I got the watch the game tonight because of the knicks are on msg channel which is a plus. Now I get to see my boy every game for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy for him that the knicks made his dream come true. That the Rockets failed to make happen.
tired.gif

My boy got 26 points and 19 coming in the first half.
eek.gif
sick.gif
devil.gif

Got home from shopping just in time to see Tracy Mcgreatest play.

Ain't nothing better than seeing your favorite player play get back on the court. And some new fresh water Griffey on your side to watch.

Nest Saturday in a long long time.
pimp.gif

And yes bangdak I stole your Sig. Sorry
tongue.gif

And I hope my fellow Knickerbockers will accept me a one of there owns with open arms.
smile.gif

It's not pointed out more because the smaller details of the salary cap can confuse people and the story is that the Knicks can sign 2 max FA's.

I doubt something so major has somehow slipped past Walsh and brain trust for the Knicks, so I'm sure they have a plan in place. Whether it's sign one max and fill out the roster with the remaining money, sign two max FAs and get enough minimum salary players who want to be a part of the team, or other options, that's up to Walsh.

Originally Posted by jamergrady

And I hope my fellow Knickerbockers will accept me a one of there owns with open arms.
smile.gif
No.

Spoiler [+]
Still no.

I'm just saying....

Two max players + bottom barrel players/old vets is not a championship contending team.

I'm wondering how it would legitimately work. Wade and Bron expect to compete for titles. First or second round isn't acceptable. It isn't where they are right now and it won't be wherever they are in 2010. Players like them in their prime want to win.

I don't see what you mean. Take a look at a lot of championship teams; the Bulls dynasty had Mike & Pip. Surrounded by a bunch of role players. The Laker squad that won 3-chips had Shaq & Kobe and a bunch of role players and vets. The Spurs had Duncan & Parker (also Manu) and role players. Its all about assembling the right players.

Also, I think you're vastly underrating "two All-Stars". These are two SUPERSTARS. Personally, I don't see both LBJ and Wade signing here. If we were to sign either, the other doesn't make sense being here. But two SUPERSTARS like Bosh and LeBron would make the Knicks at least a 5 seed annually even if you had Chris Duhon-clones fill out the roster.

On the subject of David Lee, I'm going to be devastated if we losing him. Aside from Nate, Lee has been the heart and soul (and face) of this franchise. I trust Donnie Walsh and his moves but I'll never truly be happy with the decision of letting Lee go, even for a 'chip. Some guys just tend to grow on you and David has exactly what the Knicks culture represents. Busting your !@@ and putting in work. Talking +#$+ is part of it too but he's too mild mannered for that. I'm fully prepared for Lee to be gone but... I don't know... its just not right. I'm really hoping we find a way to keep him.

MAKEITHAPPENDONNIE!

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I don't see what you mean. Take a look at a lot of championship teams; the Bulls dynasty had Mike & Pip. Surrounded by a bunch of role players. The Laker squad that won 3-chips had Shaq & Kobe and a bunch of role players and vets. The Spurs had Duncan & Parker (also Manu) and role players. Its all about assembling the right players.

Also, I think you're vastly underrating "two All-Stars". These are two SUPERSTARS. Personally, I don't see both LBJ and Wade signing here. If we were to sign either, the other doesn't make sense being here. But two SUPERSTARS like Bosh and LeBron would make the Knicks at least a 5 seed annually even if you had Chris Duhon-clones fill out the roster.

On the subject of David Lee, I'm going to be devastated if we losing him. Aside from Nate, Lee has been the heart and soul (and face) of this franchise. I trust Donnie Walsh and his moves but I'll never truly be happy with the decision of letting Lee go, even for a 'chip. Some guys just tend to grow on you and David has exactly what the Knicks culture represents. Busting your !@@ and putting in work. Talking +#$+ is part of it too but he's too mild mannered for that. I'm fully prepared for Lee to be gone but... I don't know... its just not right. I'm really hoping we find a way to keep him.

MAKEITHAPPENDONNIE!
Applaud
pimp.gif

I wouldnt mind taking Jamesmcgrady. hes a diehard Tmac fan, and i applaud him for sticking it out with his favorite player dispite all the jokes thats been made on him
laugh.gif

I would love to have Lee stay, but he doesnt fit in (lineup wise). ill still love to keep him, as well as bringing jamal back. i would love nate back too, but mike would never let that happen.

I really hope i can see the two shake and bakes go at it in the playoffs this season
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I'm just saying....

