Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

i'm surprised these aren't at $170, seems like most retros released now all receive price bumps but these.. either way I'll take em

just watched this it has the "TWENTYTHIRTEEN" message just like they did on last year's 4s

im trying to fight the urge to cop these, but they're looking so crispy. Glad I passed on the WC 4's and Chi X's just in case
This may be a stupid question, but what the hell do 2 releases from this time last year have to do with this one?
Ummm, my logic here: I dont do white based Jordans like that., so If i would have bought either one of those 2 from last year like i was going to, I wouldnt blink at the V's this year.  I don't buy every jordan release either so even though they came out last year, its only last year. The releveance is, a better white based jordan came out a year later and i'm happy I passed on the other white based ones last year. I can discuss passing jordans from 10 years ago and in this sneaker culture, it would still be relevant, because cats collect old @$! sneakers as well... yadda yadda yadda

No question is stupid though, thanks for asking my dude

Ummm, my logic here: I dont do white based Jordans like that., so If i would have bought either one of those 2 from last year like i was going to, I wouldnt blink at the V's this year. I don't buy every jordan release either so even though they came out last year, its only last year. The releveance is, a better white based jordan came out a year later and i'm happy I passed on the other white based ones last year. I can discuss passing jordans from 10 years ago and in this sneaker culture, it would still be relevant, because cats collect old @$! sneakers as well... yadda yadda yadda

No question is stupid though, thanks for asking my dude
Yeah I'm with you too..I prefer black based Retros.. IMO black looks better, always .
They are easier to take care of as well.
The only White sneaker on my list this year is the Grape Vs..but I'm still gonna try to cop these on RD if I don't succeed then no biggie

I can see preferring black shoes, although I feel white CWs are often a little more versatile as far as what I can wear them with. Regardless, this should be an extremely easy pickup. In fact, I think anything not limited this year SHOULD be easy pickups just due to the crazy pace of the release schedule. By the time we reach Feb 16 there will have been 16 retros dropped in a 10 week stretch. I don't think you can find a time like this in the history of this brand (even the CDPs trickled out slower). That's why the 1's and XIII's were limited in up front numbers (though I still think these weren't extremely hard). The last thing Nike wants people thinking is that it's an "easy cop", because that decreases incentive to purchase up front for some, as the demand seems to set the resale price. "Oh I missed out, oh well I'll come back to these for $30 over retail later". My guess is these only resell for $200-$210 though.

Last edited:
To me, he is one of the best reviewers on YT.

Very detailed, sort of a tell-it-like-it-is guy, and I respect that.

+1
Is it safe to say these run big then? That's what he said in the video review. I may just go with my TTS however, people were telling me WC4s and Bred 13s ran big, they all fit perfect to me in my TTS. I know everyone's feet fit different. 

Last edited:
Is it safe to say these run big then? That's what he said in the video review. I may just go with my TTS however, people were telling me WC4s and Bred 13s ran big, they all fit perfect to me in my TTS. I know everyone's feet fit different. 
I always get an 11 in every J except the XI's. I'm kind of in between an 11-11.5, and it has worked out pretty well for me. I think if anything, most J's run TTS to a tad big.

I always get an 11 in every J except the XI's. I'm kind of in between an 11-11.5, and it has worked out pretty well for me. I think if anything, most J's run TTS to a tad big.
Appreciate it the assurance. Just looked back couple pages just hearing it runs .5 big. But think imma stay with my TTS and see how that goes. For me, the only shoe I went .5 down are for the Jordan 7s. They run slightly more big/loose imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom