Glad to see fellows talking about NEEDING Lee here, for once. I've been as avid a Lee fan as the next guy, sometimes more. I didn't want to see certain players go, but such was necessary to put ourselves in this position.

Now, we must make careful decisions on personnel. And D. Lee should be a top tier priority. I honestly believe that he is still getting better with every passing season. This season, the jumpshot has turned into a reliable tool for him. Just after his rookie season, he worked on his free throws. None of us can really tell where he stands as a defender. We know he's not a lockdown type of player, but he has been out of position for most of his career now. Add to the fact that most players are either offensive-oriented or defensive-oriented, not both, it is clear to see which side of the fence Lee stands.

I think having a winning team would only motivate Lee that much more to improve in whatever facet he feels he is lacking. Hopefully, he sees the light at the end of the tunnel and actually WANTS to stay.

laugh.gif
@ the sig.

Lee > Amare

Honestly, I'd rather see Lee stay with the Knicks than them trying to waste money on Amare (one of the most overrated players in the league)

I agree. I'd rather give Lee his 10 mill than empty the bank on Amare.

but if we're talkin Bosh...Lee can kick rocks.

Bottom line is that if David Lee is here next year and beyond he has to be at the 4 and he has to have a capable defender next to him at the 5.

Honestly, i really like Lee, but something about paying lee for 12mil just doesnt seem right.

He can do everything asked of him and all, but just the fact of paying him that contract makes me shiver.

was going to past that last night, but i hit my post count.

didnt bosh play the 5 in the olympics?

What I'm saying is you get Bosh, there is no need to pay up for Lee.

Go spend less on someone who can rebound/defend.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

"I will not sign mediocre players just to make it look good" - The BOSS
pimp.gif

where did you hear that quote?

and yea amare is way over hyped but lets not act like david is the best defensive player out there. doesn't even always box out well. But yea if he is playing in his real position than I would love him here.

I honestly like Paul Milsap. hes a bit overpaid though.

Whats wrong with a lineup hypothetically thinking Douglas-Lebron-Gallo-Lee-Bosh?

sounds good to me. once curry's contract expires, we'll be a good number under the cap, and we can extend both gallo and chandler.

Originally Posted by RaYCaSH

i want lebron on the knickssssssssssssssssssss
Get the hell out of here.

No, I definitely see you're saying but c'mon, you wouldn't give Lee $8-mill a year and pair him up with Bosh? That's an All-Star front court. I wouldn't mind seeing that at all.

Agreed.....you can't overpay for Lee at this point.  I love D Lee but he wont be back. 

He was on the radio this morning..

Also not sure if Rodriguez is the future PG but they are interested to see what he can do and the need for a big man is obvious.

Yea Bosh played the 5 alot in the olympics. I don't see how some of you would be willing to let Lee go next year after we get Bosh. Bosh is playing with Bargnani right now. How can you tell him to come here then be like Lee can go.... We'll just sign a guy that can rebound. You gotta look at things from the possible incoming players point of views too. Lee was the only player to make the all star team last year. Even though it was cause of an injury, but he deserved it more than Iverson anyway. With Lee we have a guy that's one of the best rebounders, have a very good 15ft jumper now, and don't even demand the ball while going 55% ????

I dont want to pay anyone 10, 11 million dollars to go back to being a rebounder and scoring off broken plays.

you get who we hope, and we're not running things through Lee anymore.

8 mill? cool...he's earned that...anything more..nah.

Yea i never said 12 either, i think he can get $9M,

& Yea Camby is unrestricted.. Hates being traded or changing teams tho. Maybe it'll be different if we sign someone & the fact he was on the team before.
& Hell yea he better come cheap...
laugh.gif
Vets Min

Posted in the Trade Deadline Thread

Originally Posted by nyk buc

interview w/ stephen A smith

* Smith asked about the health. McGrady said he plans to come outand show people right away that he is back. Said he's fully healed,that there will be no more "limping up and down the cout" and "guttingit out." One phrase he kept using about playing with the Knicks: "I'llbe putting it down," referring to the ball ... in the hoopage. McGradysaid he'd rate himself "in the high 90s," but that, of course, he's notquite 100%. Still, said it won't be an issue.

* Smith said everyone's talking about the $23m expiring contract andavbout how the Knicks will try to go out and get two "max" players,like Lebron and Bosh. Stephen A. talks about it as though Lebron's adone deal ... asked TMac if he would be willing to take less money tostick around if the Knicks went out and brought in LBJ and Bosh.McGrady's response(s) was/were the most interesting thing in theinterview.

"No question," he said. Then he went on to tell Smith, "I don't need any money."

Smith sounded somewhat shocked to get that response, so heemphasized the question again. McGrady said if the Knicks were to getthose players (or, it sounded as thought he was speaking in general,about players of that caliber), "there's no better place" to be for him.

He said he would NOT ask for big money, and would welcome the chance to play in such a situation.
[h1]Celtics Have Mixed Reactions To Nate Deal[/h1]

Feb 19, 2010 6:20 AM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
Players weren't exactly jumping for joy in the locker room on Thursday upon hearing that the team had acquired Nate Robinson from the Knicks.

Boston send New York a package that included guard Eddie House.

"I would've been fine if we hadn't ... we'll see whether that's the right decision or not," said coach Doc Rivers. "I like this team, I've said it over and over again. I didn't think we needed to make changes."

Rajon Rondo at first declined to discuss the trade, then opened up a bit.

"I don't know, I don't know," said Rondo. "I hope it's for the best. Eddie House can drop 20, 30 [points off the bench] too. But [the players] don't make decision, we just play the game."

Ray Allen didn't feel a trade was necessary.

"I didn't think we were bad," said Allen. "We were good."

Even Lakers coach Phil Jackson got in on the act, questioning Danny Ainge's logic.

"I really don't know about that," he said. "I have a great respect for House's game. I don't know what you can improve on that credible shooting skill that he has. House really has a strike factor in his game that can really disturb a team."

The thing with pairing lee and bosh, or stat, is that they're both natural PFs.

One reason why i like NJ's pick so much, is because Lopez is a natural 5, and thats pretty damn rare.

We can make a push at Brendan Haywood, who i would welcome with open arms. Lee's time here is actually done however, like allen said. i would hate to see him go however.

YEEUPP wrote:
* Smith said everyone's talking about the $23m expiring contract andavbout how the Knicks will try to go out and get two "max" players,like Lebron and Bosh. Stephen A. talks about it as though Lebron's adone deal ... asked TMac if he would be willing to take less money tostick around if the Knicks went out and brought in LBJ and Bosh.McGrady's response(s) was/were the most interesting thing in theinterview.

"No question," he said. Then he went on to tell Smith, "I don't need any money."

b3035299e38386d8f0de69fa0acde840cc206e9.gif

Back
Top Bottom