players aren't idiots, they are not gunna come and be coached by d'antoni...

they know defense wins championship...

and d'antoni doesnt preach any of it...lebron knows this, wade knows this, bosh knows this..

sure players love him (mostly bums love him or all-stars --not superstars) because he doesn't expect defense and its all about POINTS.

those 3 players aren't really looking to just have fun and play basketball..they want to win...

this is my theory...that as long as d'antoni is coach those guys aren't going to the knicks and if they do hes gone.

He doesn't preach any defense but started Jared Jeffries all year. Jared Jeffries.

Makes sense.

I've said this way too many times in 2 years, but..

No, defense is not his strong suit. Offense is. Does that mean he does not care about defense or does not realize it's needed to win basketball games? No.

dudes stay believing mikes just an offensive coach.

we had a stretch in jan. where the knicks were 12-3 (i forget the exact rec but i think it was something like that) and do you really believe the knicks just played offense? and beat a few top tier teams?

sure mike doesnt preach defense 100% but he has a the ability to coach defense.. and its really not bad at all.

Spoiler [+]
im pretty sure those 3 names you mentioned love mike lol

Yea we did play solid D during that stretch, held teams under 100 over an extended period. But for the most part he is an offensive coach.

McGrady says he didn't have any legs late in the game, which is why he stayed on the bench: "I didn’t want to be a hero.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

That's what I'm taking from this game:

- For a group of guys who has never played together, this was a VERY GOOD game.

- Tracy McGrady nearly played 2/3rds of the TOTAL MINUTES HE PLAYED ALL SEASON.

- Wilson Chandler had a very bad game.

If you've been watching the Knicks at all in tight games this season, you know D'Antoni does poorly in crunch time when it comes to drawing up plays.

Sergio Rodriguez better be the starting PG next game.
Couldnt have said it better myself. In the end of the day we hit FTs we win the game. cant blame anyone really. o except for harrington
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. heartbreaker....

Tommy, it was Decemeber we've played well. I believe we started losing like mad men in the end of january and febuary.

And i have to agree with the chemistry thing. These guys are working really well, but i really dont like our dept at the center. Hill could have really shown us what he's got.

We really couldnt moved Duhon, and buckets for a pack of cookies?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

What i love about Tmac, hes not a selfish player. If he honestly said that to the coach, ill forever stop making jokes about being a first round virgin. im starting to like this guy again.
pimp.gif

believe it or not i love this team i really hope house, serg, and tmac return next year along with some other folks

tmac must have been gassed. he did well b/c of all the adrenaline. he still has game, but he won't be fully back until next yr. he can stll do this b/c he's just that good.

and my goodness, wilson chandler missed more layups than my grandma. that miss of of the nice tmac's pass in the 4th was just pathetic.

Im loving the pickup of Srod
pimp.gif
, he is what we need in terms of a pg that can push the ball. He lost like 5-6 assists tonight due to al head down harrington.
The full court pass to wilson surprised me and the touch on his lob pass was nice, something duhon would never do. He didn't even need the screen from dlee on the pick and roll because of his speed
laugh.gif
. Im loving the vibe of the team and this is only their first game together so im sure we will get better over time.

let's just put it this way: if the knicks have like a defensive big like haywood, with this team, they're a top 5 team in the east. u have tmac, lee, house, chandler + a defensive big, that's a pretty damn good team.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

let's just put it this way: if the knicks have like a defensive big like haywood, with this team, they're a top 5 team in the east. u have tmac, lee, house, chandler + a defensive big, that's a pretty damn good team.

roll.gif

Chandler is not all that. ^

that's BS...if d'antoni cared about that he wouldn't of started him, and he shouldn't of played 30+ minutes..

if you can play 30 minutes you can play 35...

If you were head coach McGrady wouldn't last 5 games.

Guy ran out of breath often and his knee seemed to act up a bit the way he was holding it, and he asked out on numerous occasions.

We lost a tough game vs one of the better teams in the L, they have a closer and we don't.

laugh.gif
Mike just loves picking his favorite Knick quotes

I love the excitement, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by nyk buc

roll.gif

Mike loves to pick on anyone, but when hes the one getting picked on, dude gets all upset and all
laugh.gif

Trade Puts Knicks on the Clock With Lee

By HOWARD BECK
Published: February 19, 2010

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Tracy McGrady’s arrival on Thursday may lead directly to David Lee’s departure in July. The issue is salary-cap rules.

By acquiring McGrady’s large expiring contract, the Knicks created nearly enough cap room to sign two superstars this summer. To use that cap room, they first have to renounce the rights to all of their free agents, including Lee.

That means the Knicks will forfeit Lee’s Bird rights, which allow a team to exceed the cap to keep one of its players. Once they are under the cap, they will also lose the midlevel exception, a salary slot worth about $6 million.

So if the Knicks sign two maximum-salaried players, say LeBron James and Chris Bosh, should they become free agents, there will be no cap space left for Lee and no way to keep him. They will have to fill out the roster with players making the N.B.A. minimum.

There are other possible situations. If the Knicks sign only one superstar, they would have about $16 million of cap room left. That would be enough to re-sign Lee (even without his Bird rights) and other players, assuming another team has not signed Lee while the Knicks were chasing bigger stars.

The Knicks could also use Lee in a sign-and-trade deal, perhaps in a dual sign-and-trade for Bosh. However, renouncing his rights negates the sign-and-trade option. Timing is an issue: The Knicks will not claim their estimated $31.5 million in cap room until they have renounced the rights to all their free agents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/20/sp...er=rss&emc=rss

Am I missing something? Seriously, am I missing something?

I don't understand why this isn't pointed out in the media more?

How in the world does anyone honestly expect a self-respecting NBA star to sign with a team that has 2 All-stars surrounded by NBA vets and 2nd round bottom-barrel talent. You know who had that? The '04 Cavs. The '10 Wizards. The '08 Bucks. It's so hard to even come up with more examples because almost nothing like that exists in the NBA.

If Lebron leaves for that situation, he has definitively proven that he cares nothing about winning, and it has become 100% about fame and money.

The true winners in Free Agency this summer will probably be the Bulls. They have the cap room to sign a max talent, but also has young potential All-and-Super-Stars in place. Maybe Miami if Dwayne stays.

Nobody else.

Lebron took your team (bonafided scrubs) to the finals, whats your point?

Say we do have two Max free agents, there'll be a TON of players willingly to sign for vets. min. just to win a chip.

Say its wade, bosh.

Douglas-Wade-Chandler-Gallo-Bosh. Thats already making it to the first round, maybe even 2nd.

We've actually had this discussion probably 20 pages back, before everyone came in while watching todays game.

Back
Top Bottom