6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

ironic thing is that op works for nasa
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

so once we find an infinite power source, which we need to accelerate objects to the speed of light...

THEN we need to find materials that can withstand being accelerated to the speed of light...

THEN we need to build a craft out of said material that will stay together during acceleration to the speed of light...

THEN we need to test human beings being accelerated to the speed of light...

THEN......itll take us 2000 years to get there....

ROFL

Meh, all we need to do is bend the dimensions of space and time by creating a wormhole that will get us there in 2 days. Yall living in the dark ages.

quickest way between two points is to bend the space together...
pimp.gif

event horizon quoooote

so once we find an infinite power source, which we need to accelerate objects to the speed of light...

THEN we need to find materials that can withstand being accelerated to the speed of light...

THEN we need to build a craft out of said material that will stay together during acceleration to the speed of light...

ROFL

Meh, all we need to do is bend the dimensions of space and time by creating a wormhole that will get us there in 2 days. Yall living in the dark ages.

quickest way between two points is to bend the space together...
pimp.gif

event horizon quoooote

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

No, light takes time to to travel. Even light from something 2 feet in front of you took time to get to your eyes, although it is a minuscule amount.

The nearest star from us is Procyon at about 4 light years away. Whatever light we see from it is 4 years old. So a star that is 2000 light years away, the light coming from that star would be 2000 years old.

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. It is the only constant in our universe. If something does, our whole concept of physics, astronomy, and cosmology would be completely wrong.
So when you hear about aliens coming to Earth like in that 15 page thread, just know that it's preposterous.

It would take them hundreds of thousands of years to get Earth.  That means if they even had telescopes powerful enough to see us, they would've seen us back in time hundreds of thousands of years ago. They then would have had to deduce that whatever animals on Earth at that time would evolve and eventually become humans ON THEIR WAY TO EARTH on their ufo. 
What if they saw our planet 2000 years ago, when Jesus was here, so they came to abduct him. But when they got here, 2000+ years has pass. So they left.

No, light takes time to to travel. Even light from something 2 feet in front of you took time to get to your eyes, although it is a minuscule amount.

The nearest star from us is Procyon at about 4 light years away. Whatever light we see from it is 4 years old. So a star that is 2000 light years away, the light coming from that star would be 2000 years old.

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. It is the only constant in our universe. If something does, our whole concept of physics, astronomy, and cosmology would be completely wrong.
So when you hear about aliens coming to Earth like in that 15 page thread, just know that it's preposterous.

It would take them hundreds of thousands of years to get Earth.  That means if they even had telescopes powerful enough to see us, they would've seen us back in time hundreds of thousands of years ago. They then would have had to deduce that whatever animals on Earth at that time would evolve and eventually become humans ON THEIR WAY TO EARTH on their ufo. 
What if they saw our planet 2000 years ago, when Jesus was here, so they came to abduct him. But when they got here, 2000+ years has pass. So they left.

rck2sactown wrote:

eNPHAN wrote:

then why the +*!% do i still poke a hole through the back of my capri sun?

tell me that......bro
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 other than your John McCain Glenn Beck Thread, I am starting to really like you
pimp.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

see, that's the problem, %%%% wasnt even about his ole "i cant high-five" @+*

eek.gif

*flatline*

rck2sactown wrote:

eNPHAN wrote:

then why the +*!% do i still poke a hole through the back of my capri sun?

tell me that......bro
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 other than your John McCain Glenn Beck Thread, I am starting to really like you
pimp.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

see, that's the problem, %%%% wasnt even about his ole "i cant high-five" @+*

eek.gif

*flatline*

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

mind=blown
roll.gif

Dame Theory wrote:
I'm waiting until they can use light to actually see in the past... 
eek.gif

like events...

MIND=BLOWN

mind=blown
roll.gif

Dame Theory wrote:
I'm waiting until they can use light to actually see in the past... 
eek.gif

like events...

MIND=BLOWN

ROFL

laugh.gif

ROFL

laugh.gif

[G14]
Such adolescent minds

in here I see but...one

day you will se

e that I have spok

en on so...much of

this to the point where

most would think i...

was a deranged paranoid

mental pati.....ent

with no

gr

asp on realit....

y
[/G14]

[G14]
Such adolescent minds

in here I see but...one

day you will se

e that I have spok

en on so...much of

this to the point where

most would think i...

was a deranged paranoid

mental pati.....ent

with no

gr

asp on realit....

y
[/G14]

mind=blown
roll.gif
Can't see what was never there 
grin.gif

mind=blown
roll.gif
Can't see what was never there 
grin.gif

ROFL

this made me
roll.gif

lemme go to target and cop that jumpdrive that opens wormholes

ROFL

this made me
roll.gif

lemme go to target and cop that jumpdrive that opens wormholes

It just kind of blows my mind that if they are looking in a telescope right now they will see us 2000 years in the future? Will they have to stand in front of that telescope for 2000 years before the image becomes visible?

Like we look at a star that is 1 light year away in a telescope. Are we seeing the star 1 year later? I get that the light that we see takes time to travel to us so but if the telescope is super strong and I'm looking in it at something 2000 light years away I'll see them 2000 years prior. So these aliens are watching gladiator real time?!?

Back
Top Bottom