Two max players + bottom barrel players/old vets is not a championship contending team.

I'm wondering how it would legitimately work. Wade and Bron expect to compete for titles. First or second round isn't acceptable. It isn't where they are right now and it won't be wherever they are in 2010. Players like them in their prime want to win.
who said the rest of the players would be scrubs?

since u named the best case scenario of lebron and bosh thats what ill use as an example.

chandler is a solid player. also i can see him with bron pushing him become a pretty good defender.

gallinari currently leads the nba in 3s made and has nobody on the team that draws defensive attention away from him. he's a perfect type of offensive player to pair up with bosh + bron.

imo t-mac showed today that he can still ball. dude is an intelligent player, a good passer, and unselfish. and can score. he also said that if ny brings 2 superstars that he doesnt need the money and would re-sign for cheap. can also play the point forward role like a poor mans lebron which is still pretty damn good. so even if ny doesn't get a top tier pg they would have 2 legit ball handlers in james and t-mac.

eddy curry has a big expiring contract that can be traded to acquire an upgrade at PG or defensive big man. and if nobody wants him in a trade, you better bet that there's going to be FAs in 2011 that would be ecstatic to play with lebron and bosh in NYC for that 11 mil a year that comes off the books.

scorers/playmakers
James
Bosh
T-mac

shooter:
Gallinari

eddy curry's expiring traded for a legit player (possibly in a package with chandler?)
or if nobody takes it i can legitimately see a player like dirk coming over here for that 11 mil a year that eddy curry's fat *#! won't be seeing anymore, or a player like yao ming (yes he still exists)

so that puts you at having 5 GOOD players (maybe 6 if we get 2 solid players as opposed to a star with curry's expiring in a trade/free agency for 2011

you get toney douglas and 2 decent ring chasers on the bench and fill out the rest of the roster with scrubs...

honestly...who the HELL is going to stop them in the east? cavs are DONE once bron leaves. celtics are already deteriorating and arent getting any younger. lebron would murder the hawks from the perimeter and nobody on that team is checking bosh in the inside. the only team that has a chance is orlando, but even then that knick team would be the favorite to win it.

and i just get the feeling lebron would murder kobe if they were in the finals
laugh.gif

so yes i took a hypothetical of bosh+bron in NY and went crazy with it. but its cuz i disagreed with your idea of the team being lebron+bosh+ d-league all-stars. imo everything i said here makes a pretty good deal of sense.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

i hope duhon starts looking up jobs on craigslist or something. hes done for

roll.gif

peeped the game... TMac
pimp.gif

These guys played good.. wished we could of got rid of Harrington for Tyrus Thomas.. maybe we can sign a C.. no way we make the playoffs without one

& This summer Curry expiring + Chandler for Deron williams
happy.gif
.. and i think we would still have enough for 2 max... that trade is complicated because of the BYC

Do you guys see the difference when your PG actually...................................you know...................................drive in for a layup? lol

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

i
hope duhon starts looking up jobs on craigslist or something. hes done
for

roll.gif

peeped the game... TMac
pimp.gif

These guys played good.. wished we could of got rid of Harrington for Tyrus Thomas.. maybe we can sign a C.. no way we make the playoffs without one

& This summer Curry expiring + Chandler for Deron williams
happy.gif
.. and i think we would still have enough for 2 max... that trade is complicated because of the BYC

Do you guys see the difference when your PG actually...................................you know...................................drive in for a layup? lol

Serg and tmac
pimp.gif

Notes:

-Start Sergio. We finally have a guard who is willing to repeatedly penetrate the D and dish off. Duhon shold be off the bench. The only reason Duhon should even be considered to start is because of his "defense"
-House and Sergio is an interesting tandem. Eddie should just linger on the perimeter....this dudes J is amazing when he's on your squad.
-Wilson tried to hard to force the game
-Al is terrible...and i can see him fighting with T-Mac for Alpha Male status on this team.
-We need another big ASAP. Bender doesnt count..
-I'm glad we finally have a legit two.
-our pick/roll just got more effective because of Sergio. expect Lee to be the recipient

OC for got about TMAC, one of the best 3 point shooters in the league and ring chasers. very convenient. I love how some people think that a MAJOR problem with the plan would have slipped by one of the best GM's in the league.

lebron, tmac, bosh, gallo, plus a couple ring chasers. yeah they won't do damage. HA. Chandler is a problem, i don't know what to do with him. shows flashes but I just don't know if he is gonna get better. the celtics are done. the cavs wouldn't exist.

