Adidas ORIGINALS updates

repsect to adi for doing collabs that arent the norm (giving ransom their own line, O.C., J.S. etc) but this second release of raf simmons joints are just. :x

don't know if these are part of the mcnairy "mcnasty" collab, but im liking these. kinda similar to the ADIDAS ZXZ ADV 84 lab joints.

^ Naw, first thing I did was re-lace them.  

I'm not worried about it though.  I googled a few ways of widening/loosening up sneakers and it looks like it won't take much.  I'll probably hit up a local cobbler and have them do it if my methods don't work.  It beats the alternative of having to resell and then track down a sz 11.5. 

All that said, these joints are piff.  Well worth the ridiculous resell price I paid.  :smh: :lol:

I too bought my own size and they feel a little snug, just wonder whats your method to make them fit better?

^ today I threw on some thick *** Timberland socks and another pair of athletic socks, squeezed my foot into them and then took a hair dryer to the snug areas.

Obviously you want to always keep the hot air moving around so you don't ruin the plush materials. I'd also advise taking out the Torsion lace tag, too. But I used the blow dryer for about 5 minutes straight on each shoe, heating them up to the point where my feet started getting uncomfortably hot.

After that I sat down with the shoes on and watched an episode of The Wire, but I kept wiggling my toes a little bit to help loosen them up. And honestly, it worked. They aren't exactly where I want them so I'll do it again tomorrow, but they're definitely looser than they were. And the shoes look fine--no damage at all from the hair dryer.

^ I don't have the guts to hair dry my shoes : (

Wouldn't it be safer to just to wear it a lot?
Honestly, if you keep the hair dryer moving at all times and don't focus on one spot, it really is pretty harmless.  But I feel your apprehension.  I spent a good day researching whether or not doing that would mess them up.  Luckily it worked without any damage.  

Got the Rivalry Hi today! These are AMAZING compare to the zx500, I was a litte disappointed with the zx500 TBH but these just blew them away!! The quality of the leather are better than anything I've seen on any Nikes or Adidas. They are TTS to me unlike the zx500 (1/2 size big).

Inside the tongue are all lambskin leather!!

Dope shots man.

EDIT. Repped. :nerd:

-Drew

Last edited:
Mita zx8000s are on Karmaloop for $104 now.

Use code GREEN30 for 30% off that price. Comes out to about $81 shipped if you throw a rep code in there too.

Not too shabby of a price. Trying to exercise willpower and not buy a backup, but resistance is futile at that price. :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

respect for dropping the info. that is def a deal, but after getting em for half price from packers i don't think any price would make me happy. :smh:

^ Yeah I grabbed those from Packers too...$75 shipped. $6 more isn't too bad.

I really need to use that $$ towards a few other pairs of ZXs, but I don't think these will drop too much lower in price so I may swoop on em while I can.

Anyone happen to know the production numbers of the Mastermind Japan collection?

Specifically the Rivalry Hi's? How was everyone's experience copping them? :lol:

-Drew

nah, the price is nice. im just an ******* and the price i got em from packers is the price they are going for in my head. speaking of which wore mine over the weekend.

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know the production numbers of the Mastermind Japan collection?

Specifically the Rivalry Hi's? How was everyone's experience copping them?
laugh.gif

-Drew
The ZX500 was the first to go everywhere, followed by the Rivalry and the Superstar. The quality of the leather that was used throughout the pack is top notch, especially on the backside of the tongue. I would've picked up that jacket if it didn't have the skull and crossbones on the back.

Specifically the Rivalry Hi's? How was everyone's experience copping them? :lol:

-Drew
The ZX500 was the first to go everywhere, followed by the Rivalry and the Superstar. The quality of the leather that was used throughout the pack is top notch, especially on the backside of the tongue. I would've picked up that jacket if it didn't have the skull and crossbones on the back.

Thanks bro, repped. :smokin

I'm thinking of scooping up a pair of the zx500s. Were they TTS? I just recently bought a pair of the Rivalrys. How do the zx500s compare to them?

-Drew

Thanks bro, repped. :smokin

I'm thinking of scooping up a pair of the zx500s. Were they TTS? I just recently bought a pair of the Rivalrys. How do the zx500s compare to them?

-Drew
they're 1/2 size big

Mita zx8000s are on Karmaloop for $104 now.

Use code GREEN30 for 30% off that price. Comes out to about $81 shipped if you throw a rep code in there too.

Not too shabby of a price. Trying to exercise willpower and not buy a backup, but resistance is futile at that price. :lol:

Damn, I don't know what's wrong with me. I've never been so indecisive about buying shoes before. I passed on them the first time, I wanted them last week, and now I'm hesitating : (

Thanks for the info, repped.

Back
Top Bottom