24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I'm ready for this 5% on gas with discover :evil: . Pretty much all I use my card for. Now I can build up that cash back match and stop using my bofa card
Same here. What perks were you getting from bofa to use instead of discover?

3% on gas (might be 2 I don't remember)
2% at 711 and tedeschis (local convenience store that they count as a grocery store). Cash back on backwoods :evil:
1% on everything else

It's prob the best card for me at the moment. Plus it was my first card. I only got the discover this past June. Just gonna use my discover until July 21 when my matching period is done, then gonna go back to my bofa card

Trying to hit $500 so I get $1000 back View media item 2280083

Last edited:
Can someone explain the cashback program with discover?
I don't have IT. I have the regular Discover card from back in the day.

On another note, holla at your boy getting approved for the Sapphire Reserve.
Need to figure out exactly how I'm going to maximize this card.

3% on gas (might be 2 I don't remember)
2% at 711 and tedeschis (local convenience store that they count as a grocery store). Cash back on backwoods :evil:
1% on everything else

It's prob the best card for me at the moment. Plus it was my first card. I only got the discover this past June. Just gonna use my discover until July 21 when my matching period is done, then gonna go back to my bofa card

Trying to hit $500 so I get $1000 back View media item 2280083

You won't get $1000 you'll only get $500. They give you a check equal to all the cash back you earned.

Can someone explain the cashback program with discover?
I don't have IT. I have the regular Discover card from back in the day.

On another note, holla at your boy getting approved for the Sapphire Reserve.
Need to figure out exactly how I'm going to maximize this card.

It was originally a promotion for new discover it customers but some that had discover it cards before the promotion started were able to call and get the promotion added to their account

Wait
I thought if I earned $500, they give me the $500 I earned, plus they match $500?? So $1000 in total ?

Like my picture above, I've earned $230 so far so I thought they give me $230 that I earned and then they match with another $230?

Last edited:
Wait
I thought if I earned $500, they give me the $500 I earned, plus they match $500?? So $1000 in total ?

Like my picture above, I've earned $230 so far so I thought they give me $230 that I earned and then they match with another $230?

Yea you're right about that. I thought you meant they would give you another $1000 not $1000 total

Ok bros, disputed a medical bill that was $7,000 on creditkarma, so theyve completed my dispute now in the remarks portion it says: Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements.

Is this good or bad?

Ok bros, disputed a medical bill that was $7,000 on creditkarma, so theyve completed my dispute now in the remarks portion it says: Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements.

Is this good or bad?

Means it's staying on your report

I've been holding out on applying for cards to see if I can get the CSR before they lower the sign up bonus. :rolleyes

Just checked my FICO score via Discocer Crédit Scorecard and it's higher than my Credit Karma.

It's at 734. Credit Karma is 696 Trans and 699 Equifax.

But there's still a couple things off with my credit report I'm trying to correct.

Anyone looking to get a Chase Sapphire Reserve, hurry. On January 12th, the sign up bonus gets cut in half.

rocketsoy0.gif

I still have to wait till November until I'm past the 5/24 rule :smh:. And I'm at exactly 5 :smh:

Two inquiries dropped of my report on New Year's Day, and my car note got reported again. Only went up about seven points, but I'm getting closer too the 700 club. Gonna try to tackle this collection that's been holding me back. :smokin

Two inquiries dropped of my report on New Year's Day, and my car note got reported again. Only went up about seven points, but I'm getting closer too the 700 club. Gonna try to tackle this collection that's been holding me back. :smokin

Thats awesome bro! Keep it up!

Does anyone know if it's possible to pay a credit card bill with a mastercard gift card? I have one coming in from a mail in rebate but from what I've read online I don't think it's possible. Maybe there's a way to get cash out of it?....somehow :nerd:

Does anyone know if it's possible to pay a credit card bill with a mastercard gift card? I have one coming in from a mail in rebate but from what I've read online I don't think it's possible. Maybe there's a way to get cash out of it?....somehow :nerd:

Typically no.

Anyone looking to get a Chase Sapphire Reserve, hurry. On January 12th, the sign up bonus gets cut in half.

rocketsoy0.gif

I still have to wait till November until I'm past the 5/24 rule :smh:. And I'm at exactly 5 :smh:

Unless you're making a big purchase in the next two years what do you have to lose?

I'm glad I applied and got approved about a week ago.
I'm on fire right now.
Even told wifey I'll take her to the mall.

Not if this still works, but I've added gift cards to PayPal in the past and then sent money over. There was a charge though.

Typically no.

I thought so :/

Not if this still works, but I've added gift cards to PayPal in the past and then sent money over. There was a charge though.

Hmm interesting, I'll look into that. Thanks

Last edited:
Unless you're making a big purchase in the next two years what do you have to lose?

I'm on fire right now.

Chase has a strict 5/24 rule. If you've opened 5 or more new credit cards in the last 24 months it's an automatic denial if you apply for a chase card. If I wasn't at 5 I would have been applied smh

I'm on fire right now.

Chase has a strict 5/24 rule. If you've opened 5 or more new credit cards in the last 24 months it's an automatic denial if you apply for a chase card. If I wasn't at 5 I would have been applied smh

You can check in-branch for pre-approvals. Plenty of people have gotten away with 5/24 for the CSR that way.

The higher bonus for in branch approvals will remain until March 12th. Head to your local Chase branch and flourish famb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom