-----50 Cent VS JAY-Z (KING of NEW YORK)------

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

corny (c) Chris Brown - my new response

indifferent.gif
that's not what he said though!!! Cornball [emoji]169[/emoji]Chris Brown

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yea which was completely irrelevant going off what as previously said in the last few posts. Last two ppl credited Curtis' success to Eminem and I scoffed at it with a few sarcastic questions.
if anythin i would thnk Im sayin its both, but most notably bein 50 dropped a great album. yall get emotional and heated over silly stuff. Shoot im agreein with you...in a sense. but to ignore the em dre cosign wouldnt be right either.

LOL only NT
I'll say it like this so you can see where we differ. If Curtis wasn't signed on Shady Aftermath and was on another major label and had noaffiliation with Em his album would've still did the #s it did. A lot of yall talking about a cosign like Em was in every Curtis video or was all over hisalbum. The way I remember it after the albums Em dropped in that period in no way do you align that with Curtis. I still think their one of the weirdestpartnerships in rap just based off of content.

Take away w/e help Em gave and Curtis still had a crazy buzz and hype by the time his album dropped. I wasn't rolling with the movement at the time so Ican say this without bias since I'm not even a big Curtis fan anyway. All you heard about dude was he got shot 9 times(when he only got shot at 9 times),he was beefing with Ja Rule, and eventually his In Da Club single. If anything Ja Rule and his downfall played a bigger factor in Curtis doing the #s he did.

Nobody's getting emotional but watching flat out fallacies be posted cuz of some need to defend some other man isn't a good look. dudes stay trying torewrite history.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by kobe8knaipp

i dont get the numbers dont lie jab jay-z mighta thrown at 50.... because if numbers dont lie 50 CENT has sold just as much albums overall as Jay-Z with 4... as Jay-z has with 11.....

QFT, like i said..he accomplished what jay-z did in 1/2 da time.
false Sales wise maybe, Consecutive #1 albums? Awards? Ground breaking tours? Clothing? etc etc
let's just forget that jay-z and 50 both had reebok deals
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

let's also forget g-unit clothin seemed like it was everywhere for years

tours? da get rich and die tryin tour, have we forgotten that album is DIAMOND?
laugh.gif
same wit da massacre

2 video games who cares

a movie it was wack as hell

Vitamin water = cant front that was a crazy deal.

50 has defiinitely got da 1 up on hova when it comes to doin everything in 1/2 da time.

and 50 is 100% right on overseas acclaim, he's bigger then him out in other countries.

You a funny dude.
Every thread i see you sayin Jay stans are this and that.....im sure theres some truth t it.
But i see you in every 50 thread making excuses or cosigning WHATEVER he does.

If you dont consider yourself a 50 STAN, you should according to YOUR logic.

And it should be about the QUALITY of music that matters, and in that case 50 falls waaaaaaaaay short.

Yea which was completely irrelevant going off what as previously said in the last few posts. Last two ppl credited Curtis' success to Eminem and I scoffed at it with a few sarcastic questions.
if anythin i would thnk Im sayin its both, but most notably bein 50 dropped a great album. yall get emotional and heated over silly stuff. Shoot im agreein with you...in a sense. but to ignore the em dre cosign wouldnt be right either.

LOL only NT
I'll say it like this so you can see where we differ. If Curtis wasn't signed on Shady Aftermath and was on another major label and had no affiliation with Em his album would've still did the #s it did. A lot of yall talking about a cosign like Em was in every Curtis video or was all over his album. The way I remember it after the albums Em dropped in that period in no way do you align that with Curtis. I still think their one of the weirdest partnerships in rap just based off of content.

Take away w/e help Em gave and Curtis still had a crazy buzz and hype by the time his album dropped. I wasn't rolling with the movement at the time so I can say this without bias since I'm not even a big Curtis fan anyway. All you heard about dude was he got shot 9 times(when he only got shot at 9 times), he was beefing with Ja Rule, and eventually his In Da Club single. If anything Ja Rule and his downfall played a bigger factor in Curtis doing the #s he did.

Nobody's getting emotional but watching flat out fallacies be posted cuz of some need to defend some other man isn't a good look. dudes stay trying to rewrite history.
theres no way it does those #'s without em and dre. NO

i disagree. no biggie. no need to continue. but 800k back to back is ridic tho. He had the hype, and lived up to it.

LOL only NT
I'll say it like this so you can see where we differ. If Curtis wasn't signed on Shady Aftermath and was on another major label and had no affiliation with Em his album would've still did the #s it did. A lot of yall talking about a cosign like Em was in every Curtis video or was all over his album. The way I remember it after the albums Em dropped in that period in no way do you align that with Curtis. I still think their one of the weirdest partnerships in rap just based off of content.

