24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

The higher bonus for in branch approvals will remain until March 12th. Head to your local Chase branch and flourish famb

Wait, was I supposed to go to a chase bank to get the higher bonus points?

No, you are good.

The 100k post expires online on January 12th, however in branch applications will have it until March 12th.

So again, you are good famb, you will get the highest bonus. I was just telling dude that he got extra time to get to a branch if he wants the 100k bonus.

Last edited:
Two inquiries dropped of my report on New Year's Day, and my car note got reported again. Only went up about seven points, but I'm getting closer too the 700 club. Gonna try to tackle this collection that's been holding me back.
smokin.gif
mine went up 6 points.... 700 is so far away far away for me lol

mine went up 6 points.... 700 is so far away far away for me lol
You'll get there fam. I was at 539 when I first started checking my credit. I've came up a little more than 100 points in less than a year. Just keep grinding and be patient with it. :smokin

Checked CK and my scores went up 12 points each to put me in the mid 700s. Went ahead and applied for that CSR online and got approved instantly :pimp:

Reached 4k on my CSR

Amex gift card no fees promo plus Venmo trick was clutch :nerd:

Now where to travel to? :nthat:

Can you expand on this?

Last edited:
^ I had a balance of $300.

First time I ever had a balance (usually pay off everything before the due date). It was through no fault of my own -- Nordstrom Rack is notorious for charging your CC early, which posts on the next business day.

Last edited:

First time I ever had a balance (usually pay off everything before the due date). It was through no fault of my own -- Nordstrom Rack is notorious for charging your CC early, which posts on the next business day.

So you're not showing any credit usage now? Or did you pay it down and it still reports something small? If it's the former that's interesting. Once I pay my cards down I may try to show no usage one month and see what happens

$450 annual fee...nah

$300 travel credit though. So $150 annual fee essentially

So you're not showing any credit usage now? Or did you pay it down and it still reports something small? If it's the former that's interesting. Once I pay my cards down I may try to show no usage one month and see what happens
Only minimal credit usage now -- which is the $300 balance I had

Interestingly enough, those huge jumps 742 -> 762 and 762 -> 798 were both months where I intentionally left a small balance (just to see if my CC score would change at all).

Only minimal credit usage now -- which is the $300 balance I had

Interestingly enough, those huge jumps 742 -> 762 and 762 -> 798 were both months where I intentionally left a small balance (just to see if my CC score would change at all).

Nice. Thanks for the info. congrats on the 800 club too

$450 annual fee...nah
Not as bad when you look at the benefits of the card but if you dont use CCs or dont travel then stick to no fee ones. 

I rent cars for travel/leisure a lot and the card covers insurance for the car so after a few trips Id take anyway I would easy cover the annual cost of the card ( actually save some money by using it 
smokin.gif
)
$300 travel credit though. So $150 annual fee essentially
This.

TSA fee, Rental Insurance Fee, Lounge Access, etc 

IMO I think if you dont travel ( doesnt have to every month) then maybe its not the card for you but if you do its worth the annual fee. 

I went to Chase yesterday to see if I was pre approved...nope :frown:

I'm about to have my girl apply, use hers, and cancel my CSP.

Last edited:
Capital 1 showed some auto cli love on my secured card today, which is my 6 month anniversary on it. Went from 401 cl to 701 cl.

I max the card out about 2 times a month and pay most of it off. Leave about 59 on the card, get charged the interest and repeat all 6 months in case others with the card want to know how to flourish.

You'll get there fam. I was at 539 when I first started checking my credit. I've came up a little more than 100 points in less than a year. Just keep grinding and be patient with it.
smokin.gif
Yea, paying 300 every two weeks should be finished another two collection payments before valentine's day 

Feels good to be paying off crap, and see your credit rising.... 

Yea, paying 300 every two weeks should be finished another two collection payments before valentine's day 

Feels good to be paying off crap, and see your credit rising.... 
Yeah I'm ready to pay my collection off. Hopefully I can hit that pay for delete. Then I'll start helping my girl with her credit so we can flourish together in 2017.

yea, man my girl working on hers too, trying to get a house.... sick of leaving in apartments. 

Capital 1 showed some auto cli love on my secured card today, which is my 6 month anniversary on it. Went from 401 cl to 701 cl.

I max the card out about 2 times a month and pay most of it off. Leave about 59 on the card, get charged the interest and repeat all 6 months in case others with the card want to know how to flourish.

You shouldn't be paying interest on the card bro. You can show credit usage/ on time payments without being charged interest

Whats a good score to have for when applying for a home?
They are now accepting 640 minimum for fha loans. But I would say 720 and higher you should be good. Nothing in collections obviously.

You shouldn't be paying interest on the card bro. You can show credit usage/ on time payments without being charged interest

The interest is like a dollar or 2. From what I have read on forums it's easier to get them to raise your limit and better luck with graduation if small amounts of interest is paid. From now on the card will be paid in full however so no worries about that in the future.

Asked on the last page but didn't receive an answer...

What is the Venmo trick with the CSR?

Back
Top Bottom