All Things Sports Media Thread!!

If you told me 10 years ago J.J. Redick was going to be the most likeable player on an actual NBA team...

Woj's site launches Friday, and JJ Redick is going to have a weekly podcast. Very excited for Redick's podcast. He's been a great guest on other podcasts, and I always knew a media career awaited him. Will be interesting to see how he conducts podcasts as a current player.
Cool.  That sounds great.

Greg Cote's "Back In My Day" segments :lol:

love when that dude is on. his new years resolution segment was hilarious

also i forgot what player it was but during the interview Cote asked him how it feels to be the MVP of his fantasy team :lol: had me rolling.

I never listened or watched lebarard's show until it started airing on espnu. I'd see a cartoon image of cote and then see him on the show and thought it was dan's dad at first but then he didn't talk in a Cuban accent.

JJ is on Woj's podcast today.

I'm really interested in seeing how JJ Redick manages this.

Living and playing in LA (during the season) provides lots of easy access to recording studios. I can see him maybe taking a week off if he's on a long road trip, or something. But his guests will essentially come to him, in a way, by just being in LA.

Basically just need a laptop to do a podcast, shouldnt be too hard for Reddick to pull off.

I like how Simmons finally acknowledged on the podcast with Barkley that they're colleagues now lol. Technically, they work for the same parent company, just different divisions. Would be fun to see Simmons on Inside or NBA TV sometime.

I had the same thought when I heard that. I think they'll give him an entire pre-recorded segment on Inside the NBA He's going to be a big piece in HBO Now, that'll be tied into it where he'll have a show and something like that segment.

Basically just need a laptop to do a podcast, shouldnt be too hard for Reddick to pull off.

He makes millions of dollars I think he could spare a few hundred for some mics though???? :lol:

yeah, its not like he'll have to book studio time tho. WOJ probably got him a producer too so it shouldnt be too much work for dude.

It'll be interesting to see what players do his podcast, if he'll be grabbing an individual or maybe a former teammate from the opposing team the Clippers play on road trips and what not.

SI.com has learned that Keyshawn Johnson will not be returning to ESPN following the conclusion of his contract, which ends at the end of this NFL season. Johnson joined ESPN in 2007 as an NFL studio analyst on the same day he announced his retirement from the National Football League. He had appeared on various ESPN and ESPN Radio programs over the years including ESPN’s highest profile NFL studio show. The network opted not to renew his contract.

Johnson leaving Countdown could be the first of a series of moves for the show over the next 24 months. The contracts of Chris Berman and analyst Mike Ditka are believed to expire after the 2016 NFL season.

Jonah Keri is joining CBS Sports to cover baseball and pop culture

After leaving Grantland and ESPN, Jonah Keri is quickly becoming one of the busiest men in sports media.

Earlier this month Keri announced he was joining Sports Illustrated and MLB Network. It was later revealed that he would be doing a podcast for Nerdist. Now CBS Sports will make it official today that Keri is joining them to cover baseball, and perhaps more interestingly, pop culture, for CBSSports.com.

Last edited:

I mean yeah, I'm more interested in how much he's really willing to share with the audience and if that'll bother any of his teammates.

It'll be interesting to see what players do his podcast, if he'll be grabbing an individual or maybe a former teammate from the opposing team the Clippers play on road trips and what not.

This sounds awesome.

Last edited:
Hopefully Reddick is a good interviewer, I hate when shows get people on and cant get them to open up or they jump all over the place cause they cant segway into other topics and make it sound organic.

It really is an art.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom