What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
These will Bebe luck of the draw. Here are two size 10 pairs that have EP similar to how things have been. It’s almost identical to my true blues which are size 10 too.
0A636B90-1237-487B-934B-FDF587E4B7A0.jpeg

6EA9637E-D869-41E1-8BD7-5D77223E90F3.jpeg

This pair is a size 8. All of them on eBay
AA49EF63-0724-432A-B68E-A9EE22C751D9.jpeg

Like, who else would get so butthurt over such legitimate complaints?

The kicker is when they say "all these people complaining, we'll see what happens on the 17th"

Word? You'll see what happens?

Let me fast forward for you then. I'll cop 1 pair but only 1 considering what these pics are looking like, I'll let Nike think they might have another pair sold for a minute, then if they arrive and still look like 90s fakes I'm sending them back without hesitation. And I imagine there are many others just like me.

Seeing these things in Outlets would be a sweet revenge for the trolling they did to us.

People complaining about complainers, and all the other "nonsense" occurring in this thread, illustrates that some amongst us don't understand the bigger picture.

Yes, I have no doubt this release will sell out at retail. So what? It's beside the point. Perhaps not in the short term, but again, so what? Here's the deal: Jordan has several products in its historical portfolio that command a passion and emotional investment in said products’ loyal fans. That level of passion and emotional investment is something any brand on the planet would KILL for. It's not something easily bought by marketing campaigns. Rather, these shoes represent for a lot of us a time and place that we'll never see again. At its core, it's the entire reason Jordan exists as its own entity to this day: because of the outrageous things MJ did in these various sneakers.

So, at a time when Jordan has lost market share, and when basketball shoes in general have waned in popularity, it might just make sense to some of us that there is no more logical time for Jordan to finally do this particular model right. But instead, it elects to produce probably one of the worst renditions of an OG III yet. It's really confounding to see, because as I noted, this is one product in particular that has something extra in terms of the emotions it inspires in a vocal and painfully loyal segment of its fanbase. Water down the product and disappoint those people enough times over enough years, and you've made some of us feel like this isn't even the same shoe anymore. And if it's not the same, then it no longer holds nearly as much value to the very people who played a part in making it so coveted in the first place. In other words, it's rather interesting to see a company with a product that comes from a position of insane popularity and cultural sway, and rather than being mindful of the position it occupies and maintaining or even improving upon that status, the company repeatedly erodes the product to the point that some of the loyalists don't even care about it anymore. Talk about shooting yourself in the Jordan. It's just an eyebrow-raising approach to business. But hey, Blackberry thought it would be on top forever, too.

The real question is whether those Nike representatives in NT are getting the feedback to the right execs at Nike, and if so, if those execs really care. Many may not even understand the complaints thinking it's good enough. After all, they always sell out. The fact that they did make noticeable improvements to some other models infers that they are listening, and capable, which does adds to the disappointment. That said, how much market share do NT purchases really represent? Negligible? Once all of the truly passionates and old heads move on/stop buying, the brand still has to live on, and maybe correcting the mold and details just isn't what the current Nike thinks is a priority. Only time will tell. And truthfully, even a perfect replication of the OG probably isn't JB's largest problem when it comes to trying to keep retro Jordans/BB shoes, or the brand in general relevant and thriving. As we've seen, many of the younger generation don't even prefer the OG shape anyway; recent Bordeaux is a good example. Clearly the passion over at Nike has retired; this is all a marketing jigsaw puzzle at this point, and I don't think perfect OG replications will change much over the long run....regrettably. I'm just happy they're still making retros that I can buy and enjoy wearing. The whole retro concept was genius!

People complaining about complainers, and all the other "nonsense" occurring in this thread, illustrates that some amongst us don't understand the bigger picture.

Yes, I have no doubt this release will sell out at retail. So what? It's beside the point. Perhaps not in the short term, but again, so what? Here's the deal: Jordan has several products in its historical portfolio that command a passion and emotional investment in said products’ loyal fans. That level of passion and emotional investment is something any brand on the planet would KILL for. It's not something easily bought by marketing campaigns. Rather, these shoes represent for a lot of us a time and place that we'll never see again. At its core, it's the entire reason Jordan exists as its own entity to this day: because of the outrageous things MJ did in these various sneakers.

