7/14 WWE MONEY IN THE BANK PPV IN PHILLY - 2 MITB MATCHES, RVD RETURNS, CENA V HENRY

Smack down is in Houston on the 25th. Is it worth spending $45 on an upper level ticket?

- WWE officials were happy with the way Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper debuted on last night’s RAW, even though they were debuted in a segment that normally gets bad ratings. No word yet on WWE’s response to the crowd reaction but it’s worth noting that they did not edit out the Husky Harris chants when re-posting the debut on YouTube and WWE.com.

- There was immediate speculation that The Wyatts were gearing up for a SummerSlam match against Kane and The Undertaker after they took out Kane on RAW last night. F4Wonline.com reports that The Undertaker may not be ready for SummerSlam as he’s hurt again. Apparently Taker injured himself in his most recent WWE TV angle with The Shield a few months ago.

For what it’s worth, WWE’s goal with The Wyatt Family is said to be turning them babyface but that likely won’t happen for a while.

- Ring of Honor star Rhett Titus appeared in a backstage segment with Vince McMahon, Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox during last night’s RAW. Word from RAW is that Titus has not signed a deal with WWE yet. He has not began the process for WWE to sign him such as physical tests and everything that goes along with it. He is still signed to ROH but because of storylines there, he’s off TV and has looked into work elsewhere. Titus was booked last week to come work this week’s TV tapings as a tryout.

- It was reported earlier this year that former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis was in talks to return to the company for a multi-Diva match at WrestleMania 28. It was later reported that some current WWE Divas had a problem with Maria and others returning to they nixed their returns. Last night on Twitter, Maria revealed which Divas prevented her WWE return. She tweeted:

“I was offered a @wwe contract and the Bellas made sure I didn’t get it. I’m not bitter. I just don’t like people that mess with my career.”

Last edited:
Went to Raw last night. Thought the crowd was pretty good other than the Husky Harris chant which was disappointing. They were heckling Cena hard during his segment with Mark though which was :smokin

I'm going with RVD winning. Dude's not coming back for nothing.
They're probably throwing him a decent amount of money to return for a short while, maybe similar to Brock.

No way is he winning.
Similar to Brock money?!?!? 
roll.gif

Brock's getting around $5 million a year for approximately 25 appearances with 3 matches.  RVD's not getting 10% of that.

The Vickie Gut Check segment didn't make any sense last night with Vince and Hunter.  In the weeks leading up to this, Vince was always negative on Vickie backstage, and HHH was fairly positive.  Last night, they completely flipped roles.

Not looking forward to Brad Maddox one bit.  Guy is a clown.

I have to say that Vickie/McMahon segment was unintentional comedy :lol: HHH fighting back tears of laughter

Similar to Brock money?!?!? 
roll.gif

Brock's getting around $5 million a year for approximately 25 appearances with 3 matches.  RVD's not getting 10% of that.

I should have rephrased my post better. RVD won't be seeing Brock money, but I meant that he would have a schedule like Brock.

Regardless, RVD is not winning the MITB.

RVD is coming in with a limited schedule.  Not as limited as Brock, but he won't be a full time guy.  It's also a short term deal at this time, though if things go well, he'll likely be signed again.  Similar to Jericho.

The Vickie Gut Check segment didn't make any sense last night with Vince and Hunter.  In the weeks leading up to this, Vince was always negative on Vickie backstage, and HHH was fairly positive.  Last night, they completely flipped roles.

Not looking forward to Brad Maddox one bit.  Guy is a clown.

What exactly do you look forward to on WWE programming?

Why is Randy Orton the favorite to win Money In The Bank? according to the betting sites. I thought he's on a tight leash?

Why is Randy Orton the favorite to win Money In The Bank? according to the betting sites. I thought he's on a tight leash?
The 2 wrestlers who you'd probably think would have the best odds would be Daniel Bryan and Punk. It looks like they are going to set up a DB/Cena feud for SS and Punk will be facing Lesnar. I'd love to see RVD win, but it's highly unlikely due to his schedule. Sheamus, Kane, or Christian winning seems unrealistic. This leaves Orton. Whether he's on thin ice with the company or not, he's still one of the biggest names in the company and they probably feel like they need to give him a storyline moving forward.

The 2 wrestlers who you'd probably think would have the best odds would be Daniel Bryan and Punk. It looks like they are going to set up a DB/Cena feud for SS and Punk will be facing Lesnar. I'd love to see RVD win, but it's highly unlikely due to his schedule. Sheamus, Kane, or Christian winning seems unrealistic. This leaves Orton. Whether he's on thin ice with the company or not, he's still one of the biggest names in the company and they probably feel like they need to give him a storyline moving forward.

I don't like the idea of Daniel Bryan competing for the title. The Orton vs Cena days were some of my favorite. But isn't there usually a MITB for the Heavyweight and WWE straps?

Yeah, the other MITB match with Fandango, Swagger, Cesaro, and those guys is for the Heavyweight contract.

Oh ok, I guess they don't have the betting odds for that me yet. Every participant in that match is dull and dry IMO except Sandow.

Lilpenny is talking about The Highlanders.

View media item 487339
The reason I see RVD winning is because it doesn't make sense for anyone else, and there's been a one month build on him with at least 3 different video packages being shown during every show. Also, the Philly crowd is going to be behind RVD in the match. Kane, Christian, Punk, and Sheamus don't have a shot imo. I just can't see Orton carrying around a red briefcase with him wherever he goes, Bryan can still have a title match at Cena with Summerslam without winning this match, so that leaves RVD. I hope I'm wrong, but that's just how I see it.

I don't like the idea of Daniel Bryan competing for the title. The Orton vs Cena days were some of my favorite. But isn't there usually a MITB for the Heavyweight and WWE straps?

you don't like arguably the best worker in the company competing for the title? What? What kind of BS is that?

you don't like arguably the best worker in the company competing for the title? What? What kind of BS is that?

I like most of his storylines up to this point. But I just never saw him as WWE championship calibur. Besides I want CM Punk to be WWE Champion again.

I'm feeling good so I'm gonna share my stupid little fantasy booking idea. *time machine required

Punk wins MITB Sunday. When he climbs the ladder and starts fiddling with the case, it opens and a bunch of snakes pour out...lights go out and this theme hits

Then the snakes slither into the crowd under the cover of darkness and the venue erupts into total pandemonium. :lol:

:lol: Punk vs. Jake would look like father and son crystal meth addicts feuding.

- Following a tease that the Ultimate Warrior could be a possible playable character in WWE 2K14, the WWE Games Twitter account has confirmed the following names as playable in the upcoming video game:

Dolph Ziggler
John Cena
Ryback
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
Randy Savage

- Following a tease that the Ultimate Warrior could be a possible playable character in WWE 2K14, the WWE Games Twitter account has confirmed the following names as playable in the upcoming video game:

Dolph Ziggler
John Cena
Ryback

The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
Randy Savage
Vintage GHIMSlater

Loved the vignettes and ultimately the entrance by the Wyatt but the attack on Kane was a bit underwhelming.

The Husky Harris chants were a little irritating considering he's been doing this gimmick for about two years now.

Back
Top Bottom