Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

that makes no sense, why do it for these shoes but the Bred XI's it was 2 per from what i read...
mean.gif
Beats me......if rumors are true....they could be limiting the release and holding pairs back....but thats just me guessing. Here's what's on Nike's website.

Celebrating the 23rd anniversary of the original release, the White/Fire Red-Black launches January 26th on Nike.com.

It’s gotta be the shoes.

Air Jordan 5 Retro

Price: $160

Limit 1 per customer

Sizes: 7-12 13, 14, 15

that makes no sense, why do it for these shoes but the Bred XI's it was 2 per from what i read... :smh:

Makes plenty of sense if Nike is holding more inventory for themselves on the limited GR's, but the massive GR's like this one get larger distribution to all retail channels, making Nike's own inventory less than other releases. The BRed XI had 500K pairs made and is really an outlier in terms of production numbers. We can argue demand, but the limits are more about how much Nike/NDC has to offer. I doubt this run is more than 200-250K so it'd make sense to limit it to 1 per rather than 2 per for a release like the XI that was twice as big.

8am eastern, 7am central

Yea that's what I meant I forgot i'm central lol.

Hopefully it will be as easy a cop as the Breds were for me on NDC. I didn't realize so many people did raffles down here. Damn near every store did raffles.

Just called my local mom and pop. Opening at 9:30 first come first serve.

Hopefully the asian dude reseller I kept running into with the IV's isn't around. Dude had me steaming. I was pulling up 5 minutes after at 3 different stores. Then he wouldn't trade me my true size when his whole back seat was stocked :lol:

Just called my local mom and pop. Opening at 9:30 first come first serve.

Hopefully the asian dude reseller I kept running into with the IV's isn't around. Dude had me steaming. I was pulling up 5 minutes after at 3 different stores. Then he wouldn't trade me my true size when his whole back seat was stocked :lol:

he woulda got snuffed & left with nothing...

i hate dudes who do that ish.... i understand if its actually for someone whos already paid you for it.. but its those crabs who go buy whatever is left & then try & charge you to swap or wont do it at all who really piss me off

Last edited:
I will be there at 7am for foot locker's 10am opening time. I think I will get a pair but if I have to deal with some re-seller like that in the parking lot I might just beat his ***. 
mad.gif

I will be there at 7am for foot locker's 10am opening time. I think I will get a pair but if I have to deal with some re-seller like that in the parking lot I might just beat his ***. 
mad.gif

Or you can wait for a restock if you dont get them

I have a feeling there will be plenty to go around

yeah i ended up getting 2  more phone calls that i won the raffle. so that's 3 raffles i won out of the 4 that i entered .. so i'm pretty sure everybody that want's a pair should be able to get them

ps - i feel like this is a TRUE showing of the hypebeast effect on shoes these days ..

ANY true jordan/sneaker lover should want these .. sooo clean ..

less hype = less hypebeasts ... but i predict once they see them in person and people wearing them they will be all over em .. especially if a pic of some famous fool like a rapper or somethin pops up in the next 48 hours .. thats ALL its takes

heck, after people fail on 3s these might be $250
you ever thought that some of us make our decisions based on our own merit? what part of not everyone wants these do you not understand? 

Just passing by, hoping one of ya'll can help me out. I've loved these shoes as a kid but could never afford them. However, now that i'm older and can afford them, it'd mean a lot to get my hands on a pair, kind of like a dream come true from when I was a kid haha.

Anyway, what time do these go on sale on the websites such as NDC, Finishline, Eastbay/Footlocker? I appreciate the help in advance. Also if anyone is located in Brooklyn and knows of places I can go to get them, that'd be a great help. Take care.

The Retro 5 "Fire Red" shoes will be released on 1/26/13 at 8 AM ET/ 7 AM CT online on www.eastbay.com. Thanks!

EastbayRep - Christina

How are people asking about NDC releases dont they do all there major releases at 8am ET? 

However it would be great if they could cater to the West Coast people 5am to cop shoes is Crazy.

Its hard to pull the trigger on these this time of year knowing that where I live I'll have to wait about 5 months before I can rock these due to weather lol

Its hard to pull the trigger on these this time of year knowing that where I live I'll have to wait about 5 months before I can rock these due to weather lol

Everyone is different, but with 60+ pairs in my collection currently, I always buy with the intention of keeping them on ice for a few months before adding them to my rotation. There are some exceptions, but it always seems corny to me to buy a pair of mass produced shoes and rock them on day 0. Not because others are wearing them, but it almost seems like a "look at me" sort of thing to show off that you have the latest and greatest sneakers.

Everyone is different, but with 60+ pairs in my collection currently, I always buy with the intention of keeping them on ice for a few months before adding them to my rotation. There are some exceptions, but it always seems corny to me to buy a pair of mass produced shoes and rock them on day 0. Not because others are wearing them, but it almost seems like a "look at me" sort of thing to show off that you have the latest and greatest sneakers.

This...

Rarely do I rock my cop on day 0

Although every now and again when some grails are acquired...

auto rock those bad boys

Just got a called from my local hoh secure a sz 13. I'm good to go.
This how my weekend is starting :smokin

GL to errbody trying to cop.

IMO this release is just falling in a bad window. Right after the Holiday releases and after the Black/Red 13's and the All-Star weekend releases. It won't be an easy cop....but I definitely think if you really want these they will be more attainable due to the window it's releasing in.

Back
Top Bottom