Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i was watching the pregame yesterday. walsh said he doesnt want to sign 2 max contracts. its just an option and we are not looking to go in that direction. so it looks like they will sign 1 max and build the team from there. maybe tmac can stay with us after the season. we'll have to wait and see

lmao watch it again he said he doesn't only have to sign two max. He wants to sign to max contracts. if you dont realize that by now then wow.
laugh.gif

this guy...

http://video.msg.com/Vide...onnie-Walsh-Pregame-2-20

fast forward to around 3:20 of the video

he says: "two maxes? i've never said we need two maxes...if you ask me if we have enough money for two maxes then yeah, if thats the best thing to do we MIGHT do it. BUT, we are going to look at the situation and try to build the best team from there. i might have two maxes i might not, but we are in a position where we are very flexible in the way we approach it."

i doubt he's going to do two maxes and fill out the team with lower level guys. we arent going to win a championship off of only two players. championship teams are built all around and are deep. i think he gets that picture and is approaching things the right way for sure.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

BTW, I have a money question. Let's say nothing happens with Curry & he sits for the rest of his contract/career. After that, will there be a pile of money available to the team to sign another big FA, like a disgruntled PG in New Orleans Utah?
I want Deron on this team next year. Walsh need to convince Utah that he'll leave when his contract is up and to just take our expiring and use our pick to get wall or something.
happy.gif

Deron gets 13M, Curry is 11M, You can do alot with a 11M expiring.

[h1]Van Gundy: McGrady Is Worth Money[/h1]

Feb 21, 2010 6:07 PM EST

McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
Jeff Van Gundy believes that Tracy McGrady could be worth all the money he is earning this season.

Van Gundy coached McGrady in Houston.

"If he's healthy," Van Gundy said. "Believe me; if Tracy is healthy over the last 29 games you can put him in the conversation with the rest of the top free agents in 2010. That's how good he is."

In his first game since Dec. 23, McGrady had 26 points, five assists and four rebounds on Friday night against Oklahoma City.

Listen I like this team the way it is (minus bender and harrington) if we just had a defensive big (haywood, chris anderson, etc:smile: I think we could do damage with Lebron coming in by himself I really just wanna re-sign tmac, david lee, add bron, and a big then keep all that cap money we have left over for BETTER role players and it never hurts to have a lot of cap room left over in case of emergency (important role player gets injured leaves flexibilty to trade for a replacement)

laugh.gif
@ GR8's thesis.

But yeah, I'm not too surprised the thread bubbled so fast. T-Mac has a crazy following... STILL.

As anyone who has been on NT for a while knows... T-Mac is one of my favorite players EVER. So I had mixed feelings about seeing him come to NY. I didn't wanna see him come over and be a bum like prior acquisitions (Rolando Blackman, Glen Rice, Clarence Weatherspoon, etc).

So I was excited to have tickets for saturday's game strictly to see Durant (this was before all the trades). And I was beyond elated to know that T-Mac would play. And I damn near had a stroke (nh) watching Mac get busy. What a great game to be at! MSG was jumping...

Anyway, I'm enjoying the positive vibes around the Knicks and their fans (for once..
laugh.gif
). Here's hoping that they are able to maintain the good times.

I just remember that the Lakers resigned Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown last summer even though they were over in salary cap. So, it means they used the Bird right on Odom and Brown. Why don't the Knicks do the same thing? They sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade (I prefer Chris Bosh over Wade, Joe Johnson, and Amar'e). They use the Bird right on McGrady, House, and Lee. I believe they still have David Lee's bird right (according to Wikipedia's NBA Salary Cap; To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent.). They use MLE on Felton or Camby. I would like to see Sergio Rodriguez on the Knicks roster next year.

I was thinking about a guy like Haywood would be nice, but hes playing well in Dallas, and im pretty sure they're not going to let him go. they have a ton of cap space, and can definitely afford to use some of it on him.

I was hoping for more of a combo like bosh, haywood, and wade, but i wouldnt mind having a frontcourt of lee and haywood.

i was watching the pregame yesterday. walsh said he doesnt want to sign 2 max contracts. its just an option and we are not looking to go in that direction. so it looks like they will sign 1 max and build the team from there. maybe tmac can stay with us after the season. we'll have to wait and see

lmao watch it again he said he doesn't only have to sign two max. He wants to sign to max contracts. if you dont realize that by now then wow.
laugh.gif

this guy...

he says: "two maxes? i've never said we need two maxes...if you ask me if we have enough money for two maxes then yeah, if thats the best thing to do we MIGHT do it. BUT, we are going to look at the situation and try to build the best team from there. i might have two maxes i might not, but we are in a position where we are very flexible in the way we approach it."

i doubt he's going to do two maxes and fill out the team with lower level guys. we arent going to win a championship off of only two players. championship teams are built all around and are deep. i think he gets that picture and is approaching things the right way for sure.

Yeah I know I saw that live. He never said what you said he said that he doesnt want to sign two max. Hes saying if they dont sign two maxes than its not a failure basically. But im pretty sure he wants to. You have to understand gms dont tell the media what they really want to do.

GR8's rant
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Anyway, did ya'll see milicic today? Smfh we get rid of him and waive the bum we get. Milicic could have definitely helped on our current roster and he's 10x better than bender. Another reason why dantoni's coaching is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

this guy...

Yeah I know I saw that live. He never said what you said he said that he doesnt want to sign two max. Hes saying if they dont sign two maxes than its not a failure basically. But im pretty sure he wants to. You have to understand gms dont tell the media what they really want to do.
????

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

GR8's rant
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Anyway, did ya'll see milicic today? Smfh we get rid of him and waive the bum we get. Milicic could have definitely helped on our current roster and he's 10x better than bender. Another reason why dantoni's coaching is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

sigh.

and why did houston want Hill from us, if he cant even get burn over jefferies?
sick.gif
sick.gif

GR8's rant
pimp.gif
eek.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
+35
+35
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

GR8's rant
pimp.gif
eek.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

sigh.

sick.gif
sick.gif
jeffries with 11 points 5-11, did he draw any charges?

& When will Ed Curry be able to play?

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by BangDak

GR8's rant
pimp.gif
eek.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

sigh.

sick.gif
sick.gif
jeffries with 11 points 5-11, did he draw any charges?

& When will Ed Curry be able to play?
still confused why people are calling for this bum to play. sigh.

034251deffa78ca71045fd0a2e01f4ff7ef8022.jpg
98c35ef3e07da9a8c1ec177a573b34b9f1814f7.jpg
492152e4a5c51850f5c9a092d164c91c514186c.jpg

When Al Harrington is your backup center Curry is an upgrade but we all know he doesn't care about basketball anymore. I seen the guy get 3 fouls in two minutes just to get back on the bench Dantoni has to go it seems like he loss the locker room already. I hate his system on the Knicks its a run and gun team that doesn't run and too many people stand people stand behind the 3 point line. It would work if they had a penetrating point guard but everyone know what duhon's gonna do before he does it. I don't know why but "Duhon you suck" always had a nice ring to it

That's what happens when you post valid points to argue against OC, he disappears.

Last time I checked this thread was before I left work on Friday.  It was on page 373
laugh.gif

I just knew it wouldn't be 30+ pages in 3 days w/o a rant from GR8.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif
@ GR8's thesis.

But yeah, I'm not too surprised the thread bubbled so fast. T-Mac has a crazy following... STILL.

As anyone who has been on NT for a while knows... T-Mac is one of my favorite players EVER. So I had mixed feelings about seeing him come to NY. I didn't wanna see him come over and be a bum like prior acquisitions (Rolando Blackman, Glen Rice, Clarence Weatherspoon, etc).

So I was excited to have tickets for saturday's game strictly to see Durant (this was before all the trades). And I was beyond elated to know that T-Mac would play. And I damn near had a stroke (nh) watching Mac get busy. What a great game to be at! MSG was jumping...

Anyway, I'm enjoying the positive vibes around the Knicks and their fans (for once..
laugh.gif
). Here's hoping that they are able to maintain the good times.

I just came in here to say out of ANYBODY, SHUGES, you deserved to see a great game by Tmac IN PERSON.  I'm glad you got to witness that live.  All i got to see is highlights.  Definitely proud of my boy Mac, hope he keeps it up.  Might need to cop that league pass now.

Back
Top Bottom