Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

I just can’t sell myself on these and I don’t know why. I was excited at first but pics just haven’t been appealing. Don’t know if dropping $500 on these just to see them in person and possibly still feel the same is worth it.

I just can’t sell myself on these and I don’t know why. I was excited at first but pics just haven’t been appealing. Don’t know if dropping $500 on these just to see them in person and possibly still feel the same is worth it.

Worst case, you cop for $500, and if you dont like, you can likely break even or hold for a bit and likely make more back

I will say for such a plain shoe, soon as I had them in hand, I was sold

I don't want convince you to spend $500+..... BUT like what @Lakers mention, when you get these in hand they're something else. If you think about it, this shoe can be worn with anything like your AF1 lows, but i think they're even more versatile just do to the more streamlined profile. Took nearly 30 years to finally get a retro, and to be honest we probably won't see them again because it's too low profile. I believe we're only seeing these now because there was a small cult following to these, add that to the boom with AJ 1s and also vintage clothing, carhartt, etc... these pretty much fathered this off white/ neutral grey trend we're seeing now. Hell pantone has "ultimate grey" as color of the year https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2021, damn near Neutral grey.

Last edited:
That’s because they didn’t get them right. You know it and I know it.

I don't want convince you to spend $500+..... BUT like what @Lakers mention, when you get these in hand they're something else. If you think about it, this shoe can be worn with anything like your AF1 lows, but i think they're even more versatile just do to the more streamlined profile. Took nearly 30 years to finally get a retro, and to be honest we probably won't see them again because it's too low profile. I believe we're only seeing these now because there was a small cult following to these, add that to the boom with AJ 1s and also vintage clothing, carhartt, etc... these pretty much fathered this off white/ neutral grey trend we're seeing now. Hell pantone has "ultimate grey" as color of the year https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2021, damn near Neutral grey.
The lows look better and don‘t have a jacked toebox. I will be in on those.

it's a very plain sneaker. I wouldn't buy them if you're not a fan of the colorway.

That’s because they didn’t get them right. You know it and I know it.
1616004016494.png

The lows look better and don‘t have a jacked toebox. I will be in on those.
Yea, still little discrepancies but i'll be on a pair since they're closer to the OGs material wise (suede swoosh, suede ankle pad, tone-on-tone wings logo). I'll keep my '15 lows on ice since i like that shape better.

So the few discrepancies noted on the ‘85 are a no-go but the completely fabricated, pulled outta some second-rate JB designers *** in 2014 shape of the remastered OG High is on point? Confusing :lol:
I have pears of 1985 1 in all sorts of condition and in no single way is the remastered 1 model closer to the actual 1985 AJ1 than the ‘85 Hi
If you like your 1s shaped like the Adidas KOBE thats cool... but it certainly ain’t better

Closer to OG materials??? You do know the OG didn’t have suede right? The swoosh was grey griptape and the ankle was leather.
I don't own any original 1985s, i just go off images and it appeared to me as suede. I'm specifically referring to the panel where the wings logo is on, it looks to be the same material as the swoosh. However, I do appreciate the use of materials that resemble the OGs. There could be many factors as to why they don't use the OG materials, maybe sustainable or different smaterial supplier, etc.... But again i do appreciate how close they're trying to get to OGs, and it's closer than the '15 edition.
1616010239274.png

1616010576196.png

Yea, still little discrepancies but i'll be on a pair since they're closer to the OGs material wise (suede swoosh, suede ankle pad, tone-on-tone wings logo). I'll keep my '15 lows on ice since i like that shape better.
‘15 lows are better shape wise, but 2021 lows are a better choice than the high’s. I’d keep both, like you said. 👍

Last edited:
I don't own any original 1985s, i just go off images and it appeared to me as suede. I'm specifically referring to the panel where the wings logo is on, it looks to be the same material as the swoosh. However, I do appreciate the use of materials that resemble the OGs. There could be many factors as to why they don't use the OG materials, maybe sustainable or different smaterial supplier, etc.... But again i do appreciate how close they're trying to get to OGs, and it's closer than the '15 edition.
1616010239274.png

1616010576196.png

most didn’t own the 2015 lows because the swoosh was 3m

got rid of my pair long time ago but I’m 97% sure it was

most don't own the lows because most don't mess with lows

if there was 3M, it played a only small factor why people didn't get them lol

Back
Top Bottom