Air Jordan 1 High "OG" Celtics - April 6th 2013 Vol. Updates Always on Page 1

That Lakers pair is awful.....even the Lakers inspired strap I that can be found for 75$ shipped is better than those.

A White (reverse Lakers 6) would be nice.

Anyways, those stealth 3s are definitely underrated to the fullest extent.

I love my pair.

The Pistons pair look a lot better than the Lakers.  Looks like they aren't sticking to traditional leather 1 materials on the Pistons Pair. 

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2013/03/air-jordan-1-mid-pistons-vs-lakers/       (a lot more pictures of both are here)

I'd rather have the Pistons CW in all leather and Nike Air than this Celtics pair or the Lakers pair above.
nice combo i think i just thought they would focus on the 3peat anniversary more so this year as in the teams in beat in the 8s. Really looking forward to the 8 suns picture but idk whats taking so long

celtics colorway is 
pimp.gif
 hope they got nike air on the tongue

Why is there black on this CW? The more I look at it the less I understand how this is a celtics CW the way they laid it out. It's just an ugly green CW that could have been done right. I've come to the conclusion that this will be one I pay myself on the back for passing on. And I love me some 1's.

The thing is, I bought the Knicks partially because they honored MJ wearing the 1's at MSG in 98. I thought a Celtics cw should at least show some direct reference to the Boston garden. All they do is add texture and then add colors that aren't even Celtic colors? This shoe just has no meaning or thought behind it, which is a must for me on a retro+.

Chalk this up as fail #2 this year from JB in my book. The Red IVs are another horrible execution that could have been avoided.

Last edited:
Why is there black on this CW? The more I look at it the less I understand how this is a celtics CW the way they laid it out. It's just an ugly green CW that could have been done right. I've come to the conclusion that this will be one I pay myself on the back for passing on. And I love me some 1's.

The thing is, I bought the Knicks partially because they honored MJ wearing the 1's at MSG in 98. I thought a Celtics cw should at least show some direct reference to the Boston garden. All they do is add texture and then add colors that aren't even Celtic colors? This shoe just has no meaning or thought behind it, which is a must for me on a retro+.

Chalk this up as fail #2 this year from JB in my book. The Red IVs are another horrible execution that could have been avoided.

Couldn't have said it better. These nd those 4's are subpar IMO.

black shows up the least in this shoe I don't see it as a big hender for it ether, but like I said before of one of the things I enjoyed about it was it looked like the chicago 1s and that's the shoe he wore when he lose in the playoffs but played like "god" with his 60+ points.

Thats why I believe its black in the shoe also the red from the chicago is clearly replaced with red as for green The celtics now a days still use gold as a very very secondary color so I dont see why your mad about that.

Imo these are better then the dmp ones because those look more like black toes as for the hardwood floor design they could've done that a hell of a lot better but hey its JB. I would chalk it up as a good job for JB because so many real pointless cws out there especially for 1s atleast they tried to add a little of jordans history and hurdles with this shoe.

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I actually like these a lot with the black. Just because the Celtics don't wear black doesn't mean they should automatically be considered a fail. The shoe itself looks good imo, and it does use Green and Gold which are the celtics main and alternate colors.

Though whoever said the red 4's were a failed project could not be more right. The original pics looked like they would be sick, but the execution on those was terrible

View media item 300940
View media item 300941
Am I missing something?? They wear their alternate jersey with the black letters/numbers all the time. And the gold numbers/letters for St. Patty's day.
I think some of y'all just reaching not to like them, which is fine, but at least be accurate with your arguments.

They don't wear Black, Gold and Green together, and those are recent jerseys. IMO if you want to honor the 63 pt game, at least try to tie it into the history and colors of that time period. This CW blows.

They don't wear Black, Gold and Green together, and those are recent jerseys. IMO if you want to honor the 63 pt game, at least try to tie it into the history and colors of that time period. This CW blows.
It did if you bothered to read my comment at all they just inverted the red and black in the shoes he wore during that game (chicago) and made it green and gold. The green is clearly a celtics color and the "gold" is more of the color of any hardwood floor back then anyway. This is just like the cavs 4s that inverted the black cement 4s but maybe the red and grey blue and orange.

If you don't like the CW just say that because they couldn't have tried to tie in the history and colors anymore then they did with this one. 

It did if you bothered to read my comment at all they just inverted the red and black in the shoes he wore during that game (chicago) and made it green and gold. The green is clearly a celtics color and the "gold" is more of the color of any hardwood floor back then anyway. This is just like the cavs 4s that inverted the black cement 4s but maybe the red and grey blue and orange.

If you don't like the CW just say that because they couldn't have tried to tie in the history and colors anymore then they did with this one. 

I said they did a poor job of tying it to the history and colors. And I said I don't like the CW. What's so tough to understand here pal?