Take away w/e help Em gave and Curtis still had a crazy buzz and hype by the time his album dropped. I wasn't rolling with the movement at the time so I can say this without bias since I'm not even a big Curtis fan anyway. All you heard about dude was he got shot 9 times(when he only got shot at 9 times), he was beefing with Ja Rule, and eventually his In Da Club single. If anything Ja Rule and his downfall played a bigger factor in Curtis doing the #s he did.

Nobody's getting emotional but watching flat out fallacies be posted cuz of some need to defend some other man isn't a good look. dudes stay trying to rewrite history.
theres no way it does those #'s without em and dre. NO

i disagree. no biggie. no need to continue. but 800k back to back is ridic tho. He had the hype, and lived up to it.
Can't you read?

I specifically said Eminem since 2 ppl stated on the previous page that Eminem's cosign is the reason for Curtis' success with his first two albums.Then again I dunno where you from or what you took in to account when Curtis was on his come up cuz from what I recall as a person who wasn't even checkingfor him the only thing you heard about dude was he got shot 9 times and his beef with Ja Rule then later on In Da Club and that was what his buzz and hype rodeon. Him being Shady's artist was a plus.

Em didn't run around with dude everywhere in his interviews or videos. Be serious about this, yall %%##%+ is in some bizarre type of denial. I don'tunderstand how in one thread dudes can say Curtis use of getting in to some beef when his album is gonna drop no longer works(meaning it did work at one pointin time) and then gonna turn around and say Em is the reason his first two albums did well or can't see the possibility that Curtis could've done those#s without a Em cosign.

I'd like you to explain how Em's cosign got the Massacre to sell so much.

"And it should be about the QUALITY of music that matters, and in that case 50 falls waaaaaaaaay short."

/discussion

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Honestly ninjahood often times when I read some of your statements I wonder....
ohwell.gif

Forreal hes wilding? G-unit clothes? 50's video games? Its safe to say that if 50 didnt land that vitamin water come up he'd be headed for the broke house right or wrong?

Back to the matter at hand 50 could never be the king of new york because 1) He has no classic records. Nas and Jay both have those timeless records you can through on and put in you and that mood and make you feel what they are saying. You are going to throw on "What up gangsta" and be like yeah 50 is the king #comeonson
2)He has 0 swag each King Whether it be Big Jay Nas Kane Rakim all had that aura and made you want to dress like them and mock their style Do I want to throw on a durag a fitted and g-unit wife beater with some doofy reebok kicks?
3) No lyrical prowess. let's be honest 50 rhyme scheme is as simple as they come "Kill you, move this weight, richer than you *sings harmony*
I mean if we want to give the king title to 50 where do i sign up for it cause its clear were letting anybody in.
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

why do you care about how a rapper dresses?
"swag" that word itself is mad corny..
wear what you like.. don't wear it because a rapper wears it
you probably wore pink when cam was doing it right
grin.gif

50 has no classic records? #comeonson

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Honestly ninjahood often times when I read some of your statements I wonder....
ohwell.gif

Forreal hes wilding? G-unit clothes? 50's video games? Its safe to say that if 50 didnt land that vitamin water come up he'd be headed for the broke house right or wrong?

Back to the matter at hand 50 could never be the king of new york because 1) He has no classic records. Nas and Jay both have those timeless records you can through on and put in you and that mood and make you feel what they are saying. You are going to throw on "What up gangsta" and be like yeah 50 is the king #comeonson
2)He has 0 swag each King Whether it be Big Jay Nas Kane Rakim all had that aura and made you want to dress like them and mock their style Do I want to throw on a durag a fitted and g-unit wife beater with some doofy reebok kicks?
3) No lyrical prowess. let's be honest 50 rhyme scheme is as simple as they come "Kill you, move this weight, richer than you *sings harmony*
I mean if we want to give the king title to 50 where do i sign up for it cause its clear were letting anybody in.

indifferent.gif
I dont who lied to you but I aint never in my life wanted todress like Jay-z or Nasir
roll.gif
roll.gif

As far as classic records
-Wanksta
-Back Down
-Many Men
-%%*% Power of a Dollar and GRODT
-Damn near his entire mixtape catalog

I'm no Curtis fan but Jay fans act like nobody made good music except for Jay and those he ackowledges

If Em was responsible for 50 selling so much how come he couldn't help Obie or D12 sell as much?

Originally Posted by truthteller

Originally Posted by kobe8knaipp

i dont get the numbers dont lie jab jay-z mighta thrown at 50.... because if numbers dont lie 50 CENT has sold just as much albums overall as Jay-Z with 4... as Jay-z has with 11.....

QFT, like i said..he accomplished what jay-z did in 1/2 da time.
false Sales wise maybe, Consecutive #1 albums? Awards? Ground breaking tours? Clothing? etc etc
let's just forget that jay-z and 50 both had reebok deals
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

let's also forget g-unit clothin seemed like it was everywhere for years

tours? da get rich and die tryin tour, have we forgotten that album is DIAMOND?
laugh.gif
same wit da massacre

2 video games who cares

a movie it was wack as hell

Vitamin water = cant front that was a crazy deal.

50 has defiinitely got da 1 up on hova when it comes to doin everything in 1/2 da time.

and 50 is 100% right on overseas acclaim, he's bigger then him out in other countries.

You a funny dude.
Every thread i see you sayin Jay stans are this and that.....im sure theres some truth t it.
But i see you in every 50 thread making excuses or cosigning WHATEVER he does.

If you dont consider yourself a 50 STAN, you should according to YOUR logic.

And it should be about the QUALITY of music that matters, and in that case 50 falls waaaaaaaaay short.
me a 50 stan when everyone on this board knows imma fat joe fan
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
i subscribe to da truth sir.

how em i makin exuses for when all im doin is listin 50's credentials cuz someone said jay-z did more.
laugh.gif
jay-z did what he did and thats props, but don't act like 50 didn't doexactly

what he did in less than 1/2 da time.

and as far as music jay-z stand just gonna discount all da classic mixtapes 50 put out right? cuz they're not albums so they don't count
eyes.gif
grin.gif

only reason jay-z got more albums is cuz he's been in da game alot longer, so thats not curtis's fault..but best believe he sold much more in da shortamount of time they co existed in hiphop.

and he's already got 1 classic album, 2 pretty good album, and one great album.

And BIG didn't give the crown up and this means...
His unwilling departure STILL makes him KING...

http://therealest****ever.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/notoriousbigkingofny.jpg

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

And BIG didn't give the crown up and this means...
His unwilling departure STILL makes him KING...

http://therealest****ever.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/notoriousbigkingofny.jpg

.......The game doesn't stop for ANYBODY, take that however you want to take it.

I can't quote because I'm on my BB. But " Master Zik" your are out of your damn mind if you think 50 would have sold as much without EM/Dre,that is Hilarious.

Dudes need to wake up on 50. He is a C+ rapper.

Say he ended dudes careers. This dude put a couple C+ rappers and a pop star( Ja Rule) out and all of a sudden he end dudes careers.

Jada murked him, he wanted no parts of that. And Musically Ross did too. 50 took it to a level that had nothing to do with hip hop. And bammas and females isall over it. Smh

Of course the game ain't stop... BIG laid the blueprint to keep East Coast rap alive for the next 20 years...

And of course Ns took his style and ran with it
nerd.gif
... Tryin to claimthe crown

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

I can't quote because I'm on my BB. But " Master Zik" your are out of your damn mind if you think 50 would have sold as much without EM/Dre, that is Hilarious.

Dudes need to wake up on 50. He is a C+ rapper.

Say he ended dudes careers. This dude put a couple C+ rappers and a pop star( Ja Rule) out and all of a sudden he end dudes careers.

Jada murked him, he wanted no parts of that. And Musically Ross did too. 50 took it to a level that had nothing to do with hip hop. And bammas and females is all over it. Smh

i honestly cant believe why we arguin this truthfully. its not even up for debate imo. he just thinks im somehow defendin Jay...Im not.

word, i'll give da crown to da carcass of frank white before i ever think da camel has a right to it.

son in my opinion never earned it.

was da da defacto leader after big died, but he was feelin himself after vol. 2, dropped a meh vol. 3, dropped..andson started poppin shots at mobb deep for seeing him

for da sucka he was, so he dropped take over, bit off more then he can chew wit nas...and thats how i see him.

umm...50 cent would've sold numbers regardless without da shady cosign...his buzz was deafin' in NYC, you'd had to be a moron not to sign him, 50was turnin down deals

when 50 is da future was scorchin NYC.

umm...50 cent would've sold numbers regardless without da shady cosign...his buzz was deafin' in NYC, you'd had to be a moron not to sign him, 50 was turnin down deals

when 50 is da future was scorchin NYC.

This

BIG laid the blueprint to keep East Coast rap alive back then for the next 20 years... His death was unfortunate and we'll just leave it at that.

Fixed.

word, i'll give da crown to da carcass of frank white before i ever think da camel has a right to it.

son in my opinion never earned it.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Back
Top Bottom