If lebron does leaave, cavs fans gonna all pissy and not be able to rationalize the decision. the man doesn't owe you ANYTHING. Been 7 years and the best player he ever played with is a over the hill shaq.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Notes:

-Start Sergio. We finally have a guard who is willing to repeatedly penetrate the D and dish off. Duhon shold be off the bench. The only reason Duhon should even be considered to start is because of his "defense"
-House and Sergio is an interesting tandem. Eddie should just linger on the perimeter....this dudes J is amazing when he's on your squad.
-Wilson tried to hard to force the game
-Al is terrible...and i can see him fighting with T-Mac for Alpha Male status on this team.
-We need another big ASAP. Bender doesnt count..
-I'm glad we finally have a legit two.
-our pick/roll just got more effective because of Sergio. expect Lee to be the recipient

Agree with all of this^

I hated Eddie House bc he was on the Cs, but I didn't realize his IQ and intangibles were that good, he's an asset to any team...and Chandler always forces things, he's better than last year, but can still get a lot better. His spin move only works about 25% of the time (w/ the other 75% ending in a turnover), so I think he might want to put a stop to that...

The two things that worry me, if there is even a .001 chance of us finishing 8 games over .500 to maybe get that 8th spot (that would mean finishing 22-6
laugh.gif
, probably not happening...) is that Gallo looks kind of 1-dimensional as a perimeter player. If he wants to be like a Dirk 2.0, he needs to develop some post moves and a post/fadeaway move, or learn how to create space for his own shot instead of relying on screens and camping in a corner. I'm still not sure if he's a big 3 or a small 4, and I'm more inclined to thinking he'd be successful as a 4 if he can bulk up and learn to score w/o just shooting on the outside. It would make it easier on him too if he didn'thave to take contested 3s, pullups and occasional, but difficult drives to the basket all the time.

The 2nd thing I noticed is that the lift/explosiveness McGrady used to have didn't look to be there. I know his legs were tired in the 4th, and he hasnt played much in 2 years, so I still have some hope that he can get some of what he used to have back w/ better conditioning, but his pullup game used to be unstoppable. It was tough for me to see him in the 4th try to make a move to create space, and have to pass it off bc he couldn't (altho i think he did make 1 shot after making a move on Westbrook w/ about a min to go in the 4th)

[h1]Walsh: Cap Room Is Good For Lee[/h1]

[h3]More Knicks News[/h3]
Knicks Links

Feb 21, 2010 9:49 AM EST

Lee_David_nyk.jpg
Knicks president Donnie Walsh claims that the team's extra cap roommakes the return of soon-to-be free agent David Lee more likely.

"It's much better for David," Walsh said. "That I'll tell you."

Walsh added that he'll evaluate the team's players from now to the end of the season.

"But for all the players on the team now, they got to show they can play intense playoff-type basketball," he said.

The New York Post points out that if the Knicks are able to landboth LeBron James and another max-level free agent this summer, Lee'stime with the Knicks will be over.

"At the end of the day, it's not going to come down to money butwhat direction the Knicks want to go in the future," said Lee. "And alot of it is what LeBron and the top three guys, LeBron, Bosh, [Dwyane]Wade, do.

"I love it here in New York," he added. "It's been my home for five years. ... I hope to be here in the future."

Via New York Post

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...walsh_cap_room_is_good_for_lee/#ixzz0gBPI13fl

Hella weird seeing T-Mac in a Knicks uniform. Hella weird just to see him playing.

I thought he had conked his hair upon first glance. Like it was an ode to Shorty from Malcolm X.

Gallo is better suited as a big 3. With his ball handling he can get to the hole...but he'll need to bulk up. The 2 and 3 are positions dominated by athleticism so he'll get burned defensively. I can live with that.

Duhon is only starting because of his defense? am i missing something here?

And did this guy say we NEEDED to keep buckets?
roll.gif
roll.gif

if he would sign for the vets. min. i probably wouldnt mind, he plays good when hes under control.

I hope we make the playoffs. i get a free mcdonalds meal
laugh.gif

y cant we pick up solomon jones or some big man from the D-league? there's plenty of them there. just pick up any C that can play D/rebound. we dont need bender chucking 3s out there. and another thing i was wondering. how the %@$# did harrington get all those open looks? why doesnt gallo get those looks when he's in the game. he's starting to piss me off just standing there in the corner stunting his own development. and no we're not going 22-6

Back
Top Bottom