All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Katie Nolan

Live show - an hour in length - for 5 consecutive days during Super Bowl week.

It's a tarp..

What you mean? Show's not so bad for them being live this week instead of taped. I think it was only 30 minutes yesterday because of college basketball.

What you mean? Show's not so bad for them being live this week instead of taped. I think it was only 30 minutes yesterday because of college basketball.

I said that out of context, I think she's understaffed and overworked. They've been putting her in tough spots since this.

http://deadspin.com/katie-nolan-devastates-co-workers-horrible-blog-on-garb-1697415399

They were/are basically cultivating Clay Travis to be their Skip Bayless. The station's lightning rod, if you will and you will.

My dude Robert Flores a real one.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If you guys had to choose between working for espn or fs1, which would you choose? I like how fs1 sort of lets you be yourself a little and you don't have to be kid friendly because you're not owned by disney. I know the network is still trying to get established and get their own on air personalities. I would consider espn because of all the perks working for disney and getting tickets to marvel and star wars stuff. Also the hot blondes and hot blonde milfs that they always hire. The show I like the best is Highly Questionable because they're allowed to be funny and don't have to be pc buttkissers.

Also sportsnation had Kaileigh Brandt on yesterday who i've never seen before and wow. She needs to be on tv all the time. sn has had some fire with the women they bring on there with her, Win McMurry, Melanie Collins, and Kelli Tennant.

Last edited:
If you guys had to choose between working for espn or fs1, which would you choose? I like how fs1 sort of lets you be yourself a little and you don't have to be kid friendly because you're not owned by disney. I know the network is still trying to get established and get their own on air personalities. I would consider espn because of all the perks working for disney and getting tickets to marvel and star wars stuff. Also the hot blondes and hot blonde milfs that they always hire. The show I like the best is Highly Questionable because they're allowed to be funny and don't have to be pc buttkissers.

Well Papi is the only ESPN member who can not only attack other ESPN members but he can also curse which is :rofl: and Dan if you listen to his radio show is always willing to do somehing funny and if he gets fired he seems cool with it which is why I like him and his shows so much.

I think I would want to be on Fs1 and try to build something. I feel with ESPN if you don't follow their style sometimes you can be replaced easily. I'd be more interested in doing radio over TV. Plus with FS1 it'd be an up hill challenge because the mothership has the rights to all the pro stuff.

Man Lowe grilled vinny :lol:

basically the opposite of thibs interview

Vinny one good? Or is Lowe just grilling him all pod?

Listen to Lebatard live or on the pod.
Simmons has been great. My guy House :smokin
Bomani is really good and feel like people are sleeping on him. Or just badgering him on Twitter calling him a racist.

It was a good listen, forgot a lot about the clippers teams he coached. I think vinny is basically someone who is not self aware and hasn't caught up with the times of today's NBA star.

I been listening to bo since BS got suspended. Sometimes he reaches on topics. But his shows are smart and relevant.

I listened to both parts, interesting conversation regarding Paul George but I'd agree with the scout that two months isn't enough to jump off the opinion that he's a star. And he's still working his way back from an injury most would be taking every other game off for.

DL: "Harden took over the game against Utah when they played last, mostly him isolated on the perimeter and breaking down his man and Houston won, but when the team got on the bus after the game - and maybe I'm imagining this - Harden was the only one who looked happy that they won."

Scout: "Westbrook ... he's a baller, not a hooper ... Harden won't dive for a loose ball... he won't get on the floor ... yet, he's not willing to give the ball up in late-game situations."

:pimp:

The way he was talking about the possibility of a CP3-Kyrie trade... Hmm... Honestly, it would make so much sense for both sides. I really don't think LAC would even beat OKC, let alone GSW, so IMO they need to procure a future of Kyrie+Blake+DeAndre.

Kyrie would hurt DeAndre's impact as a rim-rolling big because he'll never be as good as CP3 is at facilitating that, even when Kyrie's in his prime ... but 1.) I don't think BG or KL have reached their offensive ceilings yet 2.) The lack of a short-term future in LAC is apparent, and I already can hear people talking, 'Kyrie and Blake together wouldn't work' which would be a seemingly-cool-but-incredibly-dumb/overrated-take. What's better, that - or no significant accolades in 3 years and no one wants CP3 from you anymore, and it's Blake and DeAndre and no one. For the Cavs, you make that trade and deal for someone elsewhere that'll be a better matchup with Draymond than the current options in CLE. You make two trades like that and you're as close as anyone has to being ready to face the Beast in the Bay.

What'd you think about what they said re: Ant and Towns?

Last edited:
Not sure about the analysis of Davis not having the dog in him, but I very much agree that Towns could win MVP before Davis does.

I only gave it consideration when Locke replied with "people in the league had told him 'this would happen' before the season" or something along those lines shortly after the scout said that.

Unless Locke's lying, altering what was actually said because he's Clemens "misremembering" consciously or unconsciously, etc. ... then that's interesting to me because then there's multiple people who arrived at the same thought, and for that to happen there would have to be something there that's rubbing multiple people the wrong way.

I don't think Towns will win an MVP before Davis. Minnesota has several hurdles to overcome before reaching relevance (having veterans that can play legitimate minutes and not ones that are 39, having shooters that can be consistent and not ones that are 19, hiring a coach that won't provide scouting reports on his own players' weaknesses unprompted, etc.)

As many problems as there are in New Orleans, a lot of them are attributed to injuries. I disagree with the notion of Alvin Gentry holding back the team. He's played Tyreke too much and allowed him to freelance on offense like he's not broke or anything (r-knee injury right now, but we're talking about the season), he's had games where he's burnt all the team's TO's and left himself none at the end, but there are like 4-5 coaches in the league that can avoid committing some of the media's deadly sins over the course of November-April.

Thibs and a few others are jobless and better options, yes. But nearly every other alternative would probably have this team around .500 or worse because of the injuries they sustained early and often. Even Thibs. Alexis Ajinca played almost 10 minutes last night, Dante Cunnngham's played over 30 minutes last night and he's been profoundly awful this year compared to his prior years. This is more so on Dell Demps, who already had a pseudo-good supporting cast surrounding Davis when healthy. The cupboard's even more empty when some of those supporting players with glaring weaknesses have to sit down and

Last edited:
Damn. Apparently Julie Stewart-Binks is getting mad hate on twitter. Since when is getting a pg-13 lapdance make someone a big ****? Glad i'm not on twitter because it seems like 99% of it are people waiting to hate on you.

Back
Top Bottom