Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Me neither but dam one mockup is made and everybody jumpin on saying thats whats up next

All that and watch it be the xxi’s lol

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. The 3 would make perfect sense. The 1 is the original undebatable classic, the 4 was the throwaway - experimental sophomore release, and the 3 is the return to glory for Unions 30th Anniversary.

Man. A lots been going on the last few days. My 2 cents / personal opinions...

The Union 1 BTs are amazing. I’m glad I own them. Trying to think if I’d label them as the greatest collab of all time. Definitely one of, if not the greatest Jordan collabs IMO. Loving and owning a bunch of SBs however, I’d have to think about that. I’d personally probably take some SB collabs of yesteryear over them, but those are the only collabs I’d take over them I think.
I also love the Union 4s. If I had to pick I’d take the 1s over the 4s, but I love them both. I love what Union did with both the 1 and the 4, and I love that they’re different takes. Not exactly the same aesthetic on both models.
Glad that those 3s are a sample. They’re cool, but they’re both mind blowing or anything. I’d expect Union to do more on their next release, as opposed to just copying what they did on the 1s on the 3s.
As for the Frag 1s, they’re cool. Collab wise, they’ve always been sort of boring to me. They’re clean as hell, but they just added blue and the stamp. Nothing necessarily striking or amazing about them. I’ve always liked them because they use the Black Toe with Black Tongue color blocking (the BEST Black Toe color blocking, and one of the reasons why I love the BT Union 1s), but again, they just slapped blue on them. And I understand that they’re “good” quality, but they’re still Jordan’s at the end of the day. It’s not like they’re constructed of virgin calf belly. I’d gladly own them, but having a bunch of blue kicks in my collection already, there’s nothing about the Frags that makes me say “I’d get rid of these pairs I own for those Frags.”

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. The 3 would make perfect sense. The 1 is the original undebatable classic, the 4 was the throwaway - experimental sophomore release, and the 3 is the return to glory for Unions 30th Anniversary.

Throwaway troll.

Last edited:
Yup the noir are nice. Wish I had a pair but oh well. They nice but not 750+ nice lol. I get why ppl don’t like them though, esp the guava’s cuz I think them boys is hideous.

i aint even little league.
1616425407207.gif

I hope these aren't it but they don't look bad. More importantly, I think this is a genius way to throw off the knock off factories and buy a little time. Of course fakes/reps/UA's will eventually hit the market. It's inevitable. And if you buy fakes/reps/UA's no hate this way. More power too you. Save your bread and enjoy. But, leaking convincing images of a pump fake pair through legit accounts would be smart imo.

Union 1s have the hype and the design to back up the hype :nthat:
Remove the little UN/LA tag and it's still absolute heat :nthat:
Agreed. The Union 1s were the only hyped shoe I went for for myself that year they released. Really wanted the storm blues. Very well executed collab. Best collab of that year and my #1 for JB all time. From the roll out to the execution etc. Even without the hype they were fire. I was aware of Union but not really informed about the shop and didn't expect them to be as hyped as they ended up being. Been in this since the 90s. If I were at the flea market for the initial drop I would have copped these if the price was reasonable.

It’s one of the better looking Collabs, but yes it is overrated, as far as the resale it commands.
Agreed. Take the away the Frag branding and they sit like the air max Tinker 3s. And of course, you can say that about almost any collab but that's how basic the frag 3s are. And I like the tinker 3s. I dont dislike the frag 3s but as far as paying resell.....I need something like an off-white 5 or Union 4. Something that better communicates the design language of the brand and the collab artist. If they followed the fragment 1 color blocking they would have been a smash.

i didnt realize the price difference between the noir and gauva is almost $500. Geezzzz. Yeah thats a tough pill to swallow.
Exactly. Seeing the guavas on feet and in hand changed my mind. I still like the off noirs better but I'd like to have the guavas. Not paying $1000 for a shoe though. Technically paid $750 for the off noirs but, to buy these I actually sold 4 kicks that I liked but wasn't wearing and didn't see myself wearing. So figured it makes more since to sell/trade them for a pair that I know I'd rock. Also, that's the one upside of paying resell......I hardly ever wear my kicks right away. Usually waiting for the perfect fit or a good opportunity. Which with adulthood, fatherhood, and pandemics considered occasions to rock shoes are few and far in between these days. By the time I get to them they've accumulated enough resell value to make me think twice about unds'ing them. Which is annoying because on one hand I just want to rock the kicks. On the other hand, I feel like I'm throwing hundreds of dollars away by putting shoe to concrete for a few hours at most. When I pay resell I feel almost compelled to wear the shoe to make sure I get my money's worth. I'd go for the guavas if I had enough shoes to match the value that I don't mind parting with. But the few I do have are already ear marked for the A Ma Maniere 3s in case I don't hit on retail and it comes to that.

Agreed. Take the away the Frag branding and they sit like the air max Tinker 3s. And of course, you can say that about almost any collab but that's how basic the frag 3s are. And I like the tinker 3s. I dont dislike the frag 3s but as far as paying resell.....I need something like an off-white 5 or Union 4. Something that better communicates the design language of the brand and the collab artist. If they followed the fragment 1 color blocking they would have been a smash.
The only good thing about the fragment 3s was that he didn’t copy the design of the 1 and just apply it to the 3.
Now, the end result was obviously a spectacular failure (arguably the most disappointing collab in the history of JB) but I can respect the fact that he didn’t follow the path of least resistance and at least tried something different.

Back
Top Bottom