Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Anyone else here think the Win Like 82s are super uncomfortable? I went a half size down after trying them on in the store, but I got my Cap and Gowns in a 10.5 and they feel much better so I'm not sure if it's the shoe or the size but I know they are probably the most uncomfortable Jordan I own (maybe tied with the premium neutral grey 5s, which are an 11). On the other hand, my 10.5 Blue IEs are probably one of the most comfortable pairs I own along with the Pure Platinum 7s
They're uncomfortable to me too, but I don't have any other XI to compare them to. I just assumed it is because it is an older shoe. What makes them uncomfortable to you?

They're uncomfortable to me too, but I don't have any other XI to compare them to. I just assumed it is because it is an older shoe. What makes them uncomfortable to you?

They just seem really stiff and inflexible. Its funny because I watched the CEO Jordan commercial on YouTube where he's bending all the 11s for QC... I know my pair of 82s definitely wouldn't bend like that.

All retro 11’s have been trash prior to the 45 SJ’s down to after the DMP. The absolute worst being the CDP’s
Makes me regret buying pre 2016 Retro XI’s. Yes I’m talk about you too 7210 colorway. That patent leather shape being born again was a blessing.

Anyone else here think the Win Like 82s are super uncomfortable? I went a half size down after trying them on in the store, but I got my Cap and Gowns in a 10.5 and they feel much better so I'm not sure if it's the shoe or the size but I know they are probably the most uncomfortable Jordan I own (maybe tied with the premium neutral grey 5s, which are an 11). On the other hand, my 10.5 Blue IEs are probably one of the most comfortable pairs I own along with the Pure Platinum 7s

I went half size down on the Space Jam 2016 and my toes and feet were the drizzling ****s at days end. They’re true to size. And I’m a narrow feet dude btw.

Sounds like you got your wrong size in the 82.

No need for comparison pics or debate
These are 99% accurate
The original 45 he wore looked like a marching band shoe
The patent was so high it almost covered the whole shoe and was almost ugly
It was the originality of the design that made us go crazy in 1995
Not the actual look of the shoe
We couldn't believe dude had patent leather on his basketball shoes

Now the red bottoms were a whole different story
That was the release that brought out the jackers
That all black with a red bottom set the streets on fire
Its more iconic than the white/black because he wore them when he won his first comeback ring

That’s debatable. I remember that crisp clear morning when the Concord went on sale. I remember going back to the stock room and getting them unlaced and ready to try on for those customers. Then I remember having to turn people away after we sold out. That was the only shoe I remember having to turn away a lot of people. I think people saw Mike was back. They wanted to be a part of it. Everyone remembers that initial rush of excitement that he was back. I think they remember that more so then when he won. Everyone already knew he would win.

That’s debatable. I remember that crisp clear morning when the Concord went on sale. I remember going back to the stock room and getting them unlaced and ready to try on for those customers. Then I remember having to turn people away after we sold out. That was the only shoe I remember having to turn away a lot of people. I think people saw Mike was back. They wanted to be a part of it. Everyone remembers that initial rush of excitement that he was back. I think they remember that more so then when he won. Everyone already knew he would win.
That period in time will not be duplicated again. 90s by far the best era in shoes.

I personally tend to size up .5 in XI's because of how they will look after a lot of wear. In my experience TTS MAY cause pinching on the pinky toe, but not all the time. Half size up is perfect for me.

Average person didn't know the white and black pair even dropped
Everybody knew when the black and red pair dropped

I personally tend to size up .5 in XI's because of how they will look after a lot of wear. In my experience TTS MAY cause pinching on the pinky toe, but not all the time. Half size up is perfect for me.

Have your worn any 2016+ pairs yet?

I remember seeing you say you take a few years to get around to throwing on newer stuff, and this post sounds like it's about the '09-'15 run.

Have your worn any 2016+ pairs yet?

I remember seeing you say you take a few years to get around to throwing on newer stuff, and this post sounds like it's about the '09-'15 run.

These will be my first pair of this newer run. I'm still going a half size up, even based off the 2000/01 run. These are only being worn casually, and not playing in them so I should be fine.

Average person didn't know the white and black pair even dropped
Everybody knew when the black and red pair dropped
I didnt. No clue when the Concords dropped at all. Even called the number on the ad, never answered. I found out in an eastbay magazine. By the time I was a able to get to the mall, gone.

All retro 11’s have been trash prior to the 45 SJ’s down to after the DMP. The absolute worst being the CDP’s

I actually think the cool greys were fine. And I'm not sure if you're talking about the 2001 playoffs and 2000 space jams

Back
Top Bottom