bs, drinking/smoking and relying on his god given abilities (which have faded) has left him with depending on his bball iq and skill set. Something lets be honest ppl, hasnt been ai's strong suite. And being away from the l, hasnt helped him develop that part of his game either.

Can he accept being the 8th guy? Can he play without dominating the ball? Can he play with another great player? Can he play within a team concept?

AI was an incredible scorer and competitor, but the way he played was not conducive to winning on a consistent basis. I'd like to see him contribute to a winning team but at this point in his career I don't see him transforming his game like he needs to for that to happen.

Can he accept being the 8th guy? Can he play without dominating the ball? Can he play with another great player? Can he play within a team concept?

AI was an incredible scorer and competitor, but the way he played was not conducive to winning on a consistent basis. I'd like to see him contribute to a winning team but at this point in his career I don't see him transforming his game like he needs to for that to happen.

If he goes to Chicago with a good attitude, I would have to put them as the favorite. If he can get 15 off the bench on that mob they will be a problem. Chicago plays the same way Philly did in '01, get a bunch of defenders and stay out the way of the slashing PG.....

If he goes to Chicago with a good attitude, I would have to put them as the favorite. If he can get 15 off the bench on that mob they will be a problem. Chicago plays the same way Philly did in '01, get a bunch of defenders and stay out the way of the slashing PG.....

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I'd love for the Bulls to give him a try. If he can accept a 15-20 min role as a backup.
Please no.  The last thing I want is this guy giving Rose "pointers"

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I'd love for the Bulls to give him a try. If he can accept a 15-20 min role as a backup.
Please no.  The last thing I want is this guy giving Rose "pointers"

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

If he can check his ego and realize that he absolutely is a bench player at this point in his career (in the NBA), then I don't see why he can't make a comeback. Dude can get buckets. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see him get a ring.� My favorite player and one of the best to ever play in the league.� If they re-did the list of� the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he'd be in there.�

...cats kill me with this BS. AI has been asked 3 times to check his ego and he REFUSED. so much so, that he's resorted to cursing out and verbally disrespecting head coaches in front of other players.

Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.

- who gives a !#+$? im so tired of this excuse when it comes to cats like AI and T-Mac.....

- i cant say it loud enough:

GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

....maybe now we can get back to real basketball and a new trend in pure�PG's. you can get your AI fix by watching Derrick Rose.

��

Sounding like a jilted ex...the %@!$ he do to you?�
laugh.gif

He may have humbled himself in Turkey.� If he never plays again in the NBA, I'm fine with it.� He had a GREAT career.� If he gets another chance, then I'm fine with it as well.� There are plenty of players who have come/gone through the NBA who have had just as many (or more) problems and STILL got other chances.� I don't see why AI is any different.�
Palabra.

At the end of the day, swagger was his downfall... This guy:

iverson2.jpg

Is one of the most important players in NBA history, on the court and off it. After Jordan, the NBA needed and ICON. A.I. is hip-hop culture in hoop shorts. And we all know hip-hop culture is America's dark horse. So naturally, there's an over abundance of hate for THIS guy:

aisuit.jpg

Everything about the man says, "Even and still, I'ma do $%@# MY way". I respect that. It got him out the hood and into the NBA. It got him to the Finals. It got him numerous accolades and highlights.

And then it got him exiled and shunned prematurely...

It wasn't his fault that DET made a bad trade and tried to force him to play out of his playstyle and mentality. Is it? You can knock on him for not being a certain type of player all you want, but who's like AI? Be real. Dude wasd 5'10 TOPS... maybe 170 lbs after hitting the buffet. Pound for pound, he's the best basketball player ever. He just was never gonna be anything other than what HE wanted to be. And HE wanted to bust @%! offensively. And so he did. If you disagree, fine. But show me one better. What you have to admit is that he CHANGED the game. Not many players can say that. Remember this? :

Miss me with all that talk about carrying the ball. Dude was BODYING people. They made him stop using his crossover
laugh.gif
.. Come on, realistically who has a bigger reason than AI to feel entitled to some sort of respect? Even we still get chills at the implications of that one time where he ROCKED Jordan. Imagine the lasting effects on the man that did it. When you got %%@++@ like Keith Bogans getting starting burn, A.I. being the man he's ALWAYS been is gonna feel some kinda way about it. He may even rap about it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Maybe he should have been more humble. But maybe...just maybe... people should have been more understanding of what THEY created. True, he was relegated to lower minutes by injury. But cats then used his lessened stats as justification to lower his minutes even more. And that's laughable logic at best. If I were a scoring champ and MVP, I'd feel some kinda way as well. Dude probably felt like,
"ME? The bench? Behind who? Rip Hamilton*? Stop
laugh.gif
.". I mean, CLEARLY he already felt targeted about his crossover and his attire. I hate the race card, but when it comes to A.I., it *SEEMS* (right or wrong) like he was martyred.

If he can check his ego and realize that he absolutely is a bench player at this point in his career (in the NBA), then I don't see why he can't make a comeback. Dude can get buckets. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see him get a ring.� My favorite player and one of the best to ever play in the league.� If they re-did the list of� the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he'd be in there.�

...cats kill me with this BS. AI has been asked 3 times to check his ego and he REFUSED. so much so, that he's resorted to cursing out and verbally disrespecting head coaches in front of other players.

Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.

- who gives a !#+$? im so tired of this excuse when it comes to cats like AI and T-Mac.....

....maybe now we can get back to real basketball and a new trend in pure�PG's. you can get your AI fix by watching Derrick Rose.

��

Sounding like a jilted ex...the %@!$ he do to you?�
laugh.gif

He may have humbled himself in Turkey.� If he never plays again in the NBA, I'm fine with it.� He had a GREAT career.� If he gets another chance, then I'm fine with it as well.� There are plenty of players who have come/gone through the NBA who have had just as many (or more) problems and STILL got other chances.� I don't see why AI is any different.�
Palabra.

At the end of the day, swagger was his downfall... This guy:

iverson2.jpg

Is one of the most important players in NBA history, on the court and off it. After Jordan, the NBA needed and ICON. A.I. is hip-hop culture in hoop shorts. And we all know hip-hop culture is America's dark horse. So naturally, there's an over abundance of hate for THIS guy:

aisuit.jpg

Everything about the man says, "Even and still, I'ma do $%@# MY way". I respect that. It got him out the hood and into the NBA. It got him to the Finals. It got him numerous accolades and highlights.

And then it got him exiled and shunned prematurely...

It wasn't his fault that DET made a bad trade and tried to force him to play out of his playstyle and mentality. Is it? You can knock on him for not being a certain type of player all you want, but who's like AI? Be real. Dude wasd 5'10 TOPS... maybe 170 lbs after hitting the buffet. Pound for pound, he's the best basketball player ever. He just was never gonna be anything other than what HE wanted to be. And HE wanted to bust @%! offensively. And so he did. If you disagree, fine. But show me one better. What you have to admit is that he CHANGED the game. Not many players can say that. Remember this? :

Miss me with all that talk about carrying the ball. Dude was BODYING people. They made him stop using his crossover
laugh.gif
.. Come on, realistically who has a bigger reason than AI to feel entitled to some sort of respect? Even we still get chills at the implications of that one time where he ROCKED Jordan. Imagine the lasting effects on the man that did it. When you got %%@++@ like Keith Bogans getting starting burn, A.I. being the man he's ALWAYS been is gonna feel some kinda way about it. He may even rap about it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. Maybe he should have been more humble. But maybe...just maybe... people should have been more understanding of what THEY created. True, he was relegated to lower minutes by injury. But cats then used his lessened stats as justification to lower his minutes even more. And that's laughable logic at best. If I were a scoring champ and MVP, I'd feel some kinda way as well. Dude probably felt like,
"ME? The bench? Behind who? Rip Hamilton*? Stop
laugh.gif
.". I mean, CLEARLY he already felt targeted about his crossover and his attire. I hate the race card, but when it comes to A.I., it *SEEMS* (right or wrong) like he was martyred.

Originally Posted by LDJ

If he can check his ego and realize that he absolutely is a bench player at this point in his career (in the NBA), then I don't see why he can't make a comeback. Dude can get buckets. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see him get a ring.  My favorite player and one of the best to ever play in the league.  If they re-did the list of  the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he'd be in there. 

Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.

....maybe now we can get back to real basketball and a new trend in pure PG's. you can get your AI fix by watching Derrick Rose.

QFMFT. He has lost his most valuable asset in his physical gifts. He doesnt have his quickness/speed which means his game is gone. As much as i liked him as a player, he is a done deal.

why you so mad tho did he smush ya girl.....

Originally Posted by LDJ

If he can check his ego and realize that he absolutely is a bench player at this point in his career (in the NBA), then I don't see why he can't make a comeback. Dude can get buckets. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see him get a ring.  My favorite player and one of the best to ever play in the league.  If they re-did the list of  the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he'd be in there. 

Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.

....maybe now we can get back to real basketball and a new trend in pure PG's. you can get your AI fix by watching Derrick Rose.

QFMFT. He has lost his most valuable asset in his physical gifts. He doesnt have his quickness/speed which means his game is gone. As much as i liked him as a player, he is a done deal.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by LDJ

i wish that way id be getting paid. but it was asked could he make a comeback.. and i just stated facts about him and stated an conclusion based on those whether he was nba material.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by LDJ

i wish that way id be getting paid. but it was asked could he make a comeback.. and i just stated facts about him and stated an conclusion based on those whether he was nba material.

Back
Top Bottom