6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Also, all of this talk about the impossibility to exceed the speed of light is an oversimplification of the matter.  A slightly lesser simplification would just be analyzing the equation F = ma, which means the force exerted on or by an object is equal to the mass of that object times the rate of its acceleration.

the Force/energy required to accelerate anything of appreciable mass to the speed of light would be an unfathomable amount;  even measuring the forces and energy generated by the mass of all the planets in the solar system as they move through space, it still wouldn't be enough...

grin.gif
, which is why i clearly stated that the first step would be finding an INFINITE power source...

pimp.gif

Don't blackholes bend space and time?  Light can't even escape a black hole.  So there are thing out there that might not follow the laws of physics and might make it possible to supersede all of these logical physics formulas.   

When we gonna start zooming in on planets and watching them for entertainment purpose's

When we gonna start zooming in on planets and watching them for entertainment purpose's

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Also, all of this talk about the impossibility to exceed the speed of light is an oversimplification of the matter.  A slightly lesser simplification would just be analyzing the equation F = ma, which means the force exerted on or by an object is equal to the mass of that object times the rate of its acceleration.

the Force/energy required to accelerate anything of appreciable mass to the speed of light would be an unfathomable amount;  even measuring the forces and energy generated by the mass of all the planets in the solar system as they move through space, it still wouldn't be enough...

grin.gif
, which is why i clearly stated that the first step would be finding an INFINITE power source...

pimp.gif

Don't blackholes bend space and time?  Light can't even escape a black hole.  So there are thing out there that might not follow the laws of physics and might make it possible to supersede all of these logical physics formulas.   

well, black holes are theorized to exist because they explain (balance out equations) other anomalies in our understanding of physics...

so like 2+2 = 4...but we just watched a natural occurance that says 2+1=4.....that "hidden" 1, that will make the equation "correct" again, is a black hole...(most simple way i can explain it)

so, basically, yeah....and no....lol

mind=blown

i mean, technically, a phenomena could occur tomorrow that disproves every law we've ever known about phsyics.....

keyword: COULD

Well my point is that it isn't INFINITE, its just an unimaginably huge number.  Infinity carries an entirely different connotation if you want to break something down with math ::shrug::
grin.gif
 , in the very limited amount of classes i took concerning the universe, physics, astonomy,

my understanding is that it would infact have to be infinite....to accelerate a particle with sizable mass to the speed of light is one thing, to KEEP it at the speed of light for a long enough time to make a JOURNEY, however, may be where we are hanging each other up?

i already said im no authority on this *+!#....its just interesting to me.

grin.gif

pimp.gif

well, black holes are theorized to exist because they explain (balance out equations) other anomalies in our understanding of physics...

so like 2+2 = 4...but we just watched a natural occurance that says 2+1=4.....that "hidden" 1, that will make the equation "correct" again, is a black hole...(most simple way i can explain it)

so, basically, yeah....and no....lol

mind=blown

i mean, technically, a phenomena could occur tomorrow that disproves every law we've ever known about phsyics.....

keyword: COULD

Well my point is that it isn't INFINITE, its just an unimaginably huge number.  Infinity carries an entirely different connotation if you want to break something down with math ::shrug::
grin.gif
 , in the very limited amount of classes i took concerning the universe, physics, astonomy,

my understanding is that it would infact have to be infinite....to accelerate a particle with sizable mass to the speed of light is one thing, to KEEP it at the speed of light for a long enough time to make a JOURNEY, however, may be where we are hanging each other up?

i already said im no authority on this *+!#....its just interesting to me.

Originally Posted by Screech

Nasa has an iphone app for SDO (the solar dynamics observatory) that allows you to view live streams of the sun in 3D you can rotate the sun with a flick of your finger.  If you really want to stare and the sun and map solar flares yourself i guess you could.... but we are getting there lol.

Nasa has an iphone app for SDO (the solar dynamics observatory) that allows you to view live streams of the sun in 3D you can rotate the sun with a flick of your finger.  If you really want to stare and the sun and map solar flares yourself i guess you could.... but we are getting there lol.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Dumb question, if we had a telescope that can look 2000 light years away, strong enough to zoom on a planet and see the people. Would that mean What we are seeing is 2000 years ago on that planet?

Dumb question, if we had a telescope that can look 2000 light years away, strong enough to zoom on a planet and see the people. Would that mean What we are seeing is 2000 years ago on that planet?

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

good question, good question lol 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

good question, good question lol 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Y'all are completely sleeping on my first post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field

We've already used the hubble telescope to look tens of billions of years in the past.  It's probably the most amazing image mankind has ever created.

Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field_part_d.jpg

The image you see here is 13 billion years old, less than a billion years after the big bang.

alien.gif
alien.gif
The earth is only 5000 years old brah.  God wasn't making that stuff 13 Billion years ago. Jesus.

wait, what?????

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Y'all are completely sleeping on my first post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field

We've already used the hubble telescope to look tens of billions of years in the past.  It's probably the most amazing image mankind has ever created.

Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field_part_d.jpg

The image you see here is 13 billion years old, less than a billion years after the big bang.

alien.gif
alien.gif
The earth is only 5000 years old brah.  God wasn't making that stuff 13 Billion years ago. Jesus.

wait, what?????

Imagine if they could get a picture of the actual big bang, or what ever there was before that. This stuff is crazy. Bump, keep this thread alive.

Imagine if they could get a picture of the actual big bang, or what ever there was before that. This stuff is crazy. Bump, keep this thread alive.

Back
Top Bottom