Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

Come to Utah. He could start here. No distractions or anything to do out here. It would be a good fit.

Come to Utah. He could start here. No distractions or anything to do out here. It would be a good fit.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Even with all that @$!+ that went on and the Memphis debacle, he STILL got picked up by Philly.  If he does get another NBA tryout or invite to a training camp, teams will want to know where his head is at.  They'll be curious to see if his time in Turkey humbled him.  If the 2011-12 version of Iverson is a man who can accept coming off the bench in limited minutes, then he may get some consideration for a roster spot.  Shoot...if cancers like Nick Van Exel and Glenn Robinson can catch on later in the careers with reputable teams like the Spurs, then there's ALWAYS a chance for guys like AI. 

All in all...like I said before...if he's played his last game in the NBA, I'm fine with it.  However, if he catches on with another squad, I hope he gets a ring. 

- and like i said before, the ONLY guy comparable to AI in terms of disrupting a team AND proclaiming his worth at the same time it Spreewell. Nicky Van and Glenn Robinson? stop it, you cant even use them as a comparison foreal.

...show me when and where Glenn Robinson and Nicky Van acted anywhere near AI in public/media, then still got a shot again? MATTER OF FACT show me where a Nick Van Exel, Glenn Robinson, or a Spreewell did it 3 times and STILL got another shot  
roll.gif

....thats ya mans? cool. you want him to have another shot? great. but dont be delusional, trying to turn what AI into the same thing others have done.

- ITS OVER!  go find an old version of 2K to play.....

You're sounding real dense. 

Glenn Robinson burned bridges in Milwaukee, Atlanta, and Philly....but STILL got a last chance in San Antonio. 

Van Exel had one of the worst reputations in the NBA...

and from an SI article on Van Exel from 96'

That mix of talent, determination and a touch of the outrageous brings athletes such as Van Exel second chances, third chances and even 10th chances.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1008048/2/index.htm

You can apply that to quote to AI.  You can't even compare him to Sprewell.  At all. 

Even with all that @$!+ that went on and the Memphis debacle, he STILL got picked up by Philly.  If he does get another NBA tryout or invite to a training camp, teams will want to know where his head is at.  They'll be curious to see if his time in Turkey humbled him.  If the 2011-12 version of Iverson is a man who can accept coming off the bench in limited minutes, then he may get some consideration for a roster spot.  Shoot...if cancers like Nick Van Exel and Glenn Robinson can catch on later in the careers with reputable teams like the Spurs, then there's ALWAYS a chance for guys like AI. 

All in all...like I said before...if he's played his last game in the NBA, I'm fine with it.  However, if he catches on with another squad, I hope he gets a ring. 

- and like i said before, the ONLY guy comparable to AI in terms of disrupting a team AND proclaiming his worth at the same time it Spreewell. Nicky Van and Glenn Robinson? stop it, you cant even use them as a comparison foreal.

...show me when and where Glenn Robinson and Nicky Van acted anywhere near AI in public/media, then still got a shot again? MATTER OF FACT show me where a Nick Van Exel, Glenn Robinson, or a Spreewell did it 3 times and STILL got another shot  
roll.gif

....thats ya mans? cool. you want him to have another shot? great. but dont be delusional, trying to turn what AI into the same thing others have done.

Glenn Robinson burned bridges in Milwaukee, Atlanta, and Philly....but STILL got a last chance in San Antonio. 

That mix of talent, determination and a touch of the outrageous brings athletes such as Van Exel second chances, third chances and even 10th chances.

You can apply that to quote to AI.  You can't even compare him to Sprewell.  At all. 

he should just go to a crappy team like the timberwolves, chuck up as many shots as he wants, sell a few extra tickets for the team and possibly win a few more games while at it.

he should just go to a crappy team like the timberwolves, chuck up as many shots as he wants, sell a few extra tickets for the team and possibly win a few more games while at it.

Originally Posted by got shoes

better play his role as a Jason Terry 2.0

Jason Terry is a great spot up shooter. There's always a place on teams for this type. Iverson isn't. He wasn't one in his prime, and he certainly isn't one now.

Anyway, if you ask me, he got not one but two chances to be a role player in the NBA with the Pistons and Grizzlies. He failed both times because he didn't want to be a role player. With the Grizzlies, he started complaining after literally one game. If any team is willing to gamble and take a chance on signing him, even the best case scenario if he accepts his role, he won't give you much on the court.

Originally Posted by got shoes

better play his role as a Jason Terry 2.0

Jason Terry is a great spot up shooter. There's always a place on teams for this type. Iverson isn't. He wasn't one in his prime, and he certainly isn't one now.

Anyway, if you ask me, he got not one but two chances to be a role player in the NBA with the Pistons and Grizzlies. He failed both times because he didn't want to be a role player. With the Grizzlies, he started complaining after literally one game. If any team is willing to gamble and take a chance on signing him, even the best case scenario if he accepts his role, he won't give you much on the court.

Originally Posted by Freeze

A.I. is one of my favorite players of all time, So whatever he does I'll support that. I'd love to see dude back in the L. I doubt he can start, but coming over the bench giving instant offense is a respectable position as well, i.e Jet and Odom. Just gotta suck it up and do whats best for the team. He's older now, much.
QFT

Originally Posted by Freeze

A.I. is one of my favorite players of all time, So whatever he does I'll support that. I'd love to see dude back in the L. I doubt he can start, but coming over the bench giving instant offense is a respectable position as well, i.e Jet and Odom. Just gotta suck it up and do whats best for the team. He's older now, much.
QFT

Wouldnt mind seeing him as a Laker getting that 10-15 a night spot...

Kobe would check him (I hope), he could come off the bench and provide scoring.

Just need to make sure his attitude is right.

Wouldnt mind seeing him as a Laker getting that 10-15 a night spot...

Kobe would check him (I hope), he could come off the bench and provide scoring.

Just need to make sure his attitude is right.

seasoned vet sounding real disgruntled. I'm with DoubleJs.

Maybe he was humbled in Turkey, If he's really about helping a team win a championship in ANY capacity I'd love to see him finish out his career state side.

seasoned vet sounding real disgruntled. I'm with DoubleJs.

Maybe he was humbled in Turkey, If he's really about helping a team win a championship in ANY capacity I'd love to see him finish out his career state side.

So basically... He burned bridges and was pretty much forced to go to Turkey in order to prove he still has something to offer. As it stands, he went to Turkey and proved nothing over 10 games other than the fact that he has a new injury... but he still wants back in the league.

This dude is more ******ed than I gave him credit for.

So what gives Iverson confidence he can still play anywhere near his former elite level next season?

"It's me," he said, laughing. "That's what gives me confidence. I know what I can do. Everybody in the world knows what I can do. Everybody knows what I can do on the basketball court."

Just shut up.

So basically... He burned bridges and was pretty much forced to go to Turkey in order to prove he still has something to offer. As it stands, he went to Turkey and proved nothing over 10 games other than the fact that he has a new injury... but he still wants back in the league.

This dude is more ******ed than I gave him credit for.

So what gives Iverson confidence he can still play anywhere near his former elite level next season?

"It's me," he said, laughing. "That's what gives me confidence. I know what I can do. Everybody in the world knows what I can do. Everybody knows what I can do on the basketball court."

Just shut up.

roll.gif

....okay, you must not understand.

- EYE never said Big Dog or Nicky Van were angels.....never said they didnt burn bridges...none of that. so what does that article prove? stop skimming through and read bruh.

....what i am saying...what ive said since the start was show me when and where Big Dog or Nicky Van verbally abused their head coach in front of players, the media/public while at the same time proclaiming their worth? demanding what they deserved off of who they are in the L?  you cant.  this is why they arent comparable.  this is why Spreewell is.

- the funny part is Spreewell did it once and was canned, yet somehow AI is allowed to do it 3 times and still get another shot.  how does it taste my man?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

seasoned vet sounding real disgruntled.

....speaking the truth always sounds like that to people not used to it.

roll.gif

....okay, you must not understand.

- EYE never said Big Dog or Nicky Van were angels.....never said they didnt burn bridges...none of that. so what does that article prove? stop skimming through and read bruh.

....what i am saying...what ive said since the start was show me when and where Big Dog or Nicky Van verbally abused their head coach in front of players, the media/public while at the same time proclaiming their worth? demanding what they deserved off of who they are in the L?  you cant.  this is why they arent comparable.  this is why Spreewell is.

- the funny part is Spreewell did it once and was canned, yet somehow AI is allowed to do it 3 times and still get another shot.  how does it taste my man?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

seasoned vet sounding real disgruntled.

....speaking the truth always sounds like that to people not used to it.

Back
Top Bottom