Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

If you have any older AJ XIs like 2006 and older they used a screen print method of application of the 23. Because of environmental safety standards and the use of particular chemical based paints and glues, they can no longer mimic the use of the print of the 23 as they did then. Same with the logos on the insoles.

The newer XIs above 2006 have always cracked and faded. Sometimes even fallen off due to delamination. Much of it deals with heat adjustments and welding time of the transfer but that’s basically the technical side of the differences.
Thank you you’re always informative and I’m a fan of your YouTube channel also I love your comparison videos

If you have any older AJ XIs like 2006 and older they used a screen print method of application of the 23. Because of environmental safety standards and the use of particular chemical based paints and glues, they can no longer mimic the use of the print of the 23 as they did then. Same with the logos on the insoles.

The newer XIs above 2006 have always cracked and faded. Sometimes even fallen off due to delamination. Much of it deals with heat adjustments and welding time of the transfer but that’s basically the technical side of the differences.
Yeah i have a couple of older pairs of XI’s and they are ran into the ground literally but that 23 is still intact. I kind of wish they would just stitch them all since they won’t go back to the original method. The heat pressed 23/45 just looks cheap to me. With that said the 2018 is looking great.

These are so iconic but the more and more I look at them I feel like I'd never rock them. sadly as I age I become more restrained with what I rock.

Reactions: ARK
These are so iconic but the more and more I look at them I feel like I'd never rock them. sadly as I age I become more restrained with what I rock.

Ive always felt that way regarding the 11s. I never truly have worn a pair. I still like them a ton though.

Environmental issues must be why they cant get the ankle padding right..no Jordan XI including the great 2016 SJ's have had good padding since the DMP. This is so annoying.. it just adds to the hollow uncomfortable new Jordan XI. Carolina Lows were the only XI that were at least comfortable.

I was in this line in 2011. Me, my brother and cousins camped for a night with hundreds of others. Damn it was cold (Cold enough for us bay area folks). I was number 300 something. The next day to get our pair was horrible also; horrible as in you can smell the stank of others breafs. Body on body. In the end we got our sizes. This was the last time I actually camped for a sneaker. When the concords first retro and came out on october 2000, I was in 8th grade. Me, my brother and my mom went to the mall, there were some head but we didn't get our pairs. Champs employees ordered the shoe for us to shi it to our house which was dope. Every other original pair of Jordans that i got back in the days were smooth in the 90's. We got to do lay away for our pairs. That's how some stores in the bay area aound my area did it. Was easy and simple back in the days. Online or bust for me in 2 months. I'm sure there will be pairs for everyone.

2 pairs minimum. 1 stock and 1 to rock.

Still tryna decide what I want to do with 2011’s. To clean to be turned into beaters but now that we’re getting proper PL height I couldn’t see myself going to those when I have 2018’s. Won’t sell them though. I think I’ll use it as a display in my man cave and keep the second pair of 2018’s literally to look at

i like the narrative of thr 2011 concord being trash because the 2018 one is coming out .... not one person during that time period say it was trash , just didnt like the patent cut..... nowadays the trash talk gets thrown around all loosely, ..... nobody was returning them for being trash......should be an interesting 2 months

I'm not in here much lately, but this post caught my attention. I know people like to throw around the term trash (because they want to offload a previous retro or just because a newer retro is going to release or whatever), but for the case of the 2011 Concords, it's true. I still own the 2000 pair, and 2000 SJ for reference to quality at the time. I didn't wear my 2011 Concords I want to say, until around 2013/2014, and only after about 3-4 wears I was disappointed. Without posting on NT about it, or even making a big deal of it, I noticed that the PL cracked along the instep on those after those few wears. I also noticed that the PL got a "foggy" look after minimal wear (mind you, I only wore these casually in fair weather at that point where I noticed the quality). Up to this point, I wasn't used to seeing that on my XI's in terms of longevity and I had all 5 mids from the retro run from 2000/2001. So for the price paid for those, I would understand how people would feel like they were trash. I wasn't even complaining about the height of the PL, that didn't bother me as much as the quality of the PL. This caused me to pass on the Blk/Reds from 2012 because I knew it would be more of the same with the PL. It's a shame how the PL cracks so soon on those. I hope it's not the case with these, but I think it's likely.

I'm not in here much lately, but this post caught my attention. I know people like to throw around the term trash (because they want to offload a previous retro or just because a newer retro is going to release or whatever), but for the case of the 2011 Concords, it's true. I still own the 2000 pair, and 2000 SJ for reference to quality at the time. I didn't wear my 2011 Concords I want to say, until around 2013/2014, and only after about 3-4 wears I was disappointed. Without posting on NT about it, or even making a big deal of it, I noticed that the PL cracked along the instep on those after those few wears. I also noticed that the PL got a "foggy" look after minimal wear (mind you, I only wore these casually in fair weather at that point where I noticed the quality). Up to this point, I wasn't used to seeing that on my XI's in terms of longevity and I had all 5 mids from the retro run from 2000/2001. So for the price paid for those, I would understand how people would feel like they were trash. I wasn't even complaining about the height of the PL, that didn't bother me as much as the quality of the PL. This caused me to pass on the Blk/Reds from 2012 because I knew it would be more of the same with the PL. It's a shame how the PL cracks so soon on those. I hope it's not the case with these, but I think it's likely.
I bought the 2009 Space Jam when it dropped. It developed(as in wasn’t there at first) a weird white dot on the PL. it also got the foggy look pretty easily. I didn’t like the low pl, but tolerated it. When the 2010 Cool Grey came around, I bought them, but traded them immediately. J sold the 2009 SJ in 2011. I wasn’t a big quality head back then, but they started squeaking, and the other flaws became annoying.

I would have them both back now for nostalgia, but i don’t regret getting rid of them.

I bought the 2009 Space Jam when it dropped. It developed(as in wasn’t there at first) a weird white dot on the PL. it also got the foggy look pretty easily. I didn’t like the low pl, but tolerated it. When the 2010 Cool Grey came around, I bought them, but traded them immediately. J sold the 2009 SJ in 2011. I wasn’t a big quality head back then, but they started squeaking, and the other flaws became annoying.

I would have them both back now for nostalgia, but i don’t regret getting rid of them.

I have the 09 SJ, and sat on them for years. I know what to expect with those, so I'm not getting rid of them. The XI retro run from 09-12...not great imo. As far as 09 SJ, I just started wearing them in February of this year...then the separated, so I have to restore them, as well as my 00 SJ. I for damn sure will be wearing the 09's first before I start back wearing the 00 SJ, only because of the PL quality issue. Having both in good shape, even with the separation caused me to pass on the 16 SJ, in which I still noticed the PL fog issue and PL cracking on the insole.This makes me nervous about these Concords. I will likely still cop because my 2011 are definite beaters. I dislike them so much, I don't even clean that shoe after wearing them. But that's neither here nor there. I know it sounds like it, but I'm not even a quality snob like that, it's just the differences I notice after having different versions to compare. I know what WAS isn't coming back, so you deal with what IS, and make a choice based off that.

I need a pair of 11s again, which is why I want these. I’m not the biggest 11 fan tbh. Give me these, Bred, SJ, and the Cool Grey with the new mold and mesh(sorry, I like mesh better on those), and I’m good with 11s.

I need a pair of 11s again, which is why I want these. I’m not the biggest 11 fan tbh. Give me these, Bred, SJ, and the Cool Grey with the new mold and mesh(sorry, I like mesh better on those), and I’m good with 11s.
Amen

Always had a soft spot for these even tho I don’t wear em out like most others do. At the gym all day tho

Skipped out on SJ due to the 45 but kinda regret it but I’m sure I’ll come up on a pair soon

This fog issue you speak of has taken over 1 shoe of my 96 black reds. Its disturbing because the are completely DS. My original concords are worn and dont have that at all. Idk if its the same issue or not. but it comes from the midsole. Ive worn 09 jams 20-30 times. They are comfortable imo. The pl looks abused though. Hopefully no separation any time soon. With the 09 I dont see a fog you speak of so it may be 2 totally diff issues.

This fog issue you speak of has taken over 1 shoe of my 96 black reds. Its disturbing because the are completely DS. My original concords are worn and dont have that at all. Idk if its the same issue or not. but it comes from the midsole. Ive worn 09 jams 20-30 times. They are comfortable imo. The pl looks abused though. Hopefully no separation any time soon. With the 09 I dont see a fog you speak of so it may be 2 totally diff issues.
I don’t want to call it a scuff, but for me, it looked like there was something on the PL. it was losing its shine

IMG_20181016_185141.jpg

Oxidation? Idk, I’ve never seen anything like that
Neither have I. Just started within the last year. Believe me. I have tried wiping. Took this to the care maintenance thread, nothing. I dont want to do any more damage with some chemical solution. Its underneath the pl. Like the glues expanded????.idk. They have been kept in a display case since I bought them in 05.. No moisture, temp controlled, everything.

Neither have I. Just started within the last year. Believe me. I have tried wiping. Took this to the care maintenance thread, nothing. I dont want to do any more damage with some chemical solution. Its underneath the pl. Like the glues expanded????.idk. They have been kept in a display case since I bought them in 05.. No moisture, temp controlled, everything.

Looks like a sign of sole separation. They may need to be glued.

Back
Top Bottom