All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Plus Disney filters folks too much. Fox Sports seems pretty loose with things because that Travis clay dude be saying borderline prejudice **** on Twitter every week :lol: :smh:

Honestly I don't know who she is and thought she was an actress until I noticed the pod stayed on the topic of sports

EXACTLY what I was thinking the other day ... I had no idea he actually had a son named Ben aside from Ben Simmons of LSU. :lol:

Woj got a podcast, had Adam Silver as his first guess. 28-minute bit, don't know if they'll be longer in the future but thing was No. 3 on the entire iTunes charts, not just sectioned off into a certain category. No. 3 overall :smokin :wow:

Last edited:
EXACTLY what I was thinking the other day ... I had no idea he actually had a son named Ben aside from Ben Simmons of LSU. :lol:

Woj got a podcast, had Adam Silver as his first guess. 28-minute bit, don't know if they'll be longer in the future but thing was No. 3 on the entire iTunes charts, not just sectioned off into a certain category. No. 3 overall :smokin :wow:

The main iTunes list is based off new subscribers. An NBA podcast launched by Woj (with Silver as his first guest) is going to skyrocket to the top. It's actually already dropping off a bit. That's why you'll see random podcasts on there when someone launches a new one.

:lol:

ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike to be inducted into the Broadcasting Hall of Fame

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg, hosts of ESPN Radio’s weekday morning show “Mike & Mike,” will be inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Broadcasting Hall of Fame. The induction will occur during the NAB Show Radio Luncheon, held Tuesday, April 19 in Las Vegas and sponsored by ASCAP.

Since 2000, “Mike & Mike” has covered top sports news, games and drama. Golic and Greenberg’s contrasting personalities and witty rapport is a highlight of each broadcast. The show airs weekday mornings and is available on ESPN Radio and on ESPN affiliates across the country. In March 2015, the program celebrated its 15th anniversary with a special show from Walt Disney World in Orlando.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45  

laugh.gif

ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike to be inducted into the Broadcasting Hall of Fame

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg, hosts of ESPN Radio’s weekday morning show “Mike & Mike,” will be inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Broadcasting Hall of Fame. The induction will occur during the NAB Show Radio Luncheon, held Tuesday, April 19 in Las Vegas and sponsored by ASCAP.

Since 2000, “Mike & Mike” has covered top sports news, games and drama. Golic and Greenberg’s contrasting personalities and witty rapport is a highlight of each broadcast. The show airs weekday mornings and is available on ESPN Radio and on ESPN affiliates across the country. In March 2015, the program celebrated its 15th anniversary with a special show from Walt Disney World in Orlando.
106973237.gif

Cornballs around the nation rejoice. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Not to hate, but these are the dudes in radio or podcasting I - right now - can't stand for even a second: Joe House, Sean Fennessy, Shannon (Bomani's producer), maybe Tate from Simmons' pod (dude has been off on every stat he's thrown out there so far :lol: )

bill simmons is starting to go off the rails a bit. some of his comments are getting ridiculous.

in his pod with house he said the wolves need to get rid of sam mitchell because he's hindering KAT development. in his place just have a player coach :lol:

He wasn't seriously suggesting that :lol: He was just saying having no coach is better than having Sam Mitchell or Byron Scott lead

He's seemed different a bit since returning ... some awkward moments in the pod with K.Nolan I've never heard out of him before, said right before the season "no team with Anthony Davis will ever lose 50 games again, I'm sick of [the talk]" ... I don't need him becoming a hyperbolic chamber / caricature of himself.

Bill used to say some pretty outrageous things before when he was with ESPN. He's notched that up even more smh. With that said, I was dying for more Bill podcasts while he was on hiatus so I'm not going to take it for granted again

He's seemed different a bit since returning ... some awkward moments in the pod with K.Nolan I've never heard out of him before, said right before the season "no team with Anthony Davis will ever lose 50 games again, I'm sick of [the talk]" ... I don't need him becoming a hyperbolic chamber / caricature of himself.

He's always been that way, though. In regards to a player-coach in Minnesota, he wasn't being serious. He's basically saying anything is better than Sam Mitchell at this point. As for a team with AD should win 50 games, well usually that comes with the caveat of a team having competent players. The Pels are a mess because of tons of injuries and AD is being double and triple-teamed every time he gets the ball. So, he has to dump it off to who?

Yeah, well Bill said that after the injuries had happened and the weeks/months they were expecting miss were already known.

Your last sentence was the reasoning behind what I said. It was without a doubt one of the dumbest things he's ever said.

Last edited:
meh I'm enjoying Bill. Not expecting him to be the second coming of Coach Hubie Brown
laugh.gif

Dude is an extreme sports fans who isn't shy about his opinion whether it's right or downright a head scratcher. I like the no filter thing, that's him. Always been him

Mike idiot Greenberg and Mike clown show Golic. Both dudes are terrible.

They are the most generic people. I guess that's why they're so popular. So vanilla and basic. golic needs to get headkicked whenever he goes on a rant.

Not to hate, but these are the dudes in radio or podcasting I - right now - can't stand for even a second: Joe House, Sean Fennessy, Shannon (Bomani's producer), maybe Tate from Simmons' pod (dude has been off on every stat he's thrown out there so far :lol: )

I actually like when Bomanis producer gets on the mic. Hes usually pretty funny.

On a side note, how does dan le batard's dad have a heisman vote? Does he do other journalistic kinda stuff besides Highly Questionable?

On a side note, how does dan le batard's dad have a heisman vote? Does he do other journalistic kinda stuff besides Highly Questionable?

There are 870 Heisman voters. 145 each from six regions around the country. This is why random-*** local radio guys with no affiliation to the sport get votes. It's insane. This is also why it favors players in the central and east time zones. I read somewhere that McAffery (the dude from Stanford) had seven games start after 10 pm on the East Coast. Most of the voters are either asleep, drunk at a bar, or just tired of watching football all day. Even a night game in Tuscaloosa starts no later than 8:30 (on the East Coast), so that's manageable. I watched multiple marquee Pac-12 games that didn't end until after 2:30 am on the East Coast.

Back
Top Bottom