All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Hopefully Reddick is a good interviewer, I hate when shows get people on and cant get them to open up or they jump all over the place cause they cant segway into other topics and make it sound organic.

It really is an art.
This is actually something SImmons is very good at, turning it into a conversation.

So many horrible interviewers out there just throwing random rapid-fire questions.  So boring to listen to.

Hopefully Reddick is a good interviewer, I hate when shows get people on and cant get them to open up or they jump all over the place cause they cant segway into other topics and make it sound organic.

It really is an art.

This is actually something SImmons is very good at, turning it into a conversation.

So many horrible interviewers out there just throwing random rapid-fire questions.  So boring to listen to.
This is what doomed Simmons at NBA Countdown. He should've done one on one interviews instead of being stuck on the panel.

Would be fun to see Simmons on Inside or NBA TV sometime.
I guess NBA TV (depending on the show/format), but I wouldn't want Simmons on Inside. He just wouldn't mesh with those dudes since it's two completely different styles. Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely tune in just to see how a cameo turns out. That's not a collabo I'd look forward to though. Not on that show.

I don't really think Simmons belongs on a traditional studio show in any context.  Very few people (the TNT crew) can make that format work and he is not one of them.  I don't know if his HBO show will be a talk show or something else.

they really should have gone full steam with what grantland was doing.. informal setting.. then you have bill and jalen as the known guys.. throw jacoby in as the host (could have beadle as the female.. or go hard after Katie Nolan.. or bring in the chick that moved on to HBO with bill from grantland that does NBA stuff)

you can have guest come on, like Zach lowe.. other espn personalities.. athletes

you aren't going succeed trying to copy TNT, cause very few can get away with what barkley does (plus that rapport with jet and ernie).. you have to do what works for the people involved

Last edited:
Would be fun to see Simmons on Inside or NBA TV sometime.

I guess NBA TV (depending on the show/format), but I wouldn't want Simmons on Inside. He just wouldn't mesh with those dudes since it's two completely different styles. Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely tune in just to see how a cameo turns out. That's not a collabo I'd look forward to though. Not on that show.

listening to barkley on the BS podcast, you can tell theres a huge difference between chuck and his style and analysis vs simmons. if he was on inside, i dont think many of his jokes or references would really work

The Harlem Globetrotters are corny. But they got good hearts. RESPECT. Hella feel good. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

dudes voice is smooth. I dont think I ever would have checked for a jared dudley interview but it ended up being interesting.

also how is game of thrones dudley's favorite show but he kept calling it games of throne. 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
^
He probably believes there is only one true king and the rest are pretenders / usurpers.

It was a podcast paying homage to the Warriors, alpha dog-ism, and the Celtics. So basically your typical BS podcast since November.

Watching katie nolan's live show from sf. At first she had what looked like 20 people in the crowd. Now it looks like 7-8 people.

It was a podcast paying homage to the Warriors, alpha dog-ism, and the Celtics. So basically your typical BS podcast since November.

Really, since 2012 if we can replace Warriors with Spurs/Heat.

dudes voice is smooth. I dont think I ever would have checked for a jared dudley interview but it ended up being interesting.

also how is game of thrones dudley's favorite show but he kept calling it games of throne. 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Dudley is always good. He's been on Lowe's pod before. 

Was I the only one who thought that Redick's voice sounded a little like Lowe? 
laugh.gif

Since the crowning of Lowe, he's been overdoing his rhetoric. His grandiose, 17th century delivery would be too much if his takes weren't so hot.

Last edited:
Vinny must be trying to get his name out there again. I felt like I was listening to an interview in his podcasts with Woj and Lowe.

Y'all got to listen to bomani's show from today (weds).. Dude broke down national signing day using the Mack.. Like dude played clips from the movie referencing every situation in college ball

Y'all gotta at least listen to the first hour the show, it's right at the beginning.. That knowledge

Man Lowe grilled vinny :lol:

basically the opposite of thibs interview

Vinny one good? Or is Lowe just grilling him all pod?

Listen to Lebatard live or on the pod.
Simmons has been great. My guy House :smokin
Bomani is really good and feel like people are sleeping on him. Or just badgering him on Twitter calling him a racist.

Back
Top Bottom