Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Too bad the NBA isn't eyeing him

laugh.gif
good one
+

What team is goin' to sign a 36 year old?

So is he Stephon Marbury, and Stevey Franchise. AI been saying the same thing for a while now. I remember his pleas to be on a team before the season started.

Maybe Isiah brings them together in Detroit
laugh.gif

seasoned vet wrote:

....okay, you must not understand.

- EYE never said Big Dog or Nicky Van were angels.....never said they didnt burn bridges...none of that. so what does that article prove? stop skimming through and read bruh.

....what i am saying...what ive said since the start was show me when and where Big Dog or Nicky Van verbally abused their head coach in front of players, the media/public while at the same time proclaiming their worth? demanding what they deserved off of who they are in the L?  you cant.  this is why they arent comparable.  this is why Spreewell is.

- the funny part is Spreewell did it once and was canned, yet somehow AI is allowed to do it 3 times and still get another shot.  how does it taste my man?

Iverson was three times better than those guys were, that's why he gets to do it.

The bottom line is it doesn't really matter how many times he's done it, it could have been 50. He will get another shot as long as he can still play and he checks his ego at the door. Those are big ifs, but that's the way the NBA works. If you don't understand that by now then it isn't worth debating with you.

seasoned vet wrote:

....okay, you must not understand.

- EYE never said Big Dog or Nicky Van were angels.....never said they didnt burn bridges...none of that. so what does that article prove? stop skimming through and read bruh.

....what i am saying...what ive said since the start was show me when and where Big Dog or Nicky Van verbally abused their head coach in front of players, the media/public while at the same time proclaiming their worth? demanding what they deserved off of who they are in the L?  you cant.  this is why they arent comparable.  this is why Spreewell is.

- the funny part is Spreewell did it once and was canned, yet somehow AI is allowed to do it 3 times and still get another shot.  how does it taste my man?

Iverson was three times better than those guys were, that's why he gets to do it.

The bottom line is it doesn't really matter how many times he's done it, it could have been 50. He will get another shot as long as he can still play and he checks his ego at the door. Those are big ifs, but that's the way the NBA works. If you don't understand that by now then it isn't worth debating with you.

So is he Stephon Marbury, and Stevey Franchise. AI been saying the same thing for a while now. I remember his pleas to be on a team before the season started.

Maybe Isiah brings them together in Detroit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

I just want my favorite player to win a ring. THATS ALL.

...now THATS an answer i can respect.

- what i cant respect are the BS justifications, and convienent dissmisals for his behavior.

- what i cant respect are the BS justifications, and convienent dissmisals for his behavior.

man....this guy is a staright IDIOT. he did this to himself. if he really wanted to just play basketball he would have been happy with whatever role a team gave him and play for the league minimum. but he wont because his mind not right. he still thinks hes in his 20's. his ego wont let him think otherwise

man....this guy is a staright IDIOT. he did this to himself. if he really wanted to just play basketball he would have been happy with whatever role a team gave him and play for the league minimum. but he wont because his mind not right. he still thinks hes in his 20's. his ego wont let him think otherwise

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Id love to see him with the Lakers get some scoring off the bench.

Kobe would whoop him into shape, playing each other in the gym
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Waits for CP to write an essay and he doesn't want him on HIS team
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
No canswer on LAkers please

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Id love to see him with the Lakers get some scoring off the bench.

Kobe would whoop him into shape, playing each other in the gym
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Waits for CP to write an essay and he doesn't want him on HIS team
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
No canswer on LAkers please

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

No one is justifying his actions, it's just that they don't matter. The only thing that does matter is his current attitude and his playing ability. I fail to see what is so hard to understand about this. It's the NBA, not high school.

No one is justifying his actions, it's just that they don't matter. The only thing that does matter is his current attitude and his playing ability. I fail to see what is so hard to understand about this. It's the NBA, not high school.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

.....you really believe that?   
roll.gif

....if thats the case yall are worse off than i originally thought. 

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

- my man said it didnt matter. i HAVE TO BE in the twilight zone right now.  these NBA owners can sign who they want to whenever they choose. and yet they're supposed to just forget what AI did to his last 4 teams and give him millions to disrupt what they have because "he can get buckets" and he's your favorite player???

laugh.gif

........maaaaan, yall making my stomach hurt now, stop it, please. someone que the charlie murphy laughing gif from chappelle's show.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

.....you really believe that?   
roll.gif

....if thats the case yall are worse off than i originally thought. 

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

- my man said it didnt matter. i HAVE TO BE in the twilight zone right now.  these NBA owners can sign who they want to whenever they choose. and yet they're supposed to just forget what AI did to his last 4 teams and give him millions to disrupt what they have because "he can get buckets" and he's your favorite player???

laugh.gif

........maaaaan, yall making my stomach hurt now, stop it, please. someone que the charlie murphy laughing gif from chappelle's show.

Dear AI,

I loved you since G-Town.  I'm a Virginia native also and have heard all the amazing stories of your athletic abilities.  I wore your Reebok Questions, I had cornrows, and I master your crossover.  I have rooted for you despite your negetive attitude towards anything postive.  I was their and defended you when you tried to rap, when you had the "practice" incident, and when you had trouble with your wife.  I really believed you could beat the Lakers in the finals and was on cloud 9 after Game 1.  I thought Denver would workout for you.  I thought returning to Philly would workout for you.  But it didn't.  I even had hopes you would at least get buckets in Turkey.   But you didn't and I've lost hope.  You career is over and you have nobody to blame but yourself.  I'd rather you go out like Spreewell than start begging for another chance in the NBA.  There are no more chances.  It's over.  You refused to humble yourself and prolong your career so now you must deal with the consequences.  You are an old, 6 ft shoot first guard.  In case you haven't noticed those players don't exist in the NBA.  You can't guard anyone, you aren't a sharp shooter, and your athletic ability has dwindled.  Please walk into sunset with the little bit of diginity that you have left.  I remember back in your prime you said "i want to be remembered for doing it MY way".  Well you did it your way and it didn't work out in your favor, dont change your tune now. 

- Truth

Dear AI,

I loved you since G-Town.  I'm a Virginia native also and have heard all the amazing stories of your athletic abilities.  I wore your Reebok Questions, I had cornrows, and I master your crossover.  I have rooted for you despite your negetive attitude towards anything postive.  I was their and defended you when you tried to rap, when you had the "practice" incident, and when you had trouble with your wife.  I really believed you could beat the Lakers in the finals and was on cloud 9 after Game 1.  I thought Denver would workout for you.  I thought returning to Philly would workout for you.  But it didn't.  I even had hopes you would at least get buckets in Turkey.   But you didn't and I've lost hope.  You career is over and you have nobody to blame but yourself.  I'd rather you go out like Spreewell than start begging for another chance in the NBA.  There are no more chances.  It's over.  You refused to humble yourself and prolong your career so now you must deal with the consequences.  You are an old, 6 ft shoot first guard.  In case you haven't noticed those players don't exist in the NBA.  You can't guard anyone, you aren't a sharp shooter, and your athletic ability has dwindled.  Please walk into sunset with the little bit of diginity that you have left.  I remember back in your prime you said "i want to be remembered for doing it MY way".  Well you did it your way and it didn't work out in your favor, dont change your tune now. 

- Truth

Back
Top Bottom