6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

even more advanced than i can think of?

but we think of stargates and light speed and warp drives.....

beyond that, even?

how can something be beyond what you can fathom?

beyond unfathomable?

then why the +*!% do i still poke a hole through the back of my capri sun?

tell me that......bro

i wish i could of phantom that stinker you just threw out there 
eyes.gif

but I'll leave that up to you to decide & wrap your head around that

let you catch up like the rest

beyond that, even?

beyond unfathomable?

tell me that......bro

i wish i could of phantom that stinker you just threw out there 
eyes.gif

but I'll leave that up to you to decide & wrap your head around that

let you catch up like the rest

beyond that, even?

beyond unfathomable?

tell me that......bro
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 other than your John McCain Glenn Beck Thread, I am starting to really like you
pimp.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

beyond that, even?

beyond unfathomable?

tell me that......bro
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I'm starting to think this space travel stuff isn't meant for us. We see things that we will never get to unless we're helped by a outside party.

I'm starting to think this space travel stuff isn't meant for us. We see things that we will never get to unless we're helped by a outside party.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

tell me that......bro
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

see, that's the problem, @!%% wasnt even about his ole "i cant high-five" $!@

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

tell me that......bro
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

see, that's the problem, @!%% wasnt even about his ole "i cant high-five" $!@

So if I remember this correct, if there is life on those planets, and they have some super power telescope that is looking up close at earth, aren't they seeing earth during the times of the Romans?

So if I remember this correct, if there is life on those planets, and they have some super power telescope that is looking up close at earth, aren't they seeing earth during the times of the Romans?

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I think a telescope is kind of a bad example.  I don't know how that works.  I think sight is instantaneous.  If your telescope can see that far then all you have to do is look in it.  there is no difference in time from looking in a magnifying glass at something 2 feet away and at a star thousands of miles away.  (I could be wrong) But maybe this helps

A light year is about 6 Trillion Miles.  So basically this system is around 12 quadrillion miles away.  If we were able to communicate with them.  We would have sent a text message to one of the planets saying "sup" in year 0.....and they would have received the text 11 years ago.

The way Keplar works (all in the article im paraphrasing) is that it sees flickers of light from stars.  So it picked up flickers from this Dwarf Sun.  This means that there are planets rotating around this star.  For there to actually be a flicker it needs to be a sizable mass in the way.  So any planet in the way or asteriod wouldn't emit the same effect on the light.  They can tell how old the light is by technology (no clue how).  So they see that the light is 2000 years old.  They know the dwarf sun is 2000 light years away. 

I think a telescope is kind of a bad example.  I don't know how that works.  I think sight is instantaneous.  If your telescope can see that far then all you have to do is look in it.  there is no difference in time from looking in a magnifying glass at something 2 feet away and at a star thousands of miles away.  (I could be wrong) But maybe this helps

A light year is about 6 Trillion Miles.  So basically this system is around 12 quadrillion miles away.  If we were able to communicate with them.  We would have sent a text message to one of the planets saying "sup" in year 0.....and they would have received the text 11 years ago.

The way Keplar works (all in the article im paraphrasing) is that it sees flickers of light from stars.  So it picked up flickers from this Dwarf Sun.  This means that there are planets rotating around this star.  For there to actually be a flicker it needs to be a sizable mass in the way.  So any planet in the way or asteriod wouldn't emit the same effect on the light.  They can tell how old the light is by technology (no clue how).  So they see that the light is 2000 years old.  They know the dwarf sun is 2000 light years away. 

mind........

blown.

mind........

blown.

eh, from my understanding, you're wrong...

the lights that we watch in the sky flicker, meaning a mass passed infront of it, are flickers from 100s of years ago....

so the flicker you see NOW, happend x number of 100s of years ago...

so, as far as MY understanding, they WOULD see us thousands of years back....

but i could be wrong too...

Back
Top Bottom