Air Jordan 1 High "OG" Celtics - April 6th 2013 Vol. Updates Always on Page 1

Copped x2. I need to find a discount. I don't believe in paying anymore than $99.99 for any retro 1!

Last edited:
View media item 301234View media item 301243
How is that the same colorblocking as these? Anyone?!

View media item 250673View media item 250674
Black tongue with gold accents around the sockliner... compared to the all white tongue of the OG Chicago 1.... uhhh, not the same. The OG had an all white tongue with a red tag (so if the colorblocking matched, it should be a green tag), and no accents in on the back of the tongue or the liner. Sure, they replaced the black swoosh with gold, but the outsole is gold too. If they were mimicking the OG, the outsole should be green to match the upper. The laces should also be green (or gold). The logo should still be black (the same color as the leather on the heel and surrounding the main upper color).

The two don't correlate at all, other than being 1's. And I stand by my opinion that green + black + gold together makes this look like an Irish colorway, but not that of the Boston Celtics.

Last edited:
How is that the same colorblocking as these? Anyone?!

Black tongue with gold accents around the sockliner... compared to the all white tongue of the OG Chicago 1.... uhhh, not the same. The OG had an all white tongue with a white tag, and no accents in on the back of the tongue or the liner. Sure, they replaced the black swoosh with gold, but the outsole is gold too. If they were mimicking the OG, the outsole should be green to match the upper. The laces should also be green. The logo should still be black (the same color as the leather on the heel and surrounding the main upper color).

The two don't correlate at all, other than being 1's. And I stand by my opinion that green + black + gold together makes this look like an Irish colorway, but not that of the Boston Celtics.
First off looks like you didn't even really try to read and comprehend what I said but just pin point one thing and take it personal smh. The laces really you bring up the lacing should be green as if someone cant simply switch that or not even knowing if it comes with green laces and also black laces were on the og chicagos as black so you saying all this og stuff but leave that out why? Did I not say these and the Cavs and so on used the shoe they wore as a BASE do you know what a base is because it certainly isnt mimicking the shoe. 

In fact you saying why sneakernews called these SVSM also adds to why you didnt bother to read and comprehend what I said. Of course this and any freaking irish team have something in common just like the cavs was confused and called Knicks but far as history goes it doesnt make sense for jordan to have a shoe off of lebrons high school or have a jordan 4 of a knicks cw when the shot was against the cavs. When you got this information you said hey yea it does kinda remind me of retro cavs colors or hey yea jordan did play the celtics in that playoff game and still doesnt like lebron... same as the knicks can be called mets w.e. until you saw the insole and had another hey yea moment or used common sense which I see ppl lack on NT

Look at all the pictures you just posted with jordan in that game and look at the floor and then look at the green parts on the shoe. How is that not the same? How is that not enough for you to pair this shoe with the celtics... in page 1 of this very thread someone finally added 2 and 2 together saying the pattern is like it. As for gold and black really dude get over it the "gold" like i said before is more so a hardwood color then gold but not like the celtics never used gold before and black is just one of those freaking colors that just goes. I dont remember black being in any retro Cavs jerseys but its in the freaking shoe 

READ AND COMPREHEND THIS TIME PLEASE BECAUSE YOUR STARTING TO DIG YOUR SELF DEEPER IN A HOLE

Last edited:
I can't even make it through that blabbering set of run-on sentences. I made my point pretty clearly, you're missing it. Just keep it moving cause I'm done having any sort of rational discussion with you.

So we are going to have 4 royals threads, 2 bred 1 threads, who knows about the black toes thread.

Do we need two of the celtics thread? :smh:

Calm down fam

I can't even make it through that blabbering set of run-on sentences. I made my point pretty clearly, you're missing it. Just keep it moving cause I'm done having any sort of rational discussion with you.
So your comment wasn't run ons ether lol the one comment I type like you, you choose not to read it priceless 
laugh.gif
 and though I'm highly against the smiley in situations like this I just had too how ignorant of a statement was this. Like you said I'ma keep it moving because it's clear you have nothing for me as all my points are above your comment and from the get go I said respect your opinion just doesn't make sense in an arguing fashion. 

So your comment wasn't run ons ether lol the one comment I type like you, you choose not to read it priceless 
laugh.gif

and though I'm highly against the smiley in situations like this I just had too how ignorant of a statement was this. Like you said I'ma keep it moving because it's clear you have nothing for me as all my points are above your comment and from the get go I said respect your opinion just doesn't make sense in an arguing fashion. 

You don't even know what a run-on sentence is? Paragraphs are not run-ons. I think this says it all here. Periods are your friend. Can't have a discussion with people who can't read or write properly.

You don't even know what a run-on sentence is? Paragraphs are not run-ons. I think this says it all here. Periods are your friend. Can't have a discussion with people who can't read or write properly.
"Black tongue with gold accents around the sockliner... compared to the all white tongue of the OG Chicago 1.... uhhh, not the same."

Nice way to write properly and I see periods are your friend too pal. Also noting this isn't a paragraph but I'ma leave it alone like Sir Charles said. This thread doesn't need to be locked because of some argument.

Quick poll: Who thinks this colorway looks like a Celtics colorway more than a Notre Dame or SVSM colorway?

Trying to help the monkey above see the point I made from the outset: the textured green, the black tongue, the combination in one shoe of gold, black, green and white together... factor all of those things together and you're left with a shoe that does a very poor job of commemorating the 63-pt game or the role of the AJ1 in Celtics history.

Again, the above logo used is not the color scheme of the logo in the 80's, which was green and white (like the other club logo that was used for decades prior). I don't think this guy can read.

Celtics Logo 1978 - 1995
View media item 301612

Last edited:
Again, the above logo used is not the color scheme of the logo in the 80's, which was green and white (like the other club logo that was used for decades prior). I don't think this guy can read.

Why do they have to use the logo from the 80s again?

Why do they have to use the logo from the 80s again?

I was just going back to my original point about why I don't like these. Too much black, the combination of black, gold, white and green together is overkill and doesn't reflect the Celtics colors then and although the updated logo has gold in it, does not reflect a color combination that is used together on much if any Celtics apparel (black, white and green, or gold, white and green are used but very little if any current merch uses those colors together: http://www.celticsstore.com/

The other thread was full of people questioning if this was an actual Celtics CW given the colorblocking. Looks more like a SVSM CW, but we know Jordan wouldn't honor LBJ.

These would've been nice

View media item 301285

This would make more sense for sure, especially when you look at this release in terms of the 2013 "OG series" and colorblocking choices on those (Black Toes being the only one to feature a predominantly white upper... though thankfully no black tongue).

Why would it just be a green and white shoe? No point of having another green and black (and or white) shoe because there would be nothing to set aside this pair from the DMP 1's besides the NA logo. How boring is that.

The ones from 2009 had the color blocking that matched the old logo. I could call these a celtics colorway with no shame, maybe it's honoring Ray Allen's time with the celtics. Who knows?

Shrug

Why would it just be a green and white shoe? No point of having another green and black (and or white) shoe because there would be nothing to set aside this pair from the DMP 1's besides the NA logo. How boring is that.

Wow, amazing that this guy can't read when once again I just laid out my opinion that the above black and green mock up would have been a much better fit with the 2013 OG CW series.

I'm headed back to the other thread for this shoe where I can voice my opinion without being mimed by a monkey who ignores what's on his screen.

Last edited:
This dude also saying how I cant read but failed to comprehend me saying how the black and green mock would be just like the other celtics 1's but with a NA logo... People these days try so hard to put their point across that they don't see what others are saying.

Last edited:

Celtics Logo 1978 - 1995
View media item 301612
Celtics won the championship that year. Perhaps the inclusion of gold is a nod to that fact.

Last edited:
 A lot of this going around with people not being able to take a simple debate and catching feelings because they can't get over the fact that there is gold and black in a shoe they're not planning on buying... 

Sounds Legit.

If something were to happen to this thread I'm sorry before hand. It's just I can't stand people downplaying a shoe so that other people dislike it. It's one thing to have an opinion but really wrongfully ranting about it and calling someone your debating with out their name isn't ever called for.

Back
Top Bottom