Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Honestly I don't think it was a restock with finishline. The site was just exploited with the whole backdoor/wishlist trick. I ate using it but honestly that trick killed any large scale restock. The stock was pretty much pillaged

I would agree with you on FL wishlist trick. Using that method is way easier than trying to catch an official restock.

Playing in current shoes makes more sense. There's a reason companies keep innovating and continue to produce new tech. If they updated retros with new tech ppl would still find ways to complain "they just don't have that og feel" or, "why can't Nike just give us the original". Honestly take jordan 1s then take 31s and see how far tech has come

This. Respect to Jimmy Butler.

No one plays all 82 games even in the newest ball sneakers that come out. Plenty of college and NBA players play in 90s tech sneakers. Not sure what you watching. Even certain common wears on the court are older tech.
Xs being one of the most comfortable

If we're talking performance then I'd look at the top ten of this year only. Can't say they wear old tech regularly. And as for college... Laughable to even mention.

I don't follow or maybe you don't know what I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is take a pair of og 12s and take a pair of 12s from say 2012 the weight is different they lightened the shoe. The materials aren't close to holding up like Og's but the weight is easier to play in. These days they can go closer to using the same materials because ppl don't play in retros and they know that.

I don't follow or maybe you don't know what I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is take a pair of og 12s and take a pair of 12s from say 2012 the weight is different they lightened the shoe. The materials aren't close to holding up like Og's but the weight is easier to play in. These days they can go closer to using the same materials because ppl don't play in retros and they know that.

But they also cut out tech which is the bigger problem. The shoes also have been known to be uncomfortable.

Last edited:
My left ankle hurts when I wear these. Only semi-annoying because I strictly wear them casually. I'll need an ambulance if I wore them on the court.

But they also cut out tech which is the bigger problem. The shoes also have been known to be uncomfortable.

Def a prob but Nike knows they have us. Just copped the 2017 Shaq attaqs, leather is same as Og's but tech isn't the same but they know and so do I that I'm not playing in them and I'm not complaining

Def a prob but Nike knows they have us. Just copped the 2017 Shaq attaqs, leather is same as Og's but tech isn't the same but they know and so do I that I'm not playing in them and I'm not complaining

Neither am I because it is what it is but we were talking about the performance stuff which is affected by the shortcuts.

My problem with Nike/JB is the fact that they have the nerve to charge you a premium for a half-assed shoe. If they're going to cut tech out of a shoe, I'm going to need the price to reflect that. 

My problem with Nike/JB is the fact that they have the nerve to charge you a premium for a half-assed shoe. If they're going to cut tech out of a shoe, I'm going to need the price to reflect that. 
Be honest.........Why do you REALLY care about the tech of a retro shoe? These are obviously made for fashion or nostalgic reasons more than they are actual performance on the basketball court.

Face it.........nike/JB gives 0 damns about how these shoes perform on the basketball court. Why would they give you something that is just as good as the new shoes on the market that are made specifically for that reason?

Why would they take attention away from the brand new products by keeping the retro shoe performance the same as they did when they originally released when its cheaper to sell a lesser version when 90% of the people buying them dont care about how they perform on the court? From the business side of things, that makes 0 sense.

Last edited:
Be honest.........Why do you REALLY care about the tech of a retro shoe? These are obviously made for fashion or nostalgic reasons more than they are actual performance on the basketball court.

Face it.........nike/JB gives 0 damns about how these shoes perform on the basketball court. Why would they give you something that is just as good as the new shoes on the market that are made specifically for that reason?

Why would they take attention away from the brand new products by keeping the retro shoe performance the same as they did when they originally released when its cheaper to sell a lesser version when 90% of the people buying them dont care about how they perform on the court? From the business side of things, that makes 0 sense.
If you're okay with paying $190-250 for a shoe that in it's prime was 30% less that doesn't even include the tech it had back then that's cheaper to produce now, then that's on you my dude. Other brands don't knock you upside your head like Nike/JB do, and it's going to be their downfall if they keep it up.

Be real. Jordan brand is a retro sneaker company. Their retros make up the lionshare of their profits. Nobody is checking for the current models like that. Not saying that they should take the focus off their current model, but they need to do right by their consumers on all models. 

And to be honest. If keeping their retros up to original spec is ******** on their current model, then that says a lot about how much the brand has fallen off in the innovation department. 

You're nikes #1 prime target for people that keep buying retros with inflated prices. Nike can raise the Msrp to $300, takeaway the tech, and you will gladly pay exact change.

If you think retro tech and inflated price don't go hand in hand, just go visit the retro 15 thread and see how many of us have gotten discounts from Nike false advertising of shoe's tech.

Every shoe is different. I play in retros all the time some are good others not so much.
People complain about 2017 shoes also. Just do you and stop the hating.
If I want to ball in my retros so be it. :nthat:

Bro...You aren't gonna ball in em and if you were unless you were a pro athlete Nike don't give a damn

Nike at it again...and people saying inflation [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]

They doing it cause they can. Air Max one day will be made from paint and no bubbles

You're nikes #1 prime target for people that keep buying retros with inflated prices. Nike can raise the Msrp to $300, takeaway the tech, and you will gladly pay exact change.

If you think retro tech and inflated price don't go hand in hand, just go visit the retro 15 thread and see how many of us have gotten discounts from Nike false advertising of shoe's tech.
No im not, i work there and get 40% off lmfao............Whats the argument now??

Same ish happened to me awhile back. If you know your joints authentic then f that buyer!

eBay died a while back for me. With sites like Stockx and even Goat (that verify legitimacy/authenticity of sneakers) there's no way I would even consider eBay for selling kicks!

Back
Top Bottom