Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I too hope they are an NDC release. I want the grey and/or reds if I can get them.

On a good note I was able to find another pair of Jokers to replace my defective pair. Going to hoop in them today. :smokin

Played in my replacement Jokers twice for about 5-6 hrs total. The toes on each shoe are starting to separate already. Not happy. >:

Seems like the quality control is much better on the later releases than the first few colorways. I guess I'll just have to return them and try for the elephant prints or SEs.

Last edited:
I'm over these. Ive bought 5 pair of XX8s and would have bought even more had they released a fraction of all the dope colorways we've only seen pictures of. Feels like Jordan Brand just kinda gave up on them. At this point Ive lost all interest in this shoe and wish I hadn't bought as many as I did.
Pretty much where I'm at. Would have gotten the lakers and white hardwood but I'm tired of JB's stupid game of hardly releasing their flagship model

eastbay confirmed will have both CWs on 9/21

still nothing from finishline ?

greys are a MAYBE for me at this point

reds are a pass 

Last edited:
just might pay the $50 over retail to grab the greys off ebay 

so sick of having to fight to find/buy these shoes !

for $50 it seems it might be well worth it ? 

Full retail is simply too much for me, when I add international shipping. Id consider the lakers or bamboos, but all the other wearable pairs it's heaps.
I hate this release. NONE came to my gee damn major city. Not a single *** pair.

Last edited:
I'm over these. Ive bought 5 pair of XX8s and would have bought even more had they released a fraction of all the dope colorways we've only seen pictures of. Feels like Jordan Brand just kinda gave up on them. At this point Ive lost all interest in this shoe and wish I hadn't bought as many as I did.

Very well said. I have the Blue Camo's and the Carbon Fiber's. I wanted to get both JBC's but of course they don't release those and they release other subpar colorways. It's disappointing how they handled the XX8.

Very well said. I have the Blue Camo's and the Carbon Fiber's. I wanted to get both JBC's but of course they don't release those and they release other subpar colorways. It's disappointing how they handled the XX8.
I agree in the start everything looked promising for the shoe but JB treats this model as a qs every time a cw releases which is a weird thing to do for your flagship model imo

Yes and no, it possibly sets up the flag ship for failure in the sense of no high numbers being reached but in subsequent models like the superfly, the xx8 se, melo m10 that will be using almost similar technology, the people that couldn't afford the price tag or found he shroud ugly will fork over more cash.

Also any leads for sz 9.5 carbons?

MSG to JB. If I can't get an xx8, I will NOT buy a lite or similar model. If they were worth the price, i might buy them in their own merit. Buying another shoe when missing a different one is just stupid. Do you think your customers are stupid ?

Don't answer that.

That happens all the time...people that missed out on the db3 re release went crazy for the toro 4. You maybe a minority in your thinking.
However most of the Jordan's weren't all that difficult to get at release date. I didn't take a liking to them untill after the carbon release. I didn't know there was a following for these shoes since most people kept stating they were ugly and overpriced.

That happens all the time...people that missed out on the db3 re release went crazy for the toro 4. You maybe a minority in your thinking.
However most of the Jordan's weren't all that difficult to get at release date. I didn't take a liking to them untill after the carbon release. I didn't know there was a following for these shoes since most people kept stating they were ugly and overpriced.

Bad example. The Toro IV's came out before the DB 3 re-release. But in general, this does happen.

Ya example was ehh, but they did sit on shelves, they sold out and were in more demand after the db3 release, noticed prices increase least in my shoe group. 

i mean it seams like jb/ nike is testing marketing strategies.....perhaps they feel they can alienate the JB target market more than the nike group. 

I mean if you can get shot over concords...you can buy 250 basketball shoes for retail . 

Back
Top Bottom