wow...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Does anyone have just a horrible feeling about this?  We had to do this but being a Mets/Jets/Knicks fan has left me to expect nothing good to ever happen to any of my teams.  I'm bout to hit up my Hatian connect and ask whats good with a hex on Antawn Jamison's knee
grin.gif
I thank the Giants and the Yankees for keeping me busy the past few years.

I think everyone is realizing now we're in it for the big payoff and some might be scared.  People were excited and enthusiastic when Walsh came in and made 2010 the goal, and now the time is here and there's no going back.

Things haven't gone perfectly, in a perfect world we would have gotten some lottery luck and gotten a higher pick.  Maybe drafted Rose, Mayo, Evans, Rubio, etc. but that's not how things shook out.  People can argue Jennings or Lopez or any other past draft "mistakes", but I'm over that because there's no sense in hoping things went different.

I just have to be optimistic and hope for the best, maybe if we had better luck in the draft or if we had this year's draft pick, then our plan would have changed, who knows... All we can do now is just wait and see how things shake out.

ok so we got tmac
eyes.gif
?? is he going to be the next sprewell part 2
pimp.gif
wat if hes good again sign him in the summer for cheap 
laugh.gif
...  we got rid of hughes and jeffries which is good
wink.gif
to get 2 max deals this summer
eek.gif
... and if the big 3 king, d wade, and cb4 stay theres still a lot more solid players to get
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but if we going to be garbage this season please just win at least 23 games
ohwell.gif

forgot to add if the knicks get amare and joe j they going to be a problem
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
just need a pg to sign after those 2 
laugh.gif

I'm still figuring out why Nate was traded for that...why not just let him stay put and then let him walk
grin.gif
smh.gif

On the bright side, it's not like we gave up Latrell Sprewell but I'm bit disappointed in trading away that one athlete who absolutely loved playing in NY (with passion and heart)

In time, I'll get over it.
tired.gif

As for the T-mac trade, well... we better do excellent signings this offseason. Not good signings, not ok signings...Excellent, franchise-changing for the next decade, signings
mad.gif

Hopefully this will be a historic thread for the right reasons.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I'm still figuring out why Nate was traded for that...why not just let him stay put and then let him walk
grin.gif
smh.gif

On the bright side, it's not like we gave up Latrell Sprewell but I'm bit disappointed in trading away that one athlete who absolutely loved playing in NY (with passion and heart)

In time, I'll get over it.
tired.gif
Well think of it this way, at least now he has a chance to win a ring this season.  Either way he was gone after this season, but now give him a shot to help a team in the playoffs since he wanted to go to a winner.

The Boston Celtics announced today that the club has acquired guard Nate Robinson and forward Marcus Landry from the New York Knicks in exchange for guards Eddie House, J.R. Giddens and forward Bill Walker. “Nate is one of the great athletes in the league and he brings a dynamic scorer to our team,

i forgot the bad part... we gave up on hill too quick and handed over 2 picks
smh.gif
.... hopefully if we good next year then this wasn't a bad idea but still...and i never liked the idea of trading nate
tired.gif
but hes a good player and deserves to play for a contender and help... but boston
mad.gif
... i don't think he ever wanted to leave he just aint like coach mike dan..or maybe the media blew it up
alien.gif

Lost in it all (and rightfully so)..is that I think we just got better for the rest of the year.

Playoffs are gone, obviously. But it should be a better product out there now.

You lose Jeffries and Hill, who never played...and pick up TMac (who knows? but he's better than Jeffries), maybe a semi competent PG(which if he is, please use Douglas off the bench isntead of Duhon) and House.

I'm interested to see what happens the rest of the way. Just wish Harrington was gone. He provides nothing that will help this team and the young players room to grow. He is a bum who is out for himself. I really have ended up hating the guy. And what irks me the most is when he first got here, he actually was playing a complete game and passing the ball well.

I'm of the belief that TMac is basically shot, but it's been 2 years with no additional miles on his body...maybe there's another 2-3 somewhat productive years left in him? Who knows. But I'm very interested to see, and I have no expectations for him. So that's a plus.

So imagine a team throws Lee a 10-12per year. you know damn well hes bolting.

Outside of Gallo and Chandler (who hasnt proved much) our core isnt that great. you can throw douglas in there as well, but same concept goes.

Things arent looking too good right now, and we better hope Tmac can still ball (which i still do) but im not a huge fan of losing jordan hill. i really believe he could develop and help us. especially with more minutes.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Does anyone have just a horrible feeling about this?  We had to do this but being a Mets/Jets/Knicks fan has left me to expect nothing good to ever happen to any of my teams.  I'm bout to hit up my Hatian connect and ask whats good with a hex on Antawn Jamison's knee
grin.gif

i'm a yankees fan so it'll even out
wink.gif

oh and proshares it's at 1000 on NT and in the real world as well trust me. i was celebrating in the street when i got the call that the move was made

- I dont believe Donnie would have spent 2 years getting rid of everyone if he didnt have some sort of inside track of knowing what he can or can't do this summer. If he's confident, I am too.

As far as what remains...we know D'Antoni is going 7, maybe 8 guys. you just named 3. If we do happen to sign 2 guys, that's 5....and guys like Raja Bell will be available or whoever. We lost 1 guy from the 'young core' and now things really don't look as good? I dont know. It's a hit but not something that will be a disaster.

It's tough to part with your draft pick when his rookie season isn't up, but for Donnie..it had to be done.

If you dont make the deal, then what? Well, here LeBron...you gota wait 1 more till we can do anything...

Now you can say, here you go...take your pick of who you want to play with and lets hit the ground running.

* true, I'm sayin...he wasn't clearin that room for the hope of bringing back David Lee.

Yooo about harrington I swear last game vs bulls right before the deadline dude was passing more than he ever did this season
laugh.gif
i was like
eek.gif
, guess he ain't want to be traded

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- I dont believe Donnie would have spent 2 years getting rid of everyone if he didnt have some sort of inside track of knowing what he can or can't do this summer. If he's confident, I am too.

As far as what remains...we know D'Antoni is going 7, maybe 8 guys. you just named 3. If we do happen to sign 2 guys, that's 5....and guys like Raja Bell will be available or whoever. We lost 1 guy from the 'young core' and now things really don't look as good? I dont know. It's a hit but not something that will be a disaster.

It's tough to part with your draft pick when his rookie season isn't up, but for Donnie..it had to be done.

If you dont make the deal, then what? Well, here LeBron...you gota wait 1 more till we can do anything...

Now you can say, here you go...take your pick of who you want to play with and lets hit the ground running.

* true, I'm sayin...he wasn't clearin that room for the hope of bringing back David Lee.
im not a fan of that 8 man rotation. everyones damn exhausted by the end of the game.

I get what you're saying, but you just dont part with that young core just for to get cap space, and draft picks. those draft picks SHOULD be in the late 20 so it wouldnt matter. if its anywhere near lottery, it obviously means we were a complete failure, and we're the laughing stock of the league for another decade which i doubt.

We obviously know lebron can take anyone to the ECF on his will power alone, but i just dont like the idea on completely banking on just him alone. does it really make a difference if we sign players one year later?

if these guys really cared about winning, wouldnt they take a paycut just to win a chip?

and why let lee bolt? i have a feeling he can play well if hes at his natural position.

Back
Top Bottom