So, at a time when Jordan has lost market share, and when basketball shoes in general have waned in popularity, it might just make sense to some of us that there is no more logical time for Jordan to finally do this particular model right. But instead, it elects to produce probably one of the worst renditions of an OG III yet. It's really confounding to see, because as I noted, this is one product in particular that has something extra in terms of the emotions it inspires in a vocal and painfully loyal segment of its fanbase. Water down the product and disappoint those people enough times over enough years, and you've made some of us feel like this isn't even the same shoe anymore. And if it's not the same, then it no longer holds nearly as much value to the very people who played a part in making it so coveted in the first place. In other words, it's rather interesting to see a company with a product that comes from a position of insane popularity and cultural sway, and rather than being mindful of the position it occupies and maintaining or even improving upon that status, the company repeatedly erodes the product to the point that some of the loyalists don't even care about it anymore. Talk about shooting yourself in the Jordan. It's just an eyebrow-raising approach to business. But hey, Blackberry thought it would be on top forever, too.

Real ******* talk!

LL.gif

The real question is whether those Nike representatives in NT are getting the feedback to the right execs at Nike, and if so, if those execs really care. Many may not even understand the complaints thinking it's good enough. After all, they always sell out. The fact that they did make noticeable improvements to some other models infers that they are listening, and capable, which does adds to the disappointment. That said, how much market share do NT purchases really represent? Negligible? Once all of the truly passionates and old heads move on/stop buying, the brand still has to live on, and maybe correcting the mold and details just isn't what the current Nike thinks is a priority. Only time will tell. And truthfully, even a perfect replication of the OG probably isn't JB's largest problem when it comes to trying to keep retro Jordans/BB shoes, or the brand in general relevant and thriving. As we've seen, many of the younger generation don't even prefer the OG shape anyway; recent Bordeaux is a good example. Clearly the passion over at Nike has retired; this is all a marketing jigsaw puzzle at this point, and I don't think perfect OG replications will change much over the long run....regrettably. I'm just happy they're still making retros that I can buy and enjoy wearing. The whole retro concept was genius!

"Only time will tell" anything. Trouble is, once it tells whatever it is going to tell, it's too late to go back and make changes for the better.
To be clear, I am not suggesting I think Jordan will be out of business in the near future. What I AM saying is, taking a product's popularity for granted is, over the real long haul, an incredibly risky proposition, perhaps even more so in the fickle world of casual and sport-inspired fashion. While the peeps at Jordan seem confused as to what to do, part of the answer is staring them in the face: generate buzz over products because the products are genuinely THAT good. No, making exact retros of the classics isn't the ONLY thing this company needs to concern itself with business-wise. But it should be an important one in the context of the long-range future. Once upon a time, the people running Ferrari thought they could survive on the name and the prancing horse logo, as if that was enough to convince people to buy and be seen in its cars. But when people started realizing the cars were overpriced garbage, Ferrari was THIS close to going under. No company is immune no matter how powerful it might appear.

"Only time will tell" anything. Trouble is, once it tells whatever it is going to tell, it's too late to go back and make changes for the better.
To be clear, I am not suggesting I think Jordan will be out of business in the near future. What I AM saying is, taking a product's popularity for granted is, over the real long haul, an incredibly risky proposition, perhaps even more so in the fickle world of casual and sport-inspired fashion. While the peeps at Jordan seem confused as to what to do, part of the answer is staring them in the face: generate buzz over products because the products are genuinely THAT good. No, making exact retros of the classics isn't the ONLY thing this company needs to concern itself with business-wise. But it should be an important one in the context of the long-range future. Once upon a time, the people running Ferrari thought they could survive on the name and the prancing horse logo, as if that was enough to convince people to buy and be seen in its cars. But when people started realizing the cars were overpriced garbage, Ferrari was THIS close to going under. No company is immune no matter how powerful it might appear.

100% agreed!

On another note, if I get these, I may sell my RFxJordan 3 black cement. Not sure when I'd wear those over these....

Last edited:
Alright, it is my time to say something. I understand why people are complaining about this shoe and others in general; they are really passionate about them. Seeing people actually writing dissertations about the shoes shows that and the memories they had with said shoe. It gives me a better understanding of that person's view and is also informative. As people, we need to understand each other and where they're coming from. You don't have to agree but at least show them the respect that you yourself would want.

Back
Top Bottom