Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

I'm a huge sucker for this colorway because it's one of the few Jordans you can wear with Mavs gear "unless we rebrand next season."

So just put on a Cowboys jersey lol. It's navy and grey anyway, they're neutral colors.

It’s not like people are going to be looking at my shoes from the 1 angle you guys are talking about “them hiding”

I’m in
You care about people looking at your shoes? Eww. But yea you’ll be fine as long as they hit the sight line at the isometric view

The shape didn't stop me from enjoying my Cherry 13s, or my Black/Red 13s, and it sure as hell isn’t going to stop me from enjoying my favorite sneaker ever: Flint 13s!

It stopped me :lol: Its not even the same shoe to me.. I guess this is how people who were around since the OG drops for III-VI felt when they wouldn't even cop because of the shape. I passed on both of those and still owned the Blk/Red 04's so that helped.

I regret passing on white/reds only because I killed my 2010 pair and could've gotten the 2017s for cheap. I also have my 05 Flints and they've been coming correct with most OG's so its annoying. Now if we're REALLY being technical.. knowing the shape is terrible and enjoying the shoes are two different things.

As far as shape goes...

molds are always remade

just like with anything 3 different people can make the SAME mold and they can vary from each other it’s just how it goes

those OG molds have long been destroyed and the original factories making it and the naterials are long gone also

which means shape and leather quality boils down to pure luck in the end this is why you can have say 1 outta every 15 Jordan 1 releases have amazing leather and the rest so so it’s just random

also while I’m here....

there has been a massive amount of misinformation in regards to push backs and in store etc..

bottom line is this...

during this covid-19 issue and honestly even just before quarantine and lock downs outside of China getting items cleared past customs REALLY slowed up for good reason

and of course due to current state of things it’s a very slow and frustrating process but of course necessary

so getting stuff through customs is very very delayed/backed up at this point hence why a shoe(s) get a single push back then closer it gets pushed again 2-3 weeks out

and honestly it could even get pushed again due to not knowing for sure it will get past customs in time

This is not a ploy to hold shoes for in store sales etc..

trust me the goal is to get the shoe(s) available for online consumption ASAP as it’s the only revenue stream since physical locations are closed till further notice

It stopped me :lol: Its not even the same shoe to me.
I totally respect your perspective and opinion. But I still question the total dislike for the recent mold of the 13. I had a 13s also way back in 98. But the black reds from 2016, the chutneys, the black cats and the recent black toes have all been satisfactory to me. I never felt they were missing something. Sure I easily can find the small differences but not enough to pass on.

I totally respect your perspective and opinion. But I still question the total dislike for the recent mold of the 13. I had a 13s also way back in 98. But the black reds from 2016, the chutneys, the black cats and the recent black toes have all been satisfactory to me. I never felt they were missing something. Sure I easily can find the small differences but not enough to pass on.

Its because its all opinions lol. It'd be one thing to say "there is absolutely ZERO wrong with the new shape..its IDENTICAL to the OG PERIODT!" :lol: So its definitely valid to say those retros were good enough for you. I copped both Chutney's and Blk/Blue lows..theyre not same either but good enough. But the Highs.. its just not the same lol.

And since NT loves to be polarized.. I AM NOT BASHING THEM .. I am just saying they werent good enough for me to cop and cop with excitement and I had past pairs of the ones I was considering so it wasnt hard to pass. Also, Black Toes were actually decent (my pair at least) and the Flints are looking okay but we'll see.

I can’t wait for these. And keep going back and forth on whether I should get 2 pairs or 1. 2010s are in great condition but 3M makes me feel like I should double up for good measure. Decisions. One things for sure, I’ll be there when these drop. Always a must.

As far as shape goes...

molds are always remade

just like with anything 3 different people can make the SAME mold and they can vary from each other it’s just how it goes

those OG molds have long been destroyed and the original factories making it and the naterials are long gone also

which means shape and leather quality boils down to pure luck in the end this is why you can have say 1 outta every 15 Jordan 1 releases have amazing leather and the rest so so it’s just random

also while I’m here....

there has been a massive amount of misinformation in regards to push backs and in store etc..

bottom line is this...

during this covid-19 issue and honestly even just before quarantine and lock downs outside of China getting items cleared past customs REALLY slowed up for good reason

and of course due to current state of things it’s a very slow and frustrating process but of course necessary

so getting stuff through customs is very very delayed/backed up at this point hence why a shoe(s) get a single push back then closer it gets pushed again 2-3 weeks out

and honestly it could even get pushed again due to not knowing for sure it will get past customs in time

trust me the goal is to get the shoe(s) available for online consumption ASAP as it’s the only revenue stream since physical locations are closed till further notice
A lot of this makes sense. One question, though: the **** really didn’t hit the fan over here until the second week of March. Less than three weeks before release of the fire red Vs, those shoes weren’t even in the country?

It stopped me :lol: Its not even the same shoe to me.. I guess this is how people who were around since the OG drops for III-VI felt when they wouldn't even cop because of the shape. I passed on both of those and still owned the Blk/Red 04's so that helped.

I regret passing on white/reds only because I killed my 2010 pair and could've gotten the 2017s for cheap. I also have my 05 Flints and they've been coming correct with most OG's so its annoying. Now if we're REALLY being technical.. knowing the shape is terrible and enjoying the shoes are two different things.
They just don’t get it unless they had the OG when it released. Only down side to the OG were the instant 2 creases on the outer toe box. But you couldn’t help it with the soft good leather.

That’s it exactly. Why I gave up on IIIs even though it’s one of my favorites of all time. Thirteens, I have two 2018 black toes and am quite happy to have them, but I also know where they lack. Doesn’t stop my enjoyment but I do look at them sometimes and know how much happier I could be if they were even better. It always cones down to how much of the OG features—shapes, proportions, cuts—are what made you like a shoe in the first place. I can accept the modern 13s. I can’t with the IIIs, at least not until this latest version which seems much better.

I didn’t notice that until you just said it. I hate the line where the mid sole meets the sneaker.
1E62865A-7191-4704-B803-7EFE503B4511.jpeg
D1B134EE-0E01-4160-80BA-044DEE350BB2.jpeg

I don’t see it

I keep coming back to this photo and starring at it lol. Beautiful. OGs were just timeless. Really takes me back to my childhood and simpler time. Of course I want them to look like this but such is life. The new ones will have to do like the last ones did but the OGs could never be truly replicated.
A597BE62-CC24-4C12-948A-5E57E1E0A94C.jpeg
Well said. I recall back when these dropped in 1998. I was in HS and we didn’t see shoes months in advance. A month or so before the shoes released one kid in my school had them. Our minds were blown seeing him walk around campus with these on and them shinning as he walked around.
Footaction, (before it was owned by footlocker) used to put out magazines that showed shoes maybe a month before they dropped. One of their magazines had these in them but we didn’t know that they were reflective.

When they officially dropped kids skipped school that Wednesday to get them. I think this was the last release that Jordan’s dropped on weekdays. I remember seeing all of the kids wearing them after second period, one in particular was senior Rashard Lewis who was the top rated player in the nation and thinking about making the jump to the NBA out of high school.

Since I had no way to get to the mall I struck out. A week later my mom came home from work with a pair for me. A sneaker store near her job got a late shipment. I’ve had retros of this shoe but nothing can match the OG.

As far as shape goes...

molds are always remade

also while I’m here....

bottom line is this...

when it comes to shoes and niketalk vampire xtc is the only member i trust with correct information with what's really going on behind the scenes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom