ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still on the hunt for the UB Uncaged Olympics in an 8.5.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Nothing on the bay and there really hasn't been word on a US release... Any help is appreciated!

Pen method to me is just easier haha. I am not artistically inclined nor did I color within the lines as a child so I tried going for the easiest way to custom.

Feature's method will probably be the sure way to get the best results.
I seen Plasti-Dip way

they taped up n sprayed it

looked better n the rubber flexed with the shoe

Size 12 3M's are hard to come by. I got so many pair on my list to acquire I just keep bumping those to the end of the line. Blue 1.0, Silver or MG, 3M are my short list rn
I regret passing on silvers when I had them lined up for $220. Already had wool greys/MG and didn't feel I needed another grey shoe
mean.gif

Size 12 3M's are hard to come by. I got so many pair on my list to acquire I just keep bumping those to the end of the line. Blue 1.0, Silver or MG, 3M are my short list rn
I have been eyeing a pair on Stockx but I just don't wanna pay close to $400

^ I wash just thinking about Plasti-dipping the cage part since you could easily pull it away from the knit part. Conjuring up custom ideas now...

No doubt, took me a long minute to find my sz 12 3m.  Good luck

I seen Plasti-Dip way

they taped up n sprayed it

looked better n the rubber flexed with the shoe
Even my taping skills are sub-par
laugh.gif

I'd probably end of with speckled UBs if I did that method.

That wouldn't be a bad Idea though however that's a lotta material being added to the boost.

Do you see this Adidas?! Fans of Boosts gotta customize their $180 pair of shoes to achieve something they want.

Give us MiAdidas or better CWs.

Even my taping skills are sub-par
laugh.gif

I'd probably end of with speckled UBs if I did that method.

That wouldn't be a bad Idea though however that's a lotta material being added to the boost.
That's the thing the tape up

I can't do it either.. I had someone do mine for me.

But with a airbrush gun or paint can

3 even layers would look clean and stay solid 

Check it out

http://www.homedepot.com/s/plasti%20dip?NCNI-5

you can buy it by the spray or paint 

That's the thing the tape up

I can't do it either.. I had someone do mine for me.

But with a airbrush gun or paint can

3 even layers would look clean and stay solid 

Check it out

http://www.homedepot.com/s/plasti%20dip?NCNI-5

you can buy it by the spray or paint 
Yea my buddies and I helped our friend Plasti-dip their rims. It's a great alternative and pretty durable but my only contribution to the project was pandora DJ and breakfast provider.

I blacked out my boost last week. Came out awesome. They're more of a matte charcoal black instead of that glossy finish. I don't have any pictures on my phone, I will post later when I'm home. Didn't come out streaky at all. I used the method that cpf262 cpf262 recommended. Few coats of leather dye as a base and then a black fabric market on top to finish it off.

edit: just realized the topic was blacking out the cage and not boost, my b... I'll still post pictures later though If anyone cared

Last edited:
Do you see this Adidas?! Fans of Boosts gotta customize their $180 pair of shoes to achieve something they want.

Give us MiAdidas or better CWs.

Black with white stripes, white with black stripes. They need to give me what I want. I can't keep wearing my sambas.

Black with white stripes, white with black stripes. They need to give me what I want. I can't keep wearing my sambas.
Before UB hype, I was constantly making my own Gazelles / Sambas / LA Trainers on MiAdidas.

I blacked out my boost last week. Came out awesome. They're more of a matte charcoal black instead of that glossy finish. I don't have any pictures on my phone, I will post later when I'm home. Didn't come out streaky at all. I used the method that @cpf262 recommended. Few coats of leather dye as a base and then a black fabric market on top to finish it off.

edit: just realized the topic was blacking out the cage and not boost, my b... I'll still post pictures later though If anyone cared
Nah, we're talking boost too, not just cage. I'd appreciate a pic if you can.

My local store only had Leather Paint, not Dye. Am I still good?

Was gonna follow the Feature video by doing a prep wash with the acetone, then 2-3 layers of Angelus Black Acrylic Leather Paint, then 1-2 layers of Angelus Flat Black Acrylic Leather Paint.

Does that sound like a safe idea? I'd like to go more for that 'charcoal black' instead of glossy finish too

Nah, we're talking boost too, not just cage. I'd appreciate a pic if you can.

My local store only had Leather Paint, not Dye. Am I still good?

Was gonna follow the Feature video by doing a prep wash with the acetone, then 2-3 layers of Angelus Black Acrylic Leather Paint, then 1-2 layers of Angelus Flat Black Acrylic Leather Paint.

Does that sound like a safe idea? I'd like to go more for that 'charcoal black' instead of glossy finish too

All credit goes to cpf262 cpf262 for the method. But I used acetone to remove the gloss finish. Then applied a couple thin coats of Angelus leather dye jet black and then finished it off with a few layers of Marvy uchida deco tissu black fabric marker. The fabric marker gives it a dark grey/charcoal matte finish, instead of the gloss black. Be very careful applying the leather dye, as that immediately stains the little grey plastic pieces on the bottom of the boost sole. Won't be home until tn to post pictures, but I will definitely put a few up.

Awesome cant wait to see some pics!

Angelus paint will crack. Already tried that several times. Fabric marker is way to go imo.

Back
Top Bottom