ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently waiting on Olive and Burgundy 2.0 
glasses.gif

Alrighty, seems like I'll be returning the Angelus Paint and waiting until they get Dye in. I'd like to get it right for my first try rather than ruin a perfectly good pair

@jpac1738  I know that everybody's got their own method and opinion on painting/customizing UBs, but at some point it might be helpful to compile some info on pg 1. Just a thought

Im late to the UBs but I've copped the triple white 2.0s and silver medals this week lol. I can't believe that I slept on these! With that said, can somebody fill me in on the differences between 1.0s and 2.0? And why does everyone seem to hate the gradients? Thanks guys

Alrighty, seems like I'll be returning the Angelus Paint and waiting until they get Dye in. I'd like to get it right for my first try rather than ruin a perfectly good pair

@jpac1738  I know that everybody's got their own method and opinion on painting/customizing UBs, but at some point it might be helpful to compile some info on pg 1. Just a thought
That's a great idea. If Adidas doesn't give us colored boost or at least rumors of colored boost in the coming months, compiling techniques to black/color boost will need to be done.

Im late to the UBs but I've copped the triple white 2.0s and silver medals this week lol. I can't believe that I slept on these! With that said, can somebody fill me in on the differences between 1.0s and 2.0? And why does everyone seem to hate the gradients? Thanks guys
Just did a quick google search and found some comparisons on Youtube. From Kadin Yu's vid:

2.0 left - 1.0 right.

People prefer 1.0 knit more as it goes better with the silhouette of the UB. Not much difference other than the knit pattern and outsole between the two.

Last edited:

Just did a quick google search and found some comparisons on Youtube. From Kadin Yu's vid:

2.0 left - 1.0 right.

People prefer 1.0 knit more as it goes better with the silhouette of the UB. Not much difference other than the knit pattern and outsole between the two.
To be fair, I think the difference between 1.0 and 2.0 of the core blacks is the least noticeable of all the gradients vs 1.0s. I personally like the 2.0 core blacks. If the gold that released yesterday had been an easy cop I might have grabbed it, peeled off the gold heel cup, and had a 2.0 core black with a leather cage.

Something like these might be a better indicator of gradients that people don't like more:

Got my Gold pair. Love em. Can't wait to bust em out in the streets. Leather cage is a nice touch. I was half expecting synthetic after years of JB's trash, but was pleasantly surprised to see it was real leather.

The 2.0 knit feels more subtle, like a complete sneaker. The 1.0 more focused on its pattern, better individually though it is

My opinion if you still haven't copped 3ms, is to bite the bullet and pay resale now. Certain sizes are becoming somewhat difficult to track down. It seems these people really are sitting on their pairs for as long as it takes, and the prices continue to rise. I usually never pay resale, or if I do it's not much over retail. But I refused to pay resale for 3ms and the price just kept going up, and up. I really can't imagine them going down unless all of a sudden there are more pairs or the boost hype just straight dies. And if you think about, the resale isn't that horrible right now in the grand scheme of things. You're already paying 192-193 with tax for pairs of UB. So what if you spend another 125-150 on top? Not THAT big of a deal really. If the money is truly an issue, you can always sell something to even it out, or just not buy the next UB or luxury item you would have purchased next.

I regret trading my 3M's for HighSnobietys. Love the HS color way but those 3M's were just gorgeous. Ah well..

Back
Top Bottom