Allen Iverson eyeing NBA comeback

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If he can check his ego and realize that he absolutely is a bench player at this point in his career (in the NBA), then I don't see why he can't make a comeback. Dude can get buckets. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see him get a ring.  My favorite player and one of the best to ever play in the league.  If they re-did the list of  the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he'd be in there. 

...cats kill me with this BS. AI has been asked 3 times to check his ego and he REFUSED. so much so, that he's resorted to cursing out and verbally disrespecting head coaches in front of other players.

Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.

- who gives a !#+$? im so tired of this excuse when it comes to cats like AI and T-Mac.....

- i cant say it loud enough:

GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

....maybe now we can get back to real basketball and a new trend in pure PG's. you can get your AI fix by watching Derrick Rose.

Sounding like a jilted ex...the %@!$ he do to you? 
laugh.gif

He may have humbled himself in Turkey.  If he never plays again in the NBA, I'm fine with it.  He had a GREAT career.  If he gets another chance, then I'm fine with it as well.  There are plenty of players who have come/gone through the NBA who have had just as many (or more) problems and STILL got other chances.  I don't see why AI is any different. 

If he can check his ego and realize that he absolutely is a bench player at this point in his career (in the NBA), then I don't see why he can't make a comeback. Dude can get buckets. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see him get a ring.  My favorite player and one of the best to ever play in the league.  If they re-did the list of  the 50 greatest players in NBA history, he'd be in there. 

...cats kill me with this BS. AI has been asked 3 times to check his ego and he REFUSED. so much so, that he's resorted to cursing out and verbally disrespecting head coaches in front of other players.

Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.
Dude can get buckets.

- who gives a !#+$? im so tired of this excuse when it comes to cats like AI and T-Mac.....

- i cant say it loud enough:

GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

....maybe now we can get back to real basketball and a new trend in pure PG's. you can get your AI fix by watching Derrick Rose.

Sounding like a jilted ex...the %@!$ he do to you? 
laugh.gif

He may have humbled himself in Turkey.  If he never plays again in the NBA, I'm fine with it.  He had a GREAT career.  If he gets another chance, then I'm fine with it as well.  There are plenty of players who have come/gone through the NBA who have had just as many (or more) problems and STILL got other chances.  I don't see why AI is any different. 

i hope the bobcats pick him up to help with scoring and to increase interest in the team. they badly need a score and someone to bring interest to charlotte basketball

i hope the bobcats pick him up to help with scoring and to increase interest in the team. they badly need a score and someone to bring interest to charlotte basketball

There are plenty of players who have come/gone through the NBA who have had just as many (or more) problems and STILL got other chances.  I don't see why AI is any different. 

....but we're not talking about his MANY problems. the ONE problem in the way is his REFUSAL to accept the role his style of play and career has reduced him to. to add to that, he was VERY vocal with his refusal, cursing out coaches about his worth in front of other players on the team bus, and he STILL got another shot with a third team after that incident and managed to do it yet again. now that's 3 times with 3 different teams. and i wouldnt doubt similar things happened in Philly but they kept it all in house.

- and you can cut that "there are plenty of players" BS right now......there aren't. the last player i can think of that was as disruptive to a team while demanding their worth at the same time was Spreewell, and we havent seen him since.

I don't see why AI is any different. 

Obviously.

You AI guys never do. yet somehow someway AI is supposed to have infinite chances after showing what he'll do with it.......

There are plenty of players who have come/gone through the NBA who have had just as many (or more) problems and STILL got other chances.  I don't see why AI is any different. 

....but we're not talking about his MANY problems. the ONE problem in the way is his REFUSAL to accept the role his style of play and career has reduced him to. to add to that, he was VERY vocal with his refusal, cursing out coaches about his worth in front of other players on the team bus, and he STILL got another shot with a third team after that incident and managed to do it yet again. now that's 3 times with 3 different teams. and i wouldnt doubt similar things happened in Philly but they kept it all in house.

- and you can cut that "there are plenty of players" BS right now......there aren't. the last player i can think of that was as disruptive to a team while demanding their worth at the same time was Spreewell, and we havent seen him since.

Obviously.

You AI guys never do. yet somehow someway AI is supposed to have infinite chances after showing what he'll do with it.......

A.I. is one of my favorite players of all time, So whatever he does I'll support that. I'd love to see dude back in the L. I doubt he can start, but coming over the bench giving instant offense is a respectable position as well, i.e Jet and Odom. Just gotta suck it up and do whats best for the team. He's older now, much.

A.I. is one of my favorite players of all time, So whatever he does I'll support that. I'd love to see dude back in the L. I doubt he can start, but coming over the bench giving instant offense is a respectable position as well, i.e Jet and Odom. Just gotta suck it up and do whats best for the team. He's older now, much.

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

AI wants to go to a contending team. 

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

AI wants to go to a contending team. 

Id love to see him with the Lakers get some scoring off the bench.

Kobe would whoop him into shape, playing each other in the gym
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Waits for CP to write an essay and he doesn't want him on HIS team
eyes.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

eek.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

.......oh man. id be all for that. DO IT MITCH!!  
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

eek.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

.......oh man. id be all for that. DO IT MITCH!!  
roll.gif

If he can play the role player spot & accept that than I can see him making a solid comeback. Not many teams will believe that though... If he gets that chance & accepts that role & I think he'd be a good addition to some winning teams.

If he can play the role player spot & accept that than I can see him making a solid comeback. Not many teams will believe that though... If he gets that chance & accepts that role & I think he'd be a good addition to some winning teams.

Obviously.

Even with all that @$!+ that went on and the Memphis debacle, he STILL got picked up by Philly.  If he does get another NBA tryout or invite to a training camp, teams will want to know where his head is at.  They'll be curious to see if his time in Turkey humbled him.  If the 2011-12 version of Iverson is a man who can accept coming off the bench in limited minutes, then he may get some consideration for a roster spot.  Shoot...if cancers like Nick Van Exel and Glenn Robinson can catch on later in the careers with reputable teams like the Spurs, then there's ALWAYS a chance for guys like AI. 

All in all...like I said before...if he's played his last game in the NBA, I'm fine with it.  However, if he catches on with another squad, I hope he gets a ring. 

Obviously.

Even with all that @$!+ that went on and the Memphis debacle, he STILL got picked up by Philly.  If he does get another NBA tryout or invite to a training camp, teams will want to know where his head is at.  They'll be curious to see if his time in Turkey humbled him.  If the 2011-12 version of Iverson is a man who can accept coming off the bench in limited minutes, then he may get some consideration for a roster spot.  Shoot...if cancers like Nick Van Exel and Glenn Robinson can catch on later in the careers with reputable teams like the Spurs, then there's ALWAYS a chance for guys like AI. 

All in all...like I said before...if he's played his last game in the NBA, I'm fine with it.  However, if he catches on with another squad, I hope he gets a ring. 

- and like i said before, the ONLY guy comparable to AI in terms of disrupting a team AND proclaiming his worth at the same time it Spreewell. Nicky Van and Glenn Robinson? stop it, you cant even use them as a comparison foreal.

...show me when and where Glenn Robinson and Nicky Van acted anywhere near AI in public/media, then still got a shot again? MATTER OF FACT show me where a Nick Van Exel, Glenn Robinson, or a Spreewell did it 3 times and STILL got another shot  
roll.gif

....thats ya mans? cool. you want him to have another shot? great. but dont be delusional, trying to turn what AI into the same thing others have done.

- ITS OVER!  go find an old version of 2K to play.....

- and like i said before, the ONLY guy comparable to AI in terms of disrupting a team AND proclaiming his worth at the same time it Spreewell. Nicky Van and Glenn Robinson? stop it, you cant even use them as a comparison foreal.

...show me when and where Glenn Robinson and Nicky Van acted anywhere near AI in public/media, then still got a shot again? MATTER OF FACT show me where a Nick Van Exel, Glenn Robinson, or a Spreewell did it 3 times and STILL got another shot  
roll.gif

....thats ya mans? cool. you want him to have another shot? great. but dont be delusional, trying to turn what AI into the same thing others have done.

- ITS OVER!  go find an old version of 2K to play.....

Back
Top Bottom