Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Thats awesome. But I would beware of the upper durabuck cracking. The back/heel tabs as well. Assuming its the original tabs. ?
Yes, original tabs.

I've already got one pair of 99s re-soled but haven't worn them yet.

This pair has already cracked in storage, just not all-over.

I'm trying mink oil, it's kept the suede good on a pair of 2000 6s so far. I'll keep you guys updated.

Getting these re-soled by @BigSparky1316 They're almost done.

The shape :wow: is unbelievable, the crap they put out now is almost an entirely different shoe.

These will be for every day wear.

Resized_20220125_090257.jpeg

Shape? This looks like a cake I can cut into. :lol:

The IIIs are the only shoe I find uncomfortable and I had the OGs. There fine casually for about an hour. The IXs and XXIIIs are great casually but not for hooping. Very surprised some felt the XVIII and XIX wasn’t comfortable I would put those towards the top. II, XX, and XXII is very underrated.
Ive had some form of every AJ from 1-28 (OG to Retro) and the 34se. The only really comfortable pair for the whole day is absolutely the XX2. They are like pillows.

For real. My how times have changed.

I won the lottery on 5/4

Sold them when I hit Rock bottom, bought 2 pairs when I got a new job, bought 3 more during 2020, sold them all for way more than I paid because I couldn’t turn down the price offers when funemployment was hittin, and then last year I copped 2 DS pairs.

Yes the shape doesn’t mirror the ‘99 and def not the ‘89, but I’ll take them over the 2012 retro. They still look so bad ***, and I people still covet these. Dude was checking my pair out meanwhile I’m checking out his black cat 4 retro’s. Now that’s a colorways I’m shocked about! And I passed on those at retail.

You can't be rockin 2012 "Playoff" 12's in the other thread, and then come in here and say these joints are less than sufficient.

Where's the consistency?
I like the 4s more than the 12s. It's my opinion, and I have OG 12s anyway.

What consistency are you looking for? You think I said ALL-OG everything?

Last edited:
You can't be rockin 2012 "Playoff" 12's in the other thread, and then come in here and say these joints are less than sufficient.

Where's the consistency?
Now look at the differences in the 99 4s and the 2019. At minimum, the whole front/toe/vamp section is different.

Two different 99s both from different runs.

2019 is in first pic on the left.

20211014_141837.jpg

Resized_20220125_090257.jpeg

Show me the differences in the shape, thats what we're talking about.

I posted pics to show there is hardly any.
Hear what your saying and respect your view but for me its a thing of quality and shape.
Perhaps the featured pair shape wise is comparitive but for me most 12s are way off the mark from original run to the point i refuse to acknowledge most entries.
- current 12s feature awkward smashed banana shape sun patches.
- uppers are plush and bulky vs having a nice elegant tapered look.
- sun rays are stitched on vs being individually parted.
- **** for leather with pebble effect being etched* on vs selecting cuts featuring pebbles.
- midsoles had pigment added to the mold not just one base color while applying paint to the rear.
- lace loops are plastic not metal and most if not all use the same exact carbon plate in color.

"Quality" inspired use to mean something, now its just a tag thrown on trash and sold as a 12 for the unknowing masses to salivate over.
They need do better but if not and others enjoy hey good on them, i just strongly encourage those people to never get ahold of a solid pair of OGs because they wont be able to look at any retro the same again.
( end rant )
id share some photos of OGs vs retros on hand but dont wanna high jack the thread any more than it already has. Id be willing to carry it over to the 12 thread however and snap some flicks if anyones intrested in continuing the OG vs retro 12 debate.
Not as critical of the 4s as they were prior to me getting into shoes but 12s are my favorite model so the expectation is very high and are long overdue for them to get the 11 treatment of a return to quality.

Last edited:
I owned the 1999, 2008 CDP and 2012 and 2019’s. In my opinion, aside from the misaligned “Nike Air”, they are not bad for a nostalgic feel. The boxy toe box issue is not on all pairs. Depends on the production date. My only gripe was with the pinky toe pain. I figured out which pairs did it specifically. The 2019’s are worth it in my opinion since you can wear them too.
E667FB2A-DFCE-4F07-BC72-76377BAA8524.jpeg
39BAE527-F492-49CD-9862-45A5C5B31BFC.jpeg

Hear what your saying and respect your view but for me its a thing of quality and shape.
Perhaps the featured pair shape wise is comparitive but for me most 12s are way off the mark from original run to the point i refuse to acknowledge most entries.
- current 12s have this awkward smashed banna shape sun patches.
- uppers are plush and bulky vs having a nice elegant tapered look.
- sun rays are stitched on vs being individually parted.
- **** for leather with pebble effect being etched* on vs selecting cuts featuring pebbles.
- midsoles had pigment added to the mold not just one base color while applying paint to the rear.
- lace loops are plastic not metal and most if not all use the same exact carbon plate in color.

"Quality" inspired use to mean something, now its just a tag thrown on trash and sold as a 12 for the unknowing masses to salivate over.
They need do better but if not and others enjoy hey good on them, i just strongly encourage those people to never get ahold of a solid pair of OGs because they wont be able to look at any retro the same again.
( end rant )
id share some photos of OGs vs retros on hand but dont wanna high jack the thread any more than it already has. Id be willing to carry it over to the 12 thread however and snap some flicks if anyones intrested in continuing the OG vs retro 12 debate.
Not as critical of the 4s as they were prior to me getting into shoes but 12s are my favorite model so the expectation is very high and are long overdue for them to get the 11 treatment of a return to quality.
Completely agree, but we were just talking shape.

I feel like shape is the first thing that stands out.

Quality, every retro probably lost some quality.

You're on point though and that's a good analysis. Definitely bookmarking that post.💯

The shape talk just wears me out to be honest. I either buy them cuz I like them, or dont. If the shape ruins my day that much, I stay away. Pretty simple. Enjoy for what they are. Changing certain colors on an OG retro or shrinking Jumpmans gets me pissed. No reason to do any of that. But they have for sure over the years.
To be that mad over things they do to these retroes and still buy makes Nike laugh. "Hate the shape but still down for 2 pair" Nike wins lol. As long as they get your $, they dont care. Keep on *****in cause sometimes they do listen, most of the time they dont.

Back
Top Bottom