Also: the black tongue has nothing to do with the OG colorway, which only has a black swoosh on the entire shoe he wore to drop 63 on the Celtics. It was never part of an 80's Celtics jersey design, and is completely out of place. Black + Gold = not a celtics color combination. They don't have any apparel or jerseys with both black and gold together. It's ugly, and let's not even start on the green "parquet".

Last edited:
I said they did a poor job of tying it to the history and colors. And I said I don't like the CW. What's so tough to understand here pal?
So its a poor job because they used the shoe he wore as a base and switched the colors so i guess the cav 4s, DMP6 & magic 7s CWs that were made for celebrations of events were a poor job also? I understand everything completely you dont like the shoe thats find and dandy but you said the colors they used have nothing to do with old celtics... False they do have a lot to do with old celtics. If you dont like a shoe thats fine if you rant about it not being good and your argument against it isn't true then you just wasted your and our time saying all that extra stuff.

So its a poor job because they used the shoe he wore as a base and switched the colors so i guess the cav 4s, DMP6 & magic 7s CWs that were made for celebrations of events were a poor job also? I understand everything completely you dont like the shoe thats find and dandy but you said the colors they used have nothing to do with old celtics... False they do have a lot to do with old celtics. If you dont like a shoe thats fine if you rant about it not being good and your argument against it isn't true then you just wasted your and our time saying all that extra stuff.

Reading comprehension fail. The colors they used don't reflect the Celtics or Garden theme very well. It's not executed well, it doesn't convey the history well. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I feel like I'm talking to a third grader here. Go back to my initial post: I like the Knicks 1's because they did them right. The colorblocking made sense, the nod to MSG on the insole, etc. made sense. On this shoe they failed to adequately capture the history, the team, or the venue with the shoe.

If you look at this shoe, it doesn't look like a Celtics shoe. It looks more like a Catholic high school or college (almost ND in some ways). The design does not look like a Boston Celtics shoe IMO, and they could have done a lot more to make it look that way. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Last edited:
Reading comprehension fail. The colors they used don't reflect the Celtics or Garden theme very well. It's not executed well, it doesn't convey the history well. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I feel like I'm talking to a third grader here. Go back to my initial post: I like the Knicks 1's because they did them right. The colorblocking made sense, the nod to MSG on the insole, etc. made sense. On this shoe they failed to adequately capture the history, the team, or the venue with the shoe.

If you look at this shoe, it doesn't look like a Celtics shoe. It looks more like a Catholic high school or college (almost ND in some ways). The design does not look like a Boston Celtics shoe IMO, and they could have done a lot more to make it look that way. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks this.
Cool I bring up valid points but if feels like your talking to a third grader... I'm not even going to work my self up over that part. Instead I'm just going to piggy back off of the only two things you said that made you like the Knicks are in the same element as this very shoe. The colorblocking is the same base as the Chicago for the third time me saying it if you dont like the color blocking you clearly ether don't like the colors green or gold or don't like the Chicago's colorblocking. As for the the nods to the team if isn't the celtics hardwood floor pattern used in the green then I don't know what is and plus you havent even seen the insole of this shoe how would you know if they're any more nods. 

If it wasn't for melo's head band the knicks could easy pass of any other team with orange and blue colors in NY (knicks,islanders,syracuse) but it's clear none of those teams wouldn't make sense because Michael Jordan made history against the Knicks. Of course you can compare this shoe to a ND (for reasons you compare a Basketball team to a football team not sure why) or even SVSM because they use the same mascot theme but it only makes sense to have it as Celtics. 

The point I'm trying to get at here is your stating your opinion (you dont like this shoe) that's fine but the reasons and facts you putting behind your argument arn't even adding up because you like other shoes with the same elements you say this shoe doesn't have but clear it does have them same elements. If you don't like the colorblocking and theme cool with me but you saying it doesn't have those elements or even that those elements are bad just doesn't make any sense to me. At the end of the day it's very clear this is a Celtics shoe and very clear the Knicks was a Knicks CW I respect your opinion but the reasons you gave me didn't justify your side is what I'm arguing.

Last edited:
The colorblocking is the same base as the Chicago for the third time me saying it if you dont like the color blocking you clearly ether don't like the colors green or gold or don't like the Chicago's colorblocking.

No, it is NOT AT ALL THE SAME. And who the hell are you to tell me what I do and don't like? Your entire post is garbage.

My reasoning has been very clear. It's a poor job at representing the Celtics or Boston Garden. Black, Gold and Green together is not anything you would find as far as Celtics apparel or shoes. The texture on the green leather hardly reflects the parquet and is atrocious.

If this was SO clear as a Celtics shoe, the web wouldn't have called it an SVSM colorway for the first week or two, so you're just spouting off stuff that doesn't even reflect reality here. Keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom