50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct Album Thread (NOVEMBER 16th) (Digital Release: November 9th)

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he move the date to nov 17 now

and he making "Do You Think About Me" the next single. This is a good damn call for Fif.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

and he making "Do You Think About Me" the next single. This is a good damn call for Fif.
pimp.gif

11/17 is too late, it should be the 10th. ^ That's a good single, I think "Hold Me Down" would be a good choice too

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

pimp.gif
I wish it would have been Hold Me Down or Could've Been You instead. Do You Think About Me is good too though.

This cd gets better with each listen.

Starts off kinda whatever and then heats up.

Songs 10-12 are horrible.

Release date is 16th, not 17th.

Baby By Me video drops in about 5 hours or so.

"do you think about me" damn near brought me to tears my eyes when i first heard it.

who is that on the hook at the end? governor?

1. The Invitation
Not sure if its the version I'm listenin to but his voice sounds a lil funny... Beat is dope, has that vintage 50 Cent/G Unit feel... Grimeyeast coast *$!$... The type of *$!$ 50 should make...
4/5

2.Then Days Went By
Voice sounds regular on this joint... Vintage 50... The production on this joint is DOPE... Can't wait to hear this in a respectable sound system.... Hookis pretty uninspired tho...
4/5

3. Death To My Enimies
Voice sounds funny again... Vintage 50... Outside of the voice, I have no real complaints about this joint... This joint is DANGEROUS
4/5

4. So Disrespectful
Voice sounds funny again... This song is appropriatley titled... He said some *$!$ that was kinda wrong about Game, but @ the sametime Game has said *$!$ thatwould get you HIT in the head on the street, so for 50 to finally respond, you cant really be mad... Young Buck is a clown, good to see 50 go in on thatdude...
4/5

5.Psycho
50's flow on this joint is DOPE... Plus his voice sounds normal... Brought out the Slim Shady persona out... Thats always good
5/5

6.Hold Me Down
Hook is kinda stupid... Beat is CRAZY... The verses are dope... & his voice sounds pretty normal on this joint...
3.5/5

7. Crime Wave
The joint that came out a week or so ago... Pretty dope... The hook is kinda stupid tho...
4/5

8. Stretch
His voice sounds stupid... Other than that its pretty cool... The hook is
laugh.gif

3.5/5

9. Strong Enough
eek.gif
sick.gif

5/5

10. Get It Hot
Hook is pretty bad... Beat is kind of repititive... This may grow on me after hearing it on some respectable speakers...
2.5/5

11. Gangsta's Delight
I don't like ANYthing that reminds me of "Rapper's Delight"... After seeing the title, never would I think he would rework analready awful song... But he did... This song was NOT a good idea... Someone should've let him know
2.5/5

12. I Got Swag
I guess this is 50's "rags to riches" story... The hook is pretty lazy to say the least... But its actually not as bad as I thoughtit was after the first 20 seconds or so... 2nd verse is DOPE...
3.5/5

13. Baby By Me
This must be some bootleg version I'm hearin, cause this song is A LOT slower then I remember it being... So his voice sounds stupid (that may be thereason why his voice sounded odd on the earlier half of the songs)... This song is good @ what he's goin for...
4/5

14. Do You Think About Me
I like this joint... The sample is nice... Real smooth joint... Its actually kind of heartfelt... His babymoms tried to do him dirty, this is oneof the first songs where he really went in depth on their relationship... Sounds like she may have broke Curts' lil heart...
4.5/5
After 5 or 6 more listens...
5/5

15. OK You're Right
This is my joint... Unfortunatley on this awful bootleg I'm listenin to, its just slowed down to a point where its almost unbearable... Curtis may bebehind this leak because this IS infact the actual album, its just slowed down to a point where its NOT the "actual album"...
4.5/5

16. This Could've Been You
Real smooth joint... "This is that Ferrari F50 *$!$, Its REAL laid back... Type *$!$ you recline to in ya Maybach"... I don't reallycare for R Kelly, but this joint is nice... Production is on point...
4.5/5

Overall... 4.25/5

I'm deffinetly satisfied with this album, the version I heard was a lil slowed down which brought down the quality of certain joints tho... But 50 reallyput in work, and proved A LOT of people wrong... Alotta Ns been talkin *$!$ about 50, and his song making abilities... He balanced this project out, he has agreat deal of grimey street material, but @ the same time has 3 or 4 joints that have the potential to pop @ the radio... He may have found his niche with thisalbum... He is one of the VERY few artists that can kick some 100% grimey *$!$ and still have it be believable and still bearable @ the same time... Then tuirnaround be able to make a joint that performs well on the charts...

But for once... I don't think this album has a SMASH hit... Like an "In Da Club"/"Candy Shop"/"I Get Money"... But overall, Ithink the majority of 50/G Unit fans will be more than satisfied with this effort...

Stand Out Tracks:
Psycho
Strong Enough
Do You Think About Me
Ok, You`re Right
Could`ve Been you

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

They won't do the 10th because Wale comes out that day.

what does wale have to do with 50?
They're both on Interscope

That's true, Wale only gonna do like 29...50 can't hurt his few sales.

Video was dope, I liked it.....song is gonna be a big deal

album is fire, outside of tracks 10-12. FIRE. not a lot of commercial stuff, but more real 50. hopefully he does well.

Back
Top